Most ridiculous serving size?

Options

Replies

• oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    if ice cream calories are measured by the cup does it still count as one cup if you smash the whole container into one cup?
  • tuckervc
    Options
    I love this. I am laughing so hard I am crying. You are awesome!:laugh:
  • carlielove
    carlielove Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    May have been mentioned but I've only read page 1 so far;

Girl Scout Cookies (Thin Mints in particular) serving size 5 cookies (if I remember correctly). Who can eat just 5? LOL.

Edit: Looked it up. Serving size is 4 cookies @ 160 calories.
    You think that's bad? The serving size for Caramel Delites is TWO cookies. Who has that much self control??
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I need to know who just eats half of the brick of ramen?? If I'm going to embalm myself with salt and carbs, I'm going big. I"m eating the WHOLE brick.

My Mom does..I told her that was the weirdest thing I ever heard!

For real. It's the whole damn gross pack when I eat that stuff.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I have a bag of croutons in the cabinet... serving size 2 tablespoons. How are you supposed to measure that when most of the croutons won't even fit properly in an actual tablespoon? Why not just say "serving size about 2 croutons"? On top of that -- while it's obviously healthier to go with none anyway -- what kind of salad that includes croutons only uses two of them?
    I think I have the same bag of croutons.

I had a pad thai microwave bowl that you would think is one serving because you cook it and eat it out of the the same bowl, so I ate the whole thing. Then when I went to log it I learned I had eaten 2 servings.:sad:
  • rlu1028
    rlu1028 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Mt Olive kosher dill pickle spears - 1 serving = 3/4 of a spear.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Trail mix. I used to buy 4 different varieties and they varied from 140 to 190 cals for 1/4 to 1/3 cup (~28-31g). I used to keep them at work for late afternoon snacks and kept a repurposed applesauce cup in the bag to serve as a guide. I always figured that I was eating 2 servings by filling the cup up to where the applesauce used to top off. A few months ago I bought a food scale and realized that I was eating 4-6 servings instead! That 560-1140 cals, depends on which blend! I created pre-measured single servings baggies for snacks; they look SO sad. Imagine a snack-sized zipper bag... now put just enough trail mix in it to fill the bag up about a quarter inch!!! I don't buy it anymore, but the few baggies I have left I save for the rare days when I have a huge cal deficit late at night.
  • coolraul07
    Options
    Pop Tarts. 2 come in the pack. Serving size is 1. Who eats just 1 pop tart?
    I do! :laugh:

...until I go back for the other one... :ohwell:

...like 90 secs later... :huh:

:blushing:
  • coolraul07
    Options
    2 tbsp of peanut butter. Significantly less than you think if you're using actual tablespoons too (try weighing it!!). GTFO... gimme the jar and a spoon.

And then when you're trying to measure it out, half of it gets stuck to the spoon and you need to use another spoon to wipe it off. It's a 5 minute process.
    Here's what I do. Use a digital food scale. Place one slice of bread and the butter knife on it and power on, mine will auto-tare and read 0mg. Use the knife to get some PB and place back on the bread. Adjust (add/remove) until you read the desired serving size (mine is 32g). Although its a lot less than I used to use (probably was 2.5 servings), it's still a surprisingly decent amount for a slice of bread.
    I do the same with jam, except I do that before the PB.

Enjoy!
  • MavenMassage505
    Options
    ICEBREAKERS - sugar free hard candy to control my sweet tooth. ONE is a friggin' serving size at 5 calories. WHO CAN EAT JUST ONE?
  • blackiris49
    blackiris49 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    2 tbsp of peanut butter. Significantly less than you think if you're using actual tablespoons too (try weighing it!!). GTFO... gimme the jar and a spoon.

And then when you're trying to measure it out, half of it gets stuck to the spoon and you need to use another spoon to wipe it off. It's a 5 minute process.

I weigh the spoon, zero the scale, use said spoon to scoop out PB, put back on scale and weigh, record weight, PB into mouth and lick spoon clean. Isn't life fun. :smile:
  • witeowl
    Options
    Here's what I do. Use a digital food scale. Place one slice of bread and the butter knife on it and power on, mine will auto-tare and read 0mg. Use the knife to get some PB and place back on the bread. Adjust (add/remove) until you read the desired serving size (mine is 32g). Although its a lot less than I used to use (probably was 2.5 servings), it's still a surprisingly decent amount for a slice of bread.

Enjoy!

I do the reverse. I put the jar of PB on the scale and tare it. Then I use the knife to take out / add back until the scale shows -32g.
  • blackiris49
    blackiris49 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have two bottles of the same brand of ranch dressing and the serving size is listed in grams on one and milliliters on the other. I get kind of irritated when something that CAN be listed in grams is listed in milliliters. I like to use my scale if possible and my math illiterate brain doesn't manipulate ml well.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next bottle is measured in fathoms...or fortnights? Leagues! Shakes of a badger's tail.

I bought a small carton of cream containing 125ml. Nutritional values were per 100g. Had to empty whole carton and weigh the cream. More math!
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    popcorn... popped calories and unpopped calories... who eats popcorn un popped why torture me with more numbers?? just tell me whats in the whole bag of popcorn !! im not going to measure it into cups after i pop it either... rediculous..
  • nickgarner6
    nickgarner6 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    PAM cooking spray for the win!!!!

pam-nutrition.jpg

1/3 second spray? really? WTF?
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    hahahahah!!!! PAM WINS!!! 1/3 second spray...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts. 2 come in the pack. Serving size is 1. Who eats just 1 pop tart?

I know, right? You'd leave one lonely Poptart and no one wants that. :<
    ^this. and then what? It just sits there to get stale in the half opened foily thing?
  • myriddian
    myriddian Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    if ice cream calories are measured by the cup does it still count as one cup if you smash the whole container into one cup?

Can't fault your logic.... I stumbled across a chardonnay last night with the serving being '1 glass'
    Bottles are made of glass right... best 200 calories I spent all day
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    i've never looked at pam, that is really too hilarious!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Enjoy!

I do the reverse. I put the jar of PB on the scale and tare it. Then I use the knife to take out / add back until the scale shows -32g.

and ^this is why hubby doesn't want me to get a food scale, he says it can only become obsessive and I'll end up shutting myself off from people. Just me and my food scale in a room alone.