Fasting? Just water & green tea........

Options
I have had a few bad days eating, drinking, and as a result I feel like crap!

I feel like I have acid in my tummy and feel bloated.

Would you reccommend going for 2/3 days just drinking water and green tea?

Maybe a little fruit?

I feel like my body needs a de-tox and I need to flush all this out?

Or do you think starvation/fasting will make me worse?

Replies

• trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    i'd never recommend that, personally. I'd be more inclined to eat simply and cleanly for a few days alongside the tea and water.
  • Fit4Ibiza
    Options
    Hmmmm I know, I'm not sure what to do?

I just feel like I need to flush everything out of my system

I don't feel too good as a result LOL xx
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I dont think that is a good idea, maybe only raw fruit veg and nuts and green tea and water
  • trudijoy
    Options
    dunno. doesn't sound healthy to me though.
  • phreekles
    phreekles Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Try just one day of fasting. Eat about 500 calories of clean food (veg, fruit, whole wheats, etc) and drink plenty of water and green tea (although green tea is only 1 calorie a cup make sure it's within your 500 cal limit)

You will be peeing out the toxins all day!
  • appleseeds
    appleseeds Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My sisters personal trainer let his clients do a 2 day fast of greens only. But never to exceed 2 days. Also if your struggling over those 2 days throw in some protien ie chicken
  • mrdjmo
    mrdjmo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You don't need to detox.

If you don't fast as part of your normal eating pattern i.e do it weekly monthly etc i wouldnt bother.

Why not just stick to eating normally this will sort you out.

I know the feeling when you go over your clories you think they only way to sort it would be not to eat but think this way, it's gone now today is another day you body still needs fuel to work correclty.

I fast 16/8 but I do this daily to help with my weight loss and muscle building.

Hope that helps.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    why not just eat really healthily?

ETA, what pp said.
  • Fit4Ibiza
    Options
    Think I'm just gonna eat Greens & Chicken

and gallons of water xx
  • trudijoy
    Options
    that sounds like a much better plan x
  • Fit4Ibiza
    Options
    If I do this? Do you think I'll feel much better after a few days?

I want this horrible bloated, gassy feeling to shift.............
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you're just going to have to try it and see! I'd be pretty sure that one day of drinking plenty of water and sensible eating will make you feel a whole lot better.
  • Fit4Ibiza
    Options
    Lets see how I go then! :)

1 pint of water down & 1 green tea waiting to be drank!
  • trudijoy
    Options
    Lets see how I go then! :)

1 pint of water down & 1 green tea waiting to be drank!

i often put a green tea or herbal tea teabag in my 2nd or 3rd bottle of water for the day, it's really really good.
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You might have acid reflux or another gastrointestinal issue. Avoid added salts, spices, refined sugars and look up meals that are safe for people with acid issues and eat those kinds of meal and you should feel a lot better. Make sure you do not lay down within a few hours of eating.
  • trudijoy
    Options
    oh **** can't believe i didn't mention this. PEPPERMINT TEA or GINGER TEA deal wonders with icky tummies.

I have a Green tea with ginger and lemon, i drink it if i feel bloated and it works a charm
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Think I'm just gonna eat Greens & Chicken

and gallons of water xx

^^ this
  • jim_n_virginia
    jim_n_virginia Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I do a 21 day Daniel Fast with my church at the beginning of every year. Google Daniel Fast or Daniel diet theres a ton of stuff on it even a book which has a bunch of recipes on it. In the bible the book of Daniel Daniel refused the Kings meat so that is what the Daniel Diet is. It's basically a vegan diet actually stricter than vegan no chemicals, preservatives, sugar, white flour, white rice, no white pasta. very elemental if it doesn't grow out of the ground you don't eat it nothing processed or modified in any way.

The fasting part is nothing from sun up to sun down and Daniel diet after sunset. Many churches do this at the beginning of every year mine does to. It is an excellent cleanser. You don't have to do 21 day. I'll do 5-10 days through out the year.

I have the book of recipes which helps me out a lot . Just throwing ti hs out there cause this works well with me and how I fast with no ill effects.. YMMV
    good luck
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    the intermittent fasting group on here is wonderful.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Maybe try the 21 Day Fasting Plan? I bet that would work!!