Modest Midwesterners....show yourselves!

Options

Replies

• arnfolly
    arnfolly Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    High five for us Michiganders! Land of the handy lakes! :) LOL get it........uh......HANDY.......lakes. Oh boy, better not quit my day job will never make it as a comedian!
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    Let's have a good definition of the Midwest United States then.

Wikipedia has a good bit on info on it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwestern_United_States.

"The region consists of 12 states in the north-central and north-eastern United States: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin."

lol Nice job quoting Wikipedia. I'm an original source type---I checked a good old fashioned map :) I still say if you're within a few hours of the ocean, you're not Midwestern.
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    What, no Rockford peoples?
    79Kdy.jpg
    ^^^shirt from The Rockford Art Deli, which is awesome: http://www.rockfordartdeli.com/ ^^^

How about Rockford, Michigan?

:drinker:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I've seen threads calling for Brits, Canadians, New Jersians (??), Californians, et al.........
    Now it's time for the lovely....the modest.....the extremely good-looking......the under-rated Midwesterners to shine!
    Where are you????

I'm definitely not modest, but I'm from the Midwest. *shrugs*
  • baroqueviolin
    Options
    Michigan <3
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Wisconsin! Illinois largest state park! LOL I have family in and from Illinois.
  • jenguhl
    Options
    Indiana girl here!
  • dschipman
    dschipman Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Omaha, Ne here :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Let's have a good definition of the Midwest United States then.

Wikipedia has a good bit on info on it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwestern_United_States.

"The region consists of 12 states in the north-central and north-eastern United States: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin."

lol Nice job quoting Wikipedia. I'm an original source type---I checked a good old fashioned map :) I still say if you're within a few hours of the ocean, you're not Midwestern.

:huh:

None of those states are close to the ocean. I must have missed something.
  • dolphinswimmer15
    Options
    Born and raised within a 5 mile radius of Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, NE. Transplanted temporarily to Las Vegas, NV. Still consider myself Nebraskan, as that is my state of residency, and I'm a taxpaying-voting member.
  • rocky7741
    Options
    Michigan Baby!!!
  • bberriezz
    Options
    also in the mitten here! and always looking for new pals with similar goals!
  • Dexidah
    Dexidah Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Can we please quit bickering about what is and is not "The Midwest." ?

Here's what the U.S Census Bureau has to say:

"The Midwestern United States as defined by the United States Census Bureau, is one of the four U.S. geographic regions.[1] The area is referred to as the Midwest throughout the United States.
    The region consists of 12 states in the north-central and north-eastern United States: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin."

Edit: Just realized someone already posted this. lol But they didn't say that it's defined not by wikipedia, but by the actual U.S Census Bureau... so maybe that will clear some things up.
  • SheedahSmile14
    SheedahSmile14 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ohio! Any Ohioians out here!
  • Dani76babi
    Dani76babi Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Kansas City area, Missouri right here!! Whoop whoop :D

"Ladies and the fellas know, we Reppin' KC MO!"
  • kmaped
    kmaped Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello from MI
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    <~~ CHICAGO GIRL
  • UtahWalker
    UtahWalker Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Salt Lake City, UT
  • psych0kitty
    Options
    STL, Misery

BTW arguing peoples, Midwest is a state of mind.
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Minneapolis here! =)