Options
bushokie
bushokie Posts: 180 Member
When your weight loss stalled what did you change

Replies

• deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I am anxious to see the answers to this, as mine has stalled majorly, and I have tried all I can think of!!
  • elaineirene84
    elaineirene84 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I increased my calories, increased the intensity of my workouts and began using dumbbells in addition to the cardio I was doing. I just began doing 30 day shred as well so mixing up my workouts seem to have helped.
  • serenalesley
    serenalesley Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I ran the numbers (see http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 which you probably have already, but another look doesn't hurt) and upped my goal calories to slightly above my BMR, while also eating back the majority of my exercise calories (worked out by MFP according to stats grabbed from a linked Fitbit smart pedometer). Eating more to eat less really DOES work.
  • Kempossible
    Kempossible Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I actually changed my workout routine and increased my protein intake signficantly. So now, I 'try" to eat protein with every meal including snacks. Best Wishes to you !
  • SkinnyForMinnie
    SkinnyForMinnie Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I will learn a lot from these answers. Bump.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I increased my calories and my trainer took cardio out of our sessions, replacing it with heavy lifting - started having better losses.
  • luckyinlove2
    luckyinlove2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just went back to my goals page. I had put myself down for 4 x per week 30 min workouts this past summer, but haven't been getting those in this winter. So I backed out 1 of the workouts, lost 200 calories per day and am seeing a very slow downward change. Of course, I just did this last Friday! So check on that. :flowerforyou:
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I was doing mainly cardio with light weights and had a 3 month stall. Then I incorporated strength training and got a hrm so that I could monitor my calories in vs. calories out closer. Worked like a charm :-)
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is true so might be best not to listen but I'm sure I seem or heard so embody say so nobody shout at me .... "Shock you body, 1 day eat about 3000 cals then the next 1200 and do that for a week along with strength and cardio training "..... I don't kow if that's true but my weight stalled for abit and I stopped heavy exercise and just walked I piced the pace up went up and down hills every time an walked every single day for an hour and I started losing again I lost 35lbs then gained an I avnt weighed since it that's my own silly fault
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I change up my workouts.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I just busted through my stall..it was 6 months long! I completely changed my workouts. In the beginning, I could only manage the eliptical for 5 minutes but eventually I was up to an hour. Same with running, I couldn't run 5 minutes then I was doing 5k's..And then I stalled. I was not going to add more time to my workouts because that is crazy (to me). So I just added JM Ripped in 30, 30DS, walking, and started weight training again. I have stopped the elliptical and have also started biking. I cannot wait to be able to be outdoors!

For me personally, I slacked big time on the water beginning with winter and picking up my pace on that helped greatly.

I am by no means an expert but I hope it helps:)
  • stangirl1995
    stangirl1995 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I was at a stall for over a year. I upped my calories majorly and switched to clean eating. I immediately started dropping and am still dropping. I have always done a good combo of strength and cardio. Clean eating is what did it for me. I am no longer afraid of calories. And I still allow myself to splurge a couple times a week.
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Went from 1200 calories to 1400 calories and added weight lifting twice a week.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Luckily, I never plateaued during my weight loss, and I think I can chalk it up to always switching up my exercise routine. I changed up my routine every 4-5 workouts. Doing that, I prevented my body from falling into routine. I always kept it guessing! When people are at a stall, that is the first thing I suggest doing :)
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I ate more. And stopped weighing myself. I payed better attention to my measurements and dropped all the 100 calorie snack Pack crap. And I started shrinking ASAP.
  • Dlacenere
    Dlacenere Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Follow the theme in all of these answers...less cardio, lift weights (heavy as you can) increase calories and protein. This is what works.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I went from single to engaged
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I didn't change a thing. I always had a 500 calorie deficit every single day. 500 cal deficit a day = 3500 cals = 1 pound lost a week. i knew what i was doing was EXACTLY the right way so as long as i kept doing it eventually it would catch up with the loss. I would go on 3-4 weeks stints where no loss. It ALWAYS caught up around week 4 and would actually be a 4 pound loss where even like week 2 would be a gain of .1 but in the end as long as you are not lying to yourself and really are eating the amount recorded and not overestimating your exercise your body will catch up. The body doesn't like losing weight... it's fuel. Nature wants us to be at whatever weight we are, if not heavier so using science of calories your body has to give in eventually. a lot of people don't record a "bite" here and a "bite" there... those add up and can hurt too. I was consistent and overall lost 1 pound a week even with snags here and there. if you are truly having a calorie deficit your body WILL lose the weight (barring medical issues of course).
  • em3120
    em3120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I started to eat more. I was eating at the generic 1200 calories but now I net about 1500. I changed up routine to include more HIIT and pilates. I bought a food scale and more accurately measured everything. It might not seem like a big deal when you are logging an apple but it can really vary with how much it weighs!
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I increased my strength training, started doing HIIT cardio instead of steady state, and bought a BodyMedia armband so I could accurately see how many calories I was burning from my workouts as well as throughout the day. I read someone's profile "picture" and it stuck with me. If it doesn't challenge you, then it doesn't challenge you. I was doing an hour on the elliptical machine without breaking a sweat. I turned up the intensity and added free weights and haven't looked back since. Helped me to lose my last stubborn pounds and now helps me maintain the loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!