What to do with too many bananas?

Options
Hi,

Due to social events in my hall at uni i have ended up with loads of bananas. I like bananas but not the biggest fan so i need some recipes to use them in? i have tried banana pancakes, which were good but does anyone else have any good ideas?

Thanks

Replies

• evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Slice them up and freeze them in a tupperware container. You can then bring them out and at anytime and blend them up with a splash of milk (any milk), you then have instant low calorie ice cream! I like to add some peanut butter to mine, makes the ice cream really creamy.

:flowerforyou:
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    banana bread or muffins :)
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I freeze them and add them to my smoothies...Usually 1.5 scoop of protein to 100 grams of banana and some of the almond/coconut milk. PB makes frequent appearances:)
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    make banana chips in the oven bake @ 350 for 20 minutes
  • gekcsk
    gekcsk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I make a banana strawberry smoothie. Yum and low cals. 1/2 cup strawberries (frozen or fresh) 1/2 banana, about a cup of ice, and 1/2 to 1 can of diet 7 up. I blend mine on the smoothie setting on my blender. It is so yummy. :drinker: I normally double the recipe so that I can use the whole banana, when I do that I use the whole can of diet 7 up, but I do not up the ice much. Then I drink part of it in the afternoon and the rest later ..when ever I feel lik it. Enjoy.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Banana Bread!
  • juliehorbus
    juliehorbus Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Freeze them and them make ice cream with them. 1 frozen banana, 1tbs peanut butter, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 2 tsp of cinnamon. Blend together and eat straight away! Enjoy! delicious healthy ice cream.
  • KJoy7
    KJoy7 Posts: 246
    Options
    Donate them to a shelter :) or hand them out around the quad :)

Pass on the love
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I cut extra bananas into quarters and put them in the freezer to blend up in protein shakes. Makes it so creamy!
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Freeze them and them make ice cream with them. 1 frozen banana, 1tbs peanut butter, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 2 tsp of cinnamon. Blend together and eat straight away! Enjoy! delicious healthy ice cream.

This sounds yummy, thanks!
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    Ever see Beverly Hills Cop? Hours of fun!
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I'd make two loaves of banana bread and freeze whatever was left.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I agree with the icecream - comes out with an amazing soft-whip texture that tastes like it is full of calories. I either just have it plain or add in a big spoon of cocoa powder for a rich chocolate flavour.

I always have freezer bags full of chopped up bananas just for this.
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    You can freeze them. Peel, wrap in foil and freeze. Then just simply eat them like a popsicle. They get creamy-like when they are frozen and soooo good. You can even dip them in a little chocolate to make them extra special before you freeze them. :flowerforyou:
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I cut extra bananas into quarters and put them in the freezer to blend up in protein shakes. Makes it so creamy!

I was going to say this for some....

And then find a protein banana bread muffing recipe. You can also freeze those in plastic bags. Take one out and toss in a microwave for 20 seconds to defrost/warm-up.