Crazy Early Morning Workout People

Options

Replies

• ScottiePP7
    ScottiePP7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    6 AM wakeup call here.

It's too easy for me to make excuses at night.

If I am up at six and dont have work til 9 and there is no one else in my house up what else is there to do but work out?
  • sammirust
    Options
    this is going to sound crazy, but ive been getting up at around 2 am. i love it. i get my time in with my pets. have time to clean, and do all the things i need to and i dont need to rush through anything.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to switch to early workouts for a while. What are your secrets?
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am still snoozing at that time! I like to workout around 11 am, but lately since my husband wants to workout I have been doing my workouts at 4-5 pm. ugh...
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I am a 5:15-5:30 person myself. Do you guys find that if you are not in bed by a certain time morning workouts can be comprised in intensity?
  • genablue
    genablue Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Our alarm goes off at 3am, I get him out the door and exercise at 4:30am......I find it helps to control my eating all day also. I think about it before I put it in my mouth, something about knowing you already got in an exercise.....welcome to the EARLY side :)
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys are awesome! Can i ask what you eat, if at all, before that morning workout???
    x

I have a half a banana as soon as my feet hit the floor - just so that there is something in my belly (to avoid getting sick). When I'm done, I make 2 egg whites quick and mix up my protein shake to drink on the way to work.
  • ScottiePP7
    ScottiePP7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Best way to wake up early? Put the alarm across the room.

Only way to turn it off is to get my *kitten* out of bed and walk over to it
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    4 am up and going
  • moment_to_arise
    moment_to_arise Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend always calls me crazy for getting up to be at the gym at 5:15 but i honestly have more energy and generally just feel better throughout the day. plus you already have your workout done so you don't have to be at work thinking about how after you are done you still have to go workout. you can just go home!
  • kymkan
    Options
    I've been wanting to switch to early workouts for a while. What are your secrets?
    go to bed early - that's about it. Try it - you will love it!
  • SenoraMacias
    SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm one of these! I have a much better day when I work out before work.
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I used to say there was no way I could do an early morning workout. I'd tried morning runs in the past and felt miserable at times. And I couldn't consistently wake up that early. But I ran a marathon a month ago and I realized almost immediately when I started training that evening workouts got pre-empted way too often due to work or other factors. My only chance to get the training in was to force myself to run in the morning. After a few weeks I started to like it!

I'm a bit of a night owl so its sometimes a little challenge to fight the urge to stay up too late but I can be up by 5:15 - 5:30 if I'm in bed by midnight. Now that I've started triathlon training its even more important. I never thought I'd be a morning workout person but now I hate if I have to do the evening since I feel like I have so much more energy through the day and my whole night is free!
  • kymkan
    Options
    Best way to wake up early? Put the alarm across the room.

Only way to turn it off is to get my *kitten* out of bed and walk over to it

yes!!! that and my workout clothes and shoes are right there by my alarm - I have to step over them to shut it off! lol
  • Rambo529
    Rambo529 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I hate mornings. I occasionally have to do morning workouts if I have plans after work that interfere with my regular workout time, and I dont' get as good of a workout in. I struggle to get used to it, but totally give props to those who can. Way to go!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Got any tips for us peeps that still can't drag our butt out of bed? :smile:
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Good For you! I love working out early in the morning as well. That way, its done for the day....no excuses. And, you do have much more energy from working out. Glad to hear it is working for you!!!
  • cdiele
    cdiele Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I hate when the alarm clock goes off at 4:40am, but once I get going in the gym I am fine. I have so much more energy for the day and feel great! I have been pretty consistent with the early morning workout for about 4 years now and was never this consistent when I waited till the afternoon to work out. I would usually have a million different excuses to not work out in the afternoon. So it works for me....the only drawback with early morning workout is I am completely done with the day by 8:30pm!
  • kymkan
    Options
    I am a 5:15-5:30 person myself. Do you guys find that if you are not in bed by a certain time morning workouts can be comprised in intensity?

Maybe in the first 5 minutes or so, but then I kinda feel like I can ramp it up.
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Morning workouts rock, they make you feel good and I think it makes you more aware of what you are putting in your mouth the rest of the day.