Short 5 feet ladies... what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• StephanyJDingman
    StephanyJDingman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i'm 5ft tall and 208 lbs at my current weight, highest weight was 220 lbs and i never want to be there again though i can't tell much of a difference with 12 lbs gone so far. my ultimate goal is 110 lbs though i'd be happy with 120 lbs. i have always been chubby but decided i don't want to be FAT anymore, i want to be thin and healthy for a person my height. best of luck to everyone! you all inspire me!

I have lost 10lbs and do not see any difference either, except my complexion has improved, but ultimately I do not see it. I too have always been "chubby", I ate what my friends did, but I stopped growing taller in 6th grade while they stayed slim and tall. Oh well, being short does have some advantages. I am always carded at restaurants, which makes me feel young, which makes me feel good :)
    Good luck to you! You can do it :)
  • tangelm
    tangelm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 4 11' and 179lbs. my goal weight is 125 for now. I gained this weight over the past two years and would love to get it off and not take 2 years. Good luck to all. Short folk got to stick together. :smile: We can do it I know we can! I have lost 6lbs to far and will keep moving!!! So keep moving ladies...keep moving
  • nhradeuce
    nhradeuce Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am not a woman, and I am not 5'0" (I'm 5'9") but I figured my experience may help you decide. When I started loosing weight I originally wanted to get to 185 or so. I had weighed that much in high school when I was in really good shape and I figured any less than that and I would look sickly. When I hit 185 I was not happy. So I adjusted down to 175. When I got there, I looked better, but still not what I wanted so I dropped my GW to 165. I am now at 163.5 and I am getting very close to how I want to look. What's the point of this?

First, BMI is meaningless. It was not meant to be used on a specific person. Even at my weight now I am on the very high end of what is considered healthy for my height.

Second, weight is also largely irrelevant. What you are really looking for is the body fat % for how you want to look. In my case, I want to be highly defined with killer abs. At my age, that means I need to be around 11% BF. I don't care of I weigh 160 or 175 as long as my BF% is at a level that I have good muscle definition.

Tracking your weight is certainly a good measure of progress, but don't set your goals based on your weight. There is nothing worse than hitting your GW and realizing that your body composition is all wrong and you don't look like you want to. Figure out how you want your body to look and make that your goal based on BF%. Gaining muscle is a good thing, but it wreaks havoc on the scale.
  • flameofSuzaku
    flameofSuzaku Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ah yes i totally agree. I think the lowest i remember being is 150-ish at just under 5ft but i dont remember what i looked like. I'm now 5'2" and 255 down from 290. I dont have a specific number in mind but a body frame that's slowly peeking out. I've got some numbers i want to see and right now its 199 XD I think i'm going to do a happy dance when i'm out of the 200's.
  • patscottberteotti
    Options
    Hi there, I am also 5' tall. I've been struggling with my weight for years. I have just signed on to myfitnesspal and am encouraged by the success of so many people. I weigh 211 at this time and hope that I can get down to around 140, like you. If I reach that milestone I will reassess whether or not I should go further. For now, I am just happy to have found this program and praying that it will work for me. Be strong and determined!!
  • Littlemelody
    Options
    Hi everybody,

I'm 5 feet tall (Should I say small?). All my life, i've always been chubby, but now, I'm overweight. I've never been over 200 until one year ago when I started to work in an office. Now, I'm tired of all this overweight and want to get rid of it. I lost 7 pounds since 2 weeks and keep going until I reach my goal : 140lbs. And then If I feel it I will keep going. Now healthy eating will be a lifestyle for me.

Some of you have stories like mine and you should be proud of what you have already accomplished.
  • runny111
    runny111 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    5'1.5"
    SW (May 7 2012) - 162.4
    CW - 126.0
    GW is 117

My goal BF percentage is 22-23%, currently at 26.5%.

And similar to what the poster above said, the weight is a bit irrelevant. The BF% is more important than BMI, but BMI does provide some nice goal markers along the way. When you get within 15% of healthy it too unreliable to pin your end game on.

12 years ago, I was 118lbs (all with WW, but too much cardio and no weights). I now I did it slowly with MFP/diet, weights and running balanced and I fit into the same clothing as I did 8lbs less. In fact some of the stuff that fit me 8 years ago at 122, is now loose and needs to be taken in. (My Ann Taylor 6P bottoms). I now fit into one size smaller than I did 8 years ago at 4lbs less than I am now.

Make sense?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, I'm shooting for 110!! :bigsmile:

SW: 230
    CW: 163
  • StephanyJDingman
    StephanyJDingman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, I'm shooting for 110!! :bigsmile:

SW: 230
    CW: 163

You are inspiration to me! Just knowing you started where I am and where you are now gives me hope that I can too get there!
  • blancokitty
    blancokitty Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 2" and my goal is 140 lbs. Hope to get there some day.
  • Angeloftheshore
    Angeloftheshore Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    5'3 173lbs right now...goal weight is 125
  • renitawalker9
    Options
    5'2", 36 y.o.

HW: 180 lbs
    CW:125 lbs
    GW: 120????
    Current bf%: hovering around 20% I believe
    Goal bf%: however low I have to get to see the hips, buns and thighs developed

My measurements would say I'm a hourglass but the way I hold weight below the waist and tone up really fast up top is more like a pear. I was where I wanted to be 10 years ago but a lot has happened since then (jobs, marriage, cross country moves, 2 more kids).
  • DrCaspianDoll
    DrCaspianDoll Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Add me short ladies! I am 5 feet tall and want to get down to 120 lbs!
  • workinprogress007
    workinprogress007 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady you can do it!
  • randysjb
    randysjb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet and currently 116 lbs. Not too bad but feel the best at 110 - 112 lbs. Lowest I've been since hitting 50 (now 55) is 105 lbs and most people thought I was too thin. Funny since until I hit 40 I weighed between 95 - 100 lbs and it seemed just right.
  • EmilyMejia93
    EmilyMejia93 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and when I started this program (counting calories) I was 189. In a few days it'll be an official month of me doing this and so far I've lost a total of 12.6 pounds. To get to the point, my goal weight is to be 105-110 depending on I feel. I'm really hoping that I can tone a lot even though I already have muscle (under this fat somewhere lol). I just want to have a nice slim, tight body! Good luck on your goal!
  • Angelwheeler
    Options
    5'2" shooting for 135!!
  • 1reneeski
    1reneeski Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1, I am now 152. Goal is 110. Every single little pound shows up because we are short.
    I hate it, i feel much more comfortable at around 110-115.
  • reankanesmom
    reankanesmom Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11 and I saw a chart that says my highest 134 which seems a little high. I had a starting weight of 271 and I am 189 now I went from a size 24 to an 11 so right now I am just aiming for a size 8 and 160 my ultimate goal is 140. I have way more muscle now then I used to at this weight years ago. Most of my fat is in my butt and thighs so if I can get those down more I will be content at higher weight if have to be.
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    im 5'1 and currently weigh 102.. probably more right now because its that time of the month.. which i REFUSE to weigh myself because its just depressing after eating everything in my house for a week.. my goal is 98 lbs .. any less than that an it looks scary.. I LOVE HOW MANY OF US SHORTIES ARE ON HERE! it makes me happy :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!