Anyone wanna juice fast?

Options
13»

Replies

• tadjo
    tadjo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't fast but...

I am not a big fan of breakfast. So I started supplementing my diet by juicing the night before and taking it with me to work. All I can say is do it. First thing I noticed was how much less bloodshot my eyes were. It really just makes one feel good all day.
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Nope - don't want to screw up this "gettin' healthy" thing I got going on. But you go ahead! :drinker:

LOL.. This ^^^
  • ineskaines
    ineskaines Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started juicing as well today :) I'm up for the challenge :)
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    No, thanks. Not big on fad methods. I also like eating.
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    No thanks, not a big fan of being hungry and trying to drink all my nutrients.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    So there's no difference between a juicer and a blender in your country/ies?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    First off... <3 my Breville!

I did try a 3 day juice fast for fun earlier this year, I really had a hard time on it, but it did shrink my stomach and allowed me remember what "full" is.

It didn't shrink your stomach, it's not physically possible. All in your head.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    But...I'm enjoying CHEWING these carrots.
    Won't my teeth feel left out?
  • Daxton
    Daxton Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Are we talking about beer? I'm totally in if we're talking about beer. Just lemme explain this one to the boss... for SCIENCE!
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    Are we talking about beer? I'm totally in if we're talking about beer. Just lemme explain this one to the boss... for SCIENCE!

SCOREEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Now that's a fad diet I can get behind.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those weirdos that really likes eating food. Ill pass. Good luck though
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Are you going to be seriously disappointed if no will pick a fight with you?

No, i'm not looking to pick a fight. I just wanted to offer suggestions to help the OP on her journey on the path that she choose. It can work and if someone feels that something is missing such as protein, that someone could simply tell her to add protein instead of just saying it's unhealthy.

Alright guys, I'll bite.
    Your ratio of 'suggestions to help the original poster' to 'argumentative remarks' is 1:everything else.
    So if you don't filter out all the pulp, you're fine? Is there a legal requirement that one must throw out the pulp? Pulp police?

Not a legal requirement, a linguistic requirement. Juice is:
    a. A fluid naturally contained in plant or animal tissue: fruit juice; meat braised in its own juices.
    b. A bodily secretion: digestive juices.
    c. The liquid contained in something that is chiefly solid.

The important part here is that juice is the liquid. When one "juices", one removes the liquid from the tissue and insoluble (healthy gut) fiber of the substances. If you're referring to blending, in which the components are pulverized but not juiced, then yes, the fiber can remain. This distinction should not be lost on you.

Juicing and blending can be an excellent way of supplementing your diet. Relying solely upon fluids for your nutrition is not excellent, and is now how our bodies are designed. One could take intravenous nutrition for ten days as well and cut the digestive system out entirely; this would be still yet less healthy.

I hope my comments are received in the spirit they are intended.
  • Courtney_Pool
    Options
    I've done almost 200 days of different kinds of juice cleansing - it's amazing!