When your weight loss stalled what did you change

Options

Replies

• MonicaT1972
    Options
    I hired a personal trainer...he pushes me and kicks my butt every single day I work with him....knocked my plateau right out of the water!!!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Increased my calories to maintenance for a couple weeks. Once I lowered them again the weight loss started even though it was the same calories as when I was stalled out.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    switched up my exercises and changed how much i was eating. i was stuck at a plateau about 6-8 weeks, so instead of doing my long walks that werent working anymore, i started doing crunches and pushups. i also ate under what i was, then a few days later would eat more than i was then go back to the regular amount. that worked. i plateuad a little again because my weight is getting too low so then i switched it up and got some dumbbells, also ate higher some days then went back down to what i was. seems to work for me. and drink that water!
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    when I hit a plateau, I started searching the forums and then found this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

basically my body became more efficient in using the cals i was getting and in doing the exercises i was doing, so less cals burned....so upped my cals from 1200 to 1350, changed up my exercise and was able to break through! hooray for eating more to lose! :love:
  • karlalband
    karlalband Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    bump for later cuz I think I'm going to need this soon.
  • zmzmzm19
    zmzmzm19 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • sigsby
    sigsby Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I changed up my workouts. Switchhed from the stationary bike to the rowing machine. Still do 60 minutes on the treadmill. Changed my strength training to only include a few exercises but I do more sets with more weight. I lift as much as I can for as many sets as I can. Then I reduce the weight and do it again. That's 2 hours every other day.

Bench press
    Squats
    dumbell curls
    overhead tricep press
  • stargazer008
    Options
    I am currently try to eat more calories in hopes of losing weight. I'm doing tdee-25%.
  • ng08
    ng08 Posts: 5
    Options
    Mine had stalled for 5 months. I increased my calorie intake by 200 calories and started eating raw veggies like celery, cucumber, carrots and tomatoes every day. That did it for me and I have me losing weight since then.
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I've been stalled for about 2-3 months now (gain/lose the same 2-4 kg). So I decided to pick up the New Rules of Lifting for Women. Can't say I've seen a scale change nor really a measurement change (yet) but I've only been at it about 2.5 weeks now, but I went from barely being able to lift anything, to using 25 pound weights on my deadlifts. I'm totally stronger! I'm sure the rest'll come in time. I'm working on getting a stronger ME vs. getting a lighter me.
  • Thinknight
    Thinknight Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Nice thread!
  • melbogg
    melbogg Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    bump
  • soccerme8
    Options
    I would change up what I ate, such as if I had eggs and toast every morning I would do a smoothie instead, or yogurt things like that, also change my workout routine, if I did Tae Bo everyday I would take a jog instead, or if you workout for 30 minutes a day go to 40 minutes. Also you could try eating a little more calories or a little less calories for 2 weeks and see if you need more or less, sometimes I notice if I eat to little I gain and sometimes I have to change it to eating less in order to lose, or vis versa with with eating more. Good luck!
  • marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I increased my calories to my TDEE -20%, around 1580, and added lifting weights and no more elipitcal. Spinning x2 for cardio and weights.
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I think I got lucky, mine never stalled till I was with in 5 lbs of my goal weight, then it just went a lot slower. I with in 1 lb now
  • StephTanis
    StephTanis Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'll be coming to this if I experience a stall!
  • monilove78
    monilove78 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Saving this for when (or if) I hit this point. Thanks all!
  • Abi_bug04
    Options
    I used the spreadsheet, and now am losing steadily again!

You can download it from here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/heybales/view/spreadsheet-ver-3-for-bmr-tdee-deficit-calcs-macro-calcs-hrm-zones-426221

It's a very simple method using the TDEE/BMR method, but it does all the calculations for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!