Modest Midwesterners....show yourselves!

Options

Replies

• ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Illinois represent!
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Count me in as a fellow Illini that doesn't like da bears (sorry Chicago... just growing up in Southern Illinois, gotta root for the Rams, CARDINALS, and the Blues)

another Rams, Cards and blues souther IL lady here (although I've been in Amsterdam, the Netherlands for the last 9 years, I'm still an Illinios girl at heart).
  • Dexidah
    Dexidah Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello from Central Illinois! :D

Originally from Southern Illinois (What's up Alhambra? Miss you)

And also another Cardinals and Rams fan. ;)
  • gettingfitnana303
    Options
    MINNESOTA!!!!!
  • grillingirl
    grillingirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Wichita KS where the snow is coming down like crazy right now!!! I actually just heard thunder!!!!
  • cubbie_girl
    cubbie_girl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in Iowa (except for three years in Indiana) - sadly, I'm in the south now and I don't care what anyone says, the "hospitality" down here sucks compared to that of the Midwest. I can't wait to come home this summer for the fair!
  • tanderson1000
    Options
    Southern Ohio at the present but born and raised in Indiana. Still consider myself a HOOSIER......I love IU Basketball and the Cincinnati Reds!
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    Ok I think people have a REALLY vague idea of where the Midwest is. First, it needs to be closer to the middle of the country, i.e. MID. Secondly, it needs to be in what used to be considered Western Territories, i.e. WEST. Chicago is absolutely not Midwestern. I don't think Ohio, Indiana, or Michigan are either. They are Eastern states. I live in St. Louis, also called "The Gateway To The West".To me, we're the Eastern border of the Midwest. I know this seems nitpicky but sometimes people need a geography refresher. Look at a map every once in a while folks!!
  • biergirl84
    biergirl84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    small town central South Dakota is present and accounted for :)
  • biergirl84
    biergirl84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HAHA I agree, but I did have a friend from Indiana and she called herself a midwesterner...so not sure what that is about since the mid west to me has been ND, SD, MN, NE, WI, IA
  • deanna418
    deanna418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Kansas City, Missouri here and it's SNOWING like crazy!
  • LisaR517
    Options
    ND!!
  • maggie_mae2007
    Options
    Nebraskaaaaaa! Go Big Red!
  • MereExtraordinaire
    MereExtraordinaire Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    HELLO from beautiful, snowy Kansas City, Missouri!
  • Megz2006
    Megz2006 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    North Dakota, born and raised. Love it here :-)
  • jsantarelli
    jsantarelli Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Let's have a good definition of the Midwest United States then.

Wikipedia has a good bit on info on it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwestern_United_States.

"The region consists of 12 states in the north-central and north-eastern United States: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin."
  • mrsdavid3
    Options
    Souteast Missouri, WI raised :)
  • katmumn
    katmumn Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Born in Wisconsin (my family used the hospital just over the border), raised in Illinois, lived in Minnesota for the last 18 years.
  • walleyebob977
    walleyebob977 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Northern Mn
  • Mimisam45
    Mimisam45 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    smitten for the mitten! :)

Mitten here too!!!