Come on you ninnies. Share your Food Log!

Options

Replies

• Ottinger13
    Ottinger13 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Mine is public. I appreciate anyone looking and giving opinions
  • leaderzzz
    leaderzzz Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I love looking at other people's diet plans as it sometimes nice to find other recipes than my own. My own is open for all to see. I don't have an opinion to people who don't wish to share that's their decision and I respect their wishes!
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    mine is open, i think just to my friends. if they want to go look more power to them. i dont close my day out. mostly because i forget.
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Mines public, but I eat what every I want. Sometimes it's a healthy day, and sometimes not so much lol
  • kjohnson754
    kjohnson754 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just opened mine to Friends. I don't have many on here so eh....LOL.
  • kjohnson754
    Options
    I understand some of you saying that you don't want your feelings hurt and the like but you have to look at it from TWO sides. Yes, they could call you all kinds of names and act stupid (at that point you delete the losers especially if they don't know you) HOWEVER, they can also encourage you. They might say, "Hey, thanks for sharing, I should try to do what you did." You never know. I say, I'll open mine until I have a reason to close it. If they wanna act a fool, they can do it at their own risk.
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I understand some of you saying that you don't want your feelings hurt and the like but you have to look at it from TWO sides. Yes, they could call you all kinds of names and act stupid (at that point you delete the losers especially if they don't know you) HOWEVER, they can also encourage you. They might say, "Hey, thanks for sharing, I should try to do what you did." You never know. I say, I'll open mine until I have a reason to close it. If they wanna act a fool, they can do it at their own risk.

Mine was open. People gave me reason to close it. There are definitely good people, but when I'm trying not to obsess about food, it only takes a few comments to start a spiral. Just because some people are able be open and do well, doesn't mean we all are. I certainly think you should have an open dairy if it's good for you. It's not for me.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Mine is open and an easy read. Ntohing shocking really. Though, a few people did notice the buffalo chicken pizza for breakfast yeasterday. Weird.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Mine is open and an easy read. Ntohing shocking really. Though, a few people did notice the buffalo chicken pizza for breakfast yeasterday. Weird.

Buffalo chicken pizza is definitely not weird. :bigsmile:
  • newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to the public and no one ever berates me or makes comments on my diary. It is pretty boring though! Pretty much the same thing everyday. I change it up at dinner and that is based on what I buy at the grocery store over the weekend. I had mine private at one time and it actually caused me to stop logging b/c well, who was going to know?? Everyone needs different levels of support. To each his own. Mine is open - feel free to take a look. You won't want to hang around long though.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

I've seen it from both sides. My food log was open for a long time without any snarky comments. It's not about getting my feelings hurt or whatever condescending way you want to phrase it. I developed food-related anxiety that literally had me in tears at restaurants. I started to see food, social gatherings, and my friends as the enemy. My therapist wanted me to quit my diet entirely unless we could find a compromise. The food diary stays private.

Public journaling just does not have the same effect on all people.
  • mollysmomma81709
    mollysmomma81709 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I wish more people had it public too. I'm pretty sure mine is. I'm not even worried about it helping me be more accountable for what i'm eating. I'm always needing new ideas of low calorie foods I can add to my diet.
  • sarah11918
    sarah11918 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Like another poster mentioned, mine is public because I'm following one of those "how can that possibly work?" eating plans. Since it's increasing in popularity, but not quite mainstream yet, an example of seeing it in practice might help someone. Plus, I know when I first started MFP, I appreciated seeing some logs . . . not to judge other people, but to see who is eating like me and get some ideas, and maybe find new friends eating the same way.

I didn't even know one *could* comment on another's food log! And people seriously write nasty things there? I guess it's the internet, so I should have expected that, but I had no idea.
  • kjohnson754
    Options

I've seen it from both sides. My food log was open for a long time without any snarky comments. It's not about getting my feelings hurt or whatever condescending way you want to phrase it. I developed food-related anxiety that literally had me in tears at restaurants. I started to see food, social gatherings, and my friends as the enemy. My therapist wanted me to quit my diet entirely unless we could find a compromise. The food diary stays private.

Public journaling just does not have the same effect on all people.

Interesting that you saw my post as condescending. I now clearly see why you keep your journal private.
  • ASecretBobby
    ASecretBobby Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I agree add me to see mine. I wanna see yours to learn
    (Side note - you are not really a ninny, but I got your attention!)

Update your settings to show friends your food log. Studies show people who do this have a better chance at eating healthier and losing more weight because their friends hold them accountable.

It's science. :glasses:

Well maybe not, but it helps me and I want it to help you too!
  • Beautifulsoull
    Options
    Mine is public, not the best sometimes but I still lose and stay within calories.
  • misschiplash
    Options
    Mine is open to the public. Happy for any adds from people who would like to give feedback!! :-)

:flowerforyou:
  • stefanij07
    stefanij07 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just so everyone knows, my post wasn't meant to offend. You have to do what works for you. I noticed that I stuck to eating healthier when my friends could see what I ate, but also, I enjoyed seeing what my friends were eating too. I never degrade or make nasty comments (that's not what friends are for). It gave me good tips and ideas, and opened the door to help others, if they asked for it.

I think all of you are jeffin' great and wish the best of luck to you, whatever you decide to do! :wink:

Side note - for those of you who thought I actually ranted about a legitimate study, it was just my humor. Just wanted to share what was working for me.
  • librah1075
    Options
    I love this idea... I'm new to this app..so this gives me great menu ideas!
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    Mine is open but I usually log my food by ingrediants so my freinds sometimes question what I ate.... simple to figure out today though :)