Quest vs pure protein?

Never tried quest bars but I heard they are good and good for you. I typically have chocolate peanut butter pure protein bars- I like them, and they are lower in carbs (same protein as quest)

Thoughts??

Replies

• 2BhappyBhealthy
    2BhappyBhealthy Posts: 181 Member
    QUEST BARS QUEST BARS QUEST BARS. They are sooo good, macros are incredible and one of the biggest perks.. *drum roll* .... no gas. :) I have not had the best experience with most protein bars, supplements, etc and quest does not bother me at all. plus they are tasty and delicious
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Sweet. Where do they sell them so I can try a few flavors??
  • 2BhappyBhealthy
    2BhappyBhealthy Posts: 181 Member
    I buy on Amazon but I've heard other people say they sell them at GNC. Get a couple to try but make sure you get the Coconut Cashew and microwave it for 5 seconds first. It's heaven. My other favs are the lemon pie, cinnamon bun and banana nut. And if you like the sweeter bars, try the chocolate peanut butter .. basically you can't go wrong - but make sure to get the coconut. ;)
  • es2189
    es2189 Posts: 142 Member
    You can get them on Amazon. I got a variety pack a couple weeks ago which was amazing, but they seem to have discontinued it. Really weird. Anyway, I have had good experiences with almost all of them (I don't generally like protein bars). My favorites are Cinnamon Roll, Vanilla Almond Crunch, and Apple Pie. I definitely recommend trying either Cinnamon Roll or Apple Pie, as these seem to have the widest appeal (I did an internet search and kept track of how much positive feedback each flavor got...yes, I'm that dorky).
  • es2189
    es2189 Posts: 142 Member
    I buy on Amazon but I've heard other people say they sell them at GNC. Get a couple to try but make sure you get the Coconut Cashew and microwave it for 5 seconds first. It's heaven. My other favs are the lemon pie, cinnamon bun and banana nut. And if you like the sweeter bars, try the chocolate peanut butter .. basically you can't go wrong - but make sure to get the coconut. ;)

Also love the coconut, which is funny because I'm not a big coconut fan at all.
  • jamiek917
    THANK YOU!!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Check Quest's FB page. They had a free sample giveaway a few weeks ago. Not sure if it's still going on.

I really like quest, and I'm amazed at the amount of fiber in them and that it doesn't make me farty like Fiber One/Plus bars, but I buy Pure Protein because Quest costs twice as much. If I wasn't terminally cheap and if I had problems with reaching my fiber, I'd get Quest.
  • jamiek917
    Check Quest's FB page. They had a free sample giveaway a few weeks ago. Not sure if it's still going on.

I really like quest, and I'm amazed at the amount of fiber in them and that it doesn't make me farty like Fiber One/Plus bars, but I buy Pure Protein because Quest costs twice as much. If I wasn't terminally cheap and if I had problems with reaching my fiber, I'd get Quest.

awesome- good to know- ill check it out now!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    They still have the giveaway, but it's only 250 a day at certain times. Like their page and keep an eye out for it.

https://www.facebook.com/QuestNutrition/app_364041783617057
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member

Yep - same here. And thank you for the facebook tip. Hopefully, I'll remember it when I'm at home, as my employer blocks facebook.
  • I love questbars too. The fiber and protein are high. They are delicious. So far I've only tried the chocolate brownie and the chocolate chip cookie dough.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    You can send them an email too requesting a sample, or samples I guess. I asked for two yesterday and it wasn't a problem at all. I did it through the contact feature on their website. They had them shipped in just a couple hours. I can't wait to try them!
  • jamiek917
    i just picked up 4 to try- the local GNC only had 6 options- so i got the chocolate PB, the coconut, the vanilla almond and cinnamon roll. ill try one a day this week :) thanks all!
  • jamiek917
    I must be the only person who doesn't mind paying 2.50 per bar.

no- its friggen ridiculous. the GNC had buy 3 get 1 free... not exactly a deal... but better than nothing.

the chocolate PB Pure Protein bar is good to me- and more like $1 a bar if i buy the box at target. so if i like quest- ill buy more, but im not spending that much for a daily protein bar!
  • divid
    divid Posts: 68 Member
    love quest!! I buy them from the quest website..my gnc in canada doesnt carry them.. my gym sells them.. you can also buy them online at iherb.com
  • jamiek917
    im eating a quest cinnamon roll bar as we speak. pretty good- but holy chewy!! luckily i prefer to drink a ton of water as i eat anyway!
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Quest bars have lower net carbs and are more natural. I do enjoy my PB Pure Protein and LOVE the Caramel Pure Protein (its like a candy bar) - but I prefer my quest bars anyday!!!
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    im eating a quest cinnamon roll bar as we speak. pretty good- but holy chewy!! luckily i prefer to drink a ton of water as i eat anyway!

Nuke it in the microwave for 3-5sec and it will help with the chewiness. Do NOT go over 7 sec....You've been warned. :tongue:
  • I purchase directly from quest. Www.questproteinbars.com cheaper super fast shipping and much fresher. They have a new one that is chocolate chip cookie dough and it's to die for. Yummy. all the flavors can't be beat!!! My husband and I have now lost 130 LBS each so a total of 260 lbs gone and a lot of that has to do with eating correctly and snacking on quest bars along with the insanity workout!!!! Trust me you can't go wrong with these!!! Oh and BTW if you microwave them for about 10 secs they are even better... like a warm chewy cookie yummy :)