Chocolate bars - what do you snack on

Options
I quite like this calorie counting as it means if I feel like a bit of chocolate I an still eat it as long as its logged rather then be like oh cant eat that ....

Have found FLAKES to have the least calories in at 170 :D ( although funsize ones can be less such as the milkyway ) and Crunchies at 185 :D

Replies

• khacker1
    khacker1 Posts: 6
    Options
    I like the 3 musketeers truffles, they are about 180 calories....I also like the 3 musketeers mint....they are less than 200 calories.
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Options
    skinny cow! LOVE their stuff!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Have not heard of 'flakes' or 'crunchies' but I live in the US, it might be something in the UK or simply something I'm not familiar with?

Dark Chocolate with chili pepper, whole cherries, or lavendar etc. would be my pick. I put the bar in the freezer and break a small square off every so often. I pick dark chocolate because it's definitely NOT a trigger food (as I was always a milk chocolate girl) and also has some good healthy benefits.

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • Moonboots100
    Moonboots100 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I have found that the Tesco Reduced Fat Crispy Orange Flavour Bars are amazing, and they are only 93 cals! Yes they are only 22g bars, but they are very chewy so they last a while!!! I think they do the plain ones too.
    That is if you are from the UK of course!
  • Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options
    Odwalla chocolate chip or hershey's special dark bar.
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I don't really like chocolate but sometimes I have to have a piece of Lindt White Chocolate:tongue:
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I like Montezuma's dark chocolate with orange and geranium. Sounds horrible, but it's gorgeous. Two squares is approximately 44 calories.
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Lindt dark chocolate with sea salt is AMAZING!!! A square after dinner completely satisfies my sweet tooth.
  • Alleghany
    Alleghany Posts: 200
    Options
    I love, love, love Larabars! My current favorite is the Jocolate Hazelnut flavor. It helps when I need that chocolate fix. The calories are in the nuts.
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    Check out these two links to find your 100 Calorie Chocolate Pleasure::drinker:

http://www.hersheys.com/products/details/100Calorie/index.asp?name=DarkChocolate

http://www.dietlikeadiva.com/
  • norbel_shumon
    Options
    Atkins Reeses Cups ---- Seriously, they taste great and it's the perfect blend of MORE chocolate, less peanut butter (If you're into that)
  • Pinksapphire74
    Options
    I found a wonderful dark chocolate (which is saying alot cause I think dark chocolate is bitter) that is gluten free, sugar free and inexpensive. I found it at Walmart in the candy isle with the dove bars, it is called simply lite I believe and I eat two pieces which is about 58 calories! I also like Lara bars and Mrs. mayes trio bars found at Costco, they only have 3 to 4 ingredents, but taste amazing!
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I believe that if you are going to eat chocolate, you should eat the best chocolate.

When I have a craving, I go to my favorite chocolate shop, either mason du chocolate or neuman's, and pick 4 of my favorite truffles or chocolates and have them put into a pretty box with a ribbon.

I only do that once a month though. The rest of the time I buy starbucks dark chocolate bars because of their smaller size. They are only one serving, so you can't over indulge!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I am a milk chocolate girl, but would like to convert to dark chocolate as I know it is better for ya. Right now, I am indulging my chocolate cravings with Lindt Milk Chocolate truffles...soooo decandent.

I also like grabbing a small handful of grain sweetened chocolate chips.
  • RMX82
    RMX82 Posts: 172
    Options
    I'm not really that into sweets, but if I'm craving chocolate I usually just have a Fiber One Oats & Chocolate bar. Seems to do the trick for me.
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Ghiradelli dark chocolate squares are my drug of choice! Ha! I also like to keep Dove Promises (dark) around. a square or two a day keeps my cravings away! :bigsmile:
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I like the 100 calorie Hershey vanilla whips. They are really good.
  • irishclaire
    Options
    I love Chocolate I have such a sweet tooth, but im trying my best not to give in. Favourite chocolate is Kinder Bueno and Flake. Ive been snacking on cherry and orange tic tacs to curve my cravings. But i adore any chocolate.. yum..
  • Tamiash
    Tamiash Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the sites, very helpful!:smile:
    4507 Posts: 5
    Options
    Try buying the richest, finest chocolate you can afford, consume it in small quantities, eat it slowly, savoring every morsel! For hot chocolate, try Nestles no-sugar-added Quik mixed in plain almond milk -- 60 cal per cup for the almond milk & 35 cal per 2 Tbs for the Quik.