caveman paleo diet

Options
1235»

Replies

• NakeshiaB
    NakeshiaB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    This diet baffles me as much as the cabbage water diet.

For starters, which region of the world is the diet based on? For example, coastal peoples would have relied mostly on fish and coconut for their food, but people living in the glacial steppes lived mainly off woolly mammoth, rhino, horse and reindeer. Are you going to go dig up a frozen mammoth or shoot a reindeer (Rudolph!)? These are two entirely different diets. My own ancestors ate many animals that have been wiped out, so what would I eat today?

Also, evidence has been found in well preserved cavemen that grains and seeds were eaten at times, usually crushed into meal and mixed with fat and berries, so what's with all the hate on grains and seeds? As far as I know there is no direct scientific evidence to suggest that eating grains is a cause of gluten intolerance.

Finally, why restrict yourself so much? If a caveman was transported to today, they wouldn't be saying no to this food and that. Human survival is about using what tools you have and getting what fuel you can at that time. There was no choice for cavemen, they ate what they could and as much as they could when they could. This included eating other humans, even if it wasn't necessity. So are you going to go cook Uncle Bob or just get some common sense and eat a clean, balanced diet without restricting your daily meal to meat, meat, meat, two berries and a root?
  • LJSmith1989
    Options
    Didn't cavemen only live until like 18?...
  • LJSmith1989
    Options
    This diet baffles me as much as the cabbage water diet.

For starters, which region of the world is the diet based on? For example, coastal peoples would have relied mostly on fish and coconut for their food, but people living in the glacial steppes lived mainly off woolly mammoth, rhino, horse and reindeer. Are you going to go dig up a frozen mammoth or shoot a reindeer (Rudolph!)? These are two entirely different diets. My own ancestors ate many animals that have been wiped out, so what would I eat today?

Also, evidence has been found in well preserved cavemen that grains and seeds were eaten at times, usually crushed into meal and mixed with fat and berries, so what's with all the hate on grains and seeds? As far as I know there is no direct scientific evidence to suggest that eating grains is a cause of gluten intolerance.

Finally, why restrict yourself so much? If a caveman was transported to today, they wouldn't be saying no to this food and that. Human survival is about using what tools you have and getting what fuel you can at that time. There was no choice for cavemen, they ate what they could and as much as they could when they could. This included eating other humans, even if it wasn't necessity. So are you going to go cook Uncle Bob or just get some common sense and eat a clean, balanced diet without restricting your daily meal to meat, meat, meat, two berries and a root?

You hit the nail on the head here... its just another marketing gimmick isn't it. "Health professionals" write a book... idiots like us buy the book and end up not sticking to it anyway. *Yawn*
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    Wow, and all this time. I've been doing it by eating a balanced diet and exercise. Who knew that I could also do it by complicating things and throwing out whole food groups. I'm going to forget about millions of years of evolution and eat the way starving scrounging Neanderthals did.