Crazy Early Morning Workout People

Options

Replies

• Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys are awesome! Can i ask what you eat, if at all, before that morning workout???
    x

I generally have something small like a handfull of trailmix, then eat breakfast later.
  • tinabatinaflc
    Options
    welcome to the dark side! i get up at 530 to gym it...it makes the day SO much better, and gives me so much energy to get things done. not to mention i have like 5 additional hours to do things, rather than rushing around when i get up at 1030 :)

those of you who don't get up early to work out, try it and you might just love it!
  • dliz908
    dliz908 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I am not looking forward to this spring and summer. In order to have any sort of reliable workout schedule I will have to move to AM gym time starting in April. That means leaving my house by 5:15 at the latest. Wish me luck....I have my fingers crossed that I can become a Crazy Early Morning Workout Person!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I have done the 4/430 thing. Its actually pretty awesome :)
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm there at 3:30 a.m.!!! It's the best time for me. If I don't go to the gym first thing it usually doesn't happen at all.
  • fullofhope76
    Options
    I am a 4:30 person. I love that I have actually gotten used to it, I am not forcing myself out of bed..I am excited about it. I do workout at night also, but if I don't have the time or don't want to for whatever reason, I know that I got it out of the way in the morning and I feel great about it!
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    welcome to the dark side! i get up at 530 to gym it...it makes the day SO much better, and gives me so much energy to get things done. not to mention i have like 5 additional hours to do things, rather than rushing around when i get up at 1030 :)

those of you who don't get up early to work out, try it and you might just love it!

Here's a good example of what I'm talkin' about :wink:
  • rladd6421
    Options
    i usually start my workouts around 615am, but i also get out of work at 6am :smile:
  • tifalva
    tifalva Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I used to be that person. I would wake up at 5 and get my work out in while my husband was still sleeping and I could have free reign of the house. It also allowed me to COOK a healthy breakfast and enjoy it without rushing out. I miss those days. Gotta find a way to get back in to it. I really did feel AWESOME those days that I did get up and get my exercise on in the morning....
  • MarthasVineyard
    MarthasVineyard Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yay! Welcome to the "Early Show"! I'm up at 4 a.m. and at the gym by 4:50. The first few days were rough, but now if I miss a day, I feel terrible and groggy. The first time I pulled into the parking lot at 4:47 a.m., I was shocked by the large number of cars. I think many want to take advantage of the time before the morning rush of work, kids waking up and getting everyone out the door. I have 45 minutes just for me at the gym and then 30 minutes at home doing AM Yoga. It's such a treat!
  • 8Sam12
    8Sam12 Posts: 61
    Options
    Wow, some of these sound extreme. I've been meaning to do the workout I do at home in the mornings (just fairly low impact 30min cardio exercises). I normally get up around 9 am unless I have an early class, but even then I only get up at 7:30am. So I think I'll aim for around 6am tomorrow.

Would people advice a quick breakfast/cup of tea before or just go straight into the workout? Considering it's less than a meter from my bed to my workout space, I'd like to get by bearings before starting to exercise but then I like the relaxed feeling of eating after exercise when I get to relax...
  • SlvrBluGoddess
    SlvrBluGoddess Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I always thought people that get up at 4:30am to go work out were crazy....

I get up at 4:30 to exercise and I STILL think I'm crazy. lol

Welcome to the darkside - we have cookies.
  • PDiddy0913
    Options
    I'm up at 4:30 am daily and usually get a run in or workout in my basement with my DVD's. Sometimes I run AND do a DVD. It just helps me start my day off right. It's also great to get it out of the way so no matter what craziness your day might bring, your workout is done. Taking care of my temple is one of my top priorities so I treat it as such.

The only downside is that my body wants to wake up at 4:30 am on the weekends too!! HA HA! I usually "sleep in" until about 6:30 AM on weekends and then I just have to get up.
  • organsnyder
    organsnyder Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love being up in the early morning when the rest of the world (including my two-year-old son) is in bed. The trick for me is to prepare everything the night before - if my workout clothes are sitting on the radiator (nice and warm!) and my routine is planned (even something as simple as planning to ride the exercise bike for 30 minutes), it's much easier to follow through. My wife is also good at giving me a kick in the backside if I snooze too long.

I do everything at home or outside. If I belonged to a gym - even the one that's just a half-mile down the street - I'd probably find it much more difficult to get going. For me, it's all about removing obstacles, even the ones as minor as digging in the drawer for clothes.
  • Jhs1987
    Jhs1987 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You all are inspiring me to try and get my butt out of bed earlier and do morning workouts! I usually go to the gym after work during in the week, but go in the morning on the weekends. I always notice a huge difference in my energy level when I get there in the morning, but so far haven't found the motivation to wake up early enough to do it during the week. Going to try and change that soon, will let you know how it goes! :happy:
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm usually up by 5am to get ready for some quality time at the gym before work. It took a little while to get used to it, but once you adjust your bedtime so that you get enough sleep, it's not a big deal. I always feel so much better after an early morning workout!
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    2:45 every day... monday through friday and saturdays its 4 a m for me. i get up bounce out of bed, get dressed, grab a bottle of water and start right in. i feel better than ever. i have done this for almost 2 years now!!!!!
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I am an early morning person as well. Alarm goes off at 3:30 am, and I am at the gym by 4:45 am. This is MOnday thru Friday.

On Sundays, I sleep in until 6:15 before heading out for a run.
  • GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I hate it. But, do it anyway. Things that are good to do suck. That's just how life is. So, the more stuff you hate doing, the more good overall you're probably doing. Lol

Pretty much!!

I like to get in and get out before my brain realizes I'm up so early
  • StefPayne
    StefPayne Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I love early morning workouts, I get it done early and that way nothing can keep me from doing it the rest of the day and it makes me feel great all day! So the thoughts of not having to work it in, in the evenings is enough to get me up and going in the mornings:smile: