Looking for a half marathon buddy

Options
2»

Replies

• EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I've signed up for my 1st half marathon on 24th March, I've only done 2 proper runs. By all means add me
  • TheRealMarqui
    TheRealMarqui Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I signed up to run a half in May and am currently working my way through the C25K program. Please add me!
  • mair123
    mair123 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    So inspiring to see so many people training for their first 1/2 marathon. I hope to join you all in early May. I am going back and forth between 2 races- the NJ 1/2 Marathon and the Brooklyn 1/2 Marathon. I am also deciding between which training plan to use. I am looking at Hal Higdon's Novice 1 or Novice 2 and just continue to track my runs with mapmyrun or start using Runkeeper and their beginner's 1/2 marathon plan.

I started with C25K last February and then moved on to the 10K plan. It took me awhile to build up to the 6 miles, having to repeat weeks over since I was training in the summer, but now I try and jog that every other day.

Good luck to everyone!!!
  • jfish428
    jfish428 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Me too!!
    I am training for the Nike Womens Half in DC-April 28th.
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Running my first half marathon on February 24 at Disney World :)
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I've got my first at the end of February, always love new friends.
  • sheepiegail
    sheepiegail Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    please add me as a friend. I am starting training for my first 1/2 in April. Never done anything longer than 10 so crossing my fingers I am up for the task. Is anyone out there training solo or did you sign up for a training group. One is starting in my area at the end of the month and not sure if it really worth the money or better to tackle this on my own.
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I'm currently training for a full marathon in May (my first!!) and as part of that training, I'll be running my 4th half in April :-)
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I am doing my second Half on Jan 20th and as soon as the races open for registration, I will be signing up for one in May and Sept. I use Hal Higdon.

Feel free to add me. :smile:

And anyone else that would care to add me, please do. Always love new friends.
  • soniadelgada
    soniadelgada Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my 2nd official half marathon next month, Rock n Roll Pasadena. Did my first last September. I still consider myself a novice. I learn something new everyday and I'm using a different training plan for this half marathon. My goal fir my first half was to finish standing...and I did! lol! Now I want to beat my time. I've lost 8 lbs since and have already improved my pace.

Also running a virtual (non-official) Sandy Hook Elementary Memorial Half Marathon this month, I'm splitting it in two as I don't want to mess with my training plan.

And I'll be running my first mountain trail run in March, so I've registered for the 10K to check things out.

My goal is to do at least one race each month, and give triathlon's a shot in 2014. Who knew I could do this in my 40's!!

Add me if you'd like! :happy:
  • soniadelgada
    soniadelgada Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    BTW, I signed up for a half marathon last year to shed some stubborn weight gained by hypothyroid med changes. I thought if I had a half marathon coming up, I HAD to run, which meant I would lose the weight. NOT!! I gained weight and became increasingly worried. Reached my highest weight (aside from pregnancy). Finally discovered I have Hashimoto's disease, which of course, leads to hypothyroid. But treating the Hashimoto's with a gluten free diet to eliminate symptoms, took 5 lbs off in one week. They've remained off!! I've taken a few more off with continued gluten free diet, running and counting calories. Oh the science of the body!! :noway:
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have run 7 half marathons and multiple 5 & 10 K's. I am currently registered for Carlsbad Half on January 27, Women's Half (San Diego) on February 24, San Diego Half on March 10, and Hooley's to Hooley's Half on March 17....I may be dead in April...lol. I will be 45 next week and have only been running since 2010, with some injury timeouts last year. So, if I can do it, anyone can!! Good for all of you who are getting into it...you WILL get addicted, but it is good!! Enjoy it!!
  • tjmist
    tjmist Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for my first half marathon! I'm doing the brooklyn half marathon May 18th using the hal higdon training program! Best of luck to everyone!
  • mair123
    mair123 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You are one of the lucky registrants for the Brooklyn 1/2?? Congratulations and good luck to you! I wanted to do the Brooklyn 1/2 with several veteran running friends, but I was too anxious about having to wait for registration. My friends kept saying that even though I signed up for the Long Branch 1/2 they were going to register me for Brooklyn which is 2 weeks later. By the time they went to register me, the race was sold out!!! I don't know if I could have handled 2 races in such a short time period anyway. Have a great time!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I was a runner in my younger years but can't do much distance anymore with worn knees. My wife just completed her first 1/2 M this weekend. She is 42! It is always time to start and get training.

Just giving you support! Cheers.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I'm running my second one March 9! :) best of luck to you.
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request.

My first half is March 16th - Canyonlands Half Marathon in Moab, Utah!
  • tjmist
    tjmist Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Registration opened at 12:00 p.m. and I think I was registered by 12:01 hahaha I couldn't get into the NYC half because it filled up so fast so this time around i was expecting and ready for the race to sell out. Good luck with your race!