Do I have the highest BMI on MFP?

Options
13»

Replies

• wolfelements
    wolfelements Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I used to, before gastric-bypass. I was around 65. Now I'm 28.2.

Don't worry hun, you will so get down. You can do it!
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Do not worry about who is the bigges person here. When I started this journey, I was so embarassed at the gym. I was by far the biggest girl at the gym in the womens center. After working out in there for a while I decided to try one of the classes. I was terrified and really embarassed to jump and move around with my fat body. After a few times of going I told myself "you get in that class and who cares what others might be saying or thinking about me. I am doing this for ME. I deserve this. I can do this. If they want to laugh and giggle or have mean thoughts about my fat body, then that is on them". Guess what....66lbs later I am still going to those classes and they, along with MFP have helped me lose this weight. Do not worry with being hte biggest. Focus on making canges and getting healthy! My goals are not a certain #. My goal is to be Healthy, Fit and Strong! You can do this!!!!
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. Many congrats to those who have lost so much - what an inspiration!

OMG... I really AM the most overweight person on this site.

I find that rather lonely AND scary!

Definitely don't think you're the largest ...but even if you ARE - that just means you'll have the MOST awesome and inspiring transformation!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • TLL09
    TLL09 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. Many congrats to those who have lost so much - what an inspiration!

I'm sure there are many others just like you, they simply haven't seen the post or they are not as brave as you in revealing the details of their journey. Keep up the great work!
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I doubt you are the heaviest person on the site they just haven't responded. who cares about other people's numbers it only matters that yours are going down. congrats
  • Rosytakesoff
    Options
    You've already lapped everyone still sitting on the couch.

My starting BMI was 54. Now it's 31. I am still chugging along. It doesn't matter where we start--It only matters that we keep going.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I started two years ago at 64.5. I'm down to 54.5.

Personally I don't pay much attention to BMI, but those are the numbers.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options

Nah, you're not the most overweight person on the site, and really you shouldn't worry about comparing yourself to others. Your struggle is yours, theirs is theirs.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Howie started at 415. He's down to around 289 (126 lost). I'm pretty sure that would put his starting BMI close to yours. I'm not sure on how tall he is. If he's 5'9" he started at 61.3. 5'10" or above he's below you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/howietwopointzero
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I like your competitive spirit. It will do you well here.
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options

You have taken the first step.. :flowerforyou: You are NOT alone. Good luck in your journey and add me if you need more supportive friends!
  • jsimler1
    jsimler1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I started at 63.9 for my BMI...at 61.2 now...you're not alone my dear...
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I was about 50% B.F. when I started losing weight a few years ago, and am now riding about 31%. I've lost about 8 inches off my waist (which I think is a much more important measurement than what it says on the scale). When I first started, I couldn't even FIND my muscles in all the fat---now they actually feel larger and firm and there is a lot less fat there! I'm hoping to at least get down to 25% B.F. over this year. If I can do it---anyone can. So can you!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    When I started this journey my BMI was 74........ am at 33 now but I don't put any faith whatsoever into this number... It has no bearing on the way I look and feel today.... You shouldn't put a whole lot into it either just keep up the fight and get to a size you feel comfortable at.... Best of Luck
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    My BMI was 31.2 when I started. I'm now at 23.
    It takes time but you'll get there. I believe in you! :flowerforyou:
  • pagoubupa
    pagoubupa Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I started with a BMI of 60 and am currently down to 44.
    You can do it :)
  • darknessgurl
    Options
    My BMI is 46 BUT the thing is I am also 5"9. The other thing then also is that BMI is just a guide as there are factors like skeletal mass that the BMI calculation does not take into account.

I was reading somewhere that the BMI calculations are inaccurate if you are tall or short. Shorter people tend to have a higher BMI than first thought and taller, the opposit.

It is really all about how you are feeling in your body though.

I had a very down down day at the gym yesterday, was talking to my partner about how I'm not losing weight like I should and just went to the bathroom and had a little cry. I know I will get there but it's going to be a long hard road! For all of us! Chin up!!!
  • DrJanet98
    DrJanet98 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I know where you're coming from. I went to the university to get an underwater body fat percent evaluation, and I just *had* to ask what the highest percent they'd seen was. Don't know how I'd have felt if I'd been it, but I wasn't, I forget what it was but it was over fifty. I'm already down 22 to 27 pounds, depending on the day, but I figured it would be good to get it and compare in a year when I've lost more! Remember, every measurement or picture you do now is one more you can use to show off how far you've come!