What to do with too many bananas?

Options

Replies

• gallingers06
    gallingers06 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    take a couple of bananas, blend until smooth, add 1 & 1/2 cups oats blend. Add any fun ingredients you would like to give a little flavor. I add a tsp agave nectar for a little sweet, chopped dates, flax seed, almonds, dried cranberries or cherries. The banana, oats and agave nectar are just the platform. Feel free to add what you like to them. Spoon drop onto greased cookie sheet (pam spray)Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees. Makes about 12 cookies :smile:
  • agoofynut
    agoofynut Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Like others said, banana ice cream. I did 1 frozen banana (cut into slices before freezing), 2 tsp nutella and 1 tbsp peanut butter.
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have a Yonana machine and the kids prefer that to ice cream. You can do almost the same thing in a blender but you'll probably have to add some milk or other liquid to get it to blend.
  • dkoroschetz
    dkoroschetz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I slice them, put a little reduced fat creamy peanut butter on them and a little squirt of fat free chocolate syrup and then freeze on a tray. Once frozen I place them in a container. Then I pull one out when I want a little sweet snack!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    they make fun social sexual events.
  • violinkeri
    Options
    I definitely agree with freezing them! A suggestion...if you wait to peel and freeze them until the peels are browning, they are sweeter. but i learned the hard way to peel them BEFORE you freeze them...
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Banana Curry
    http://australian.food.com/recipe/banana-curry-vegetarian-136234

freezing is great but do use within 1 month after that they are a bit ... ooo... um.... turd like!
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Yum! Bump!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    How is it possible to have too many bananas? o.O

Yes, we have no Bananas!
    Because they're eaten all up!
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Bump for later! Banana's are my fave!
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Anyway, like I was sayin', banana's is the fruit of the land. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, banana-kabobs, banana creole, banana gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple banana, lemon banana, coconut banana, pepper banana, banana soup, banana stew, banana salad, banana and potatoes, banana burger, banana sandwich. That- that's about it.
    :wink:
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with this recipe lately. Best when your bananas are getting quite ripe. And you can bake it ahead of time and just heat up a serving in the morning.
    http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Baked-Oatmeal-365069
  • dietingdanni
    Options
    Thanks so much to everyone. I cut and frozen half of them this morning ready for smoothies and ice cream, funny how I forgot you can freeze fruit. For the rest of them I can't wait to try some of the receipes, particularly the oat and banana cookies and muffins.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Due to social events in my hall at uni i have ended up with loads of bananas.
    The mind boggles!
  • theWinchester
    theWinchester Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Slice them up and freeze them in a tupperware container. You can then bring them out and at anytime and blend them up with a splash of milk (any milk), you then have instant low calorie ice cream! I like to add some peanut butter to mine, makes the ice cream really creamy.

:flowerforyou:

oh and add chocolate powder/syrup and get chocolate ice cream. Frozen bananas are also great for smoothies.
    Make sure you freeze them before they ripen any more the longer they sit out the stronger the banana flavour.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Eat them and throw the skins onto a pavement in a busy pedestrian thoroughfare, video the results and upload to YouTube for your 15 seconds of fame before the next 'big thing' comes along to satisfy those with the attention span of gnats.

Or just do the smoothie thang.
  • kosuski
    kosuski Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    *bump* Some great ideas--I've done the ice cream thing before--but never thought to add anything in.
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    healthy banana bread - wheat flour, applesauce instead of oil, raisins and walnuts :)
  • moonmistmm
    moonmistmm Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Bump-a-roo!
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    freeze them and make pb and banana icecream

make 2 ingredient cookies (banana, oatmeal)

use them in smoothies

make frozen banana peanut butter wheels

so many things!