What's the best Calories burned and HRM watch/band?

Options
2»

Replies

• bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    What's the best calories burned and heart rate monitor watch/band? and Where to buy it? I need one asap! I was looking into the Nike Fuel band, but it doesn't have the hrm it only tracks you r calories burned, which can also be good. I don'yt know how to work a heart rate monitor, but i plan to learn. I want to have all of my gear to really get this weight loss going. :-)

I'm a techie so I use the Wahoo BlueHR. It's a bluetooth HRM that connects to my iPhone (droid too). It is a chest strap though, not a watch.

I'd definitely suggest getting a HRM. I was totally off on my calorie burns before i got mine. OH and the Nike Fuel band (which i love) i use to keep track on how active i've been for the day....and it's a cool watch! haha!

Good Luck!
  • Tmoney19
    Tmoney19 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Can someone please tell me the difference between the Polar FT4 and FT7? I tried finding the answer, but they seem the same to me....
  • pichiPurinsesu
    pichiPurinsesu Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    POLAR FlowLink, Easy to use data transfer between the wrist unit and polarpersonaltrainer.com. It is plugged to the PC with a USB connection. -ft7

ft4 doesn't have this function :)
  • Tmoney19
    Options
    Thanks much!!
  • pichiPurinsesu
    pichiPurinsesu Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    no problem :) if that's not a function you need then the FT4 does everything the FT7 does (to my knowledge)
  • klmason1
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7. It does exactly what I need. It calculates you average and maximum heart rates as well as the your calories burned. It also stores your workout for you, so you can go back and see how you've done over the course of 99 days. It also allows you to do weekly summaries, which I found helped me with tracking.. I recommend it to all my friends.
  • Tmoney19
    Options
    Perfect, thanks!!
  • Tmoney19
    Options
    About to make my purchase :happy: Thanks so much all!!
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    i have a polar FT4. A couple of the instructors at my gym have the same kind and say that Polar is the way to go.
  • FightTheFrump
    FightTheFrump Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    DO NOT buy the Polar FT4. Mine would fluctuate wildly and then died after one year. And the battery is a pain to change.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I use the Garmin Forerunner 110, cheapest of the similar models used for exercise, running and cycling.

It can track your runs and cycling trails on a map for you and give you details on speed, etc. As well as tracking pretty accurately calories burned. I love it, am so happy I was given it as a gift (was going to buy until my awesome father did it for me)!
  • francescainwonderland
    Options
    I've heard the Basis one is supposed to be amazing, but it's on the pricier side.
  • FightTheFrump
    FightTheFrump Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I use the Garmin Forerunner 110, cheapest of the similar models used for exercise, running and cycling.

It can track your runs and cycling trails on a map for you and give you details on speed, etc. As well as tracking pretty accurately calories burned. I love it, am so happy I was given it as a gift (was going to buy until my awesome father did it for me)!

I have no comment other than pure admiration for the Domo Kun usage. :)
  • Tmoney19
    Options
    DO NOT buy the Polar FT4. Mine would fluctuate wildly and then died after one year. And the battery is a pain to change.

Haha ok note taken.
  • Sooo what did you decide on!?

The other difference between the polar ft 4 and 7 is that the 7 shows you whether you were burning fat or increasing fitness (based on cardiovascular performance).