Why do my coworkers sabotage my weight loss journey?

Options

Replies

• stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

But that's such a terrible waste of delicious Girl Scout cookies!! D: the least you could do is give it to a homeless person or something...

you think homeless person would want cookies as a meal?? why that is sooooo generous....

you have to be joking me.:noway: :noway: :sick:

Uhhh, one would assume that given the choice between tasty, tasty cookies and death by starvation, most would choose option 1.

"Help us out mate, I've not eaten in four days"
    "All I have is this box of thin mints, but you can have them. I shouldn't be eating them anyway."
    "WHAT? What are you trying to do to me, make me FAT and give me diabetes. *kitten*."
  • med2017
    med2017 Posts: 192 Member
    Options

But that's such a terrible waste of delicious Girl Scout cookies!! D: the least you could do is give it to a homeless person or something...

you think homeless person would want cookies as a meal?? why that is sooooo generous....

Uhhh, one would assume that given the choice between tasty, tasty cookies and death by starvation, most would choose option 1.

"All I have is this box of thin mints, but you can have them. I shouldn't be eating them anyway."
    "WHAT? What are you trying to do to me, make me FAT and give me diabetes. *kitten*."

do you know how much nutritional value they have? you might as well throw them out. im sorry but i dont think homless people should be treated as second class citizens, and if you were starving and didnt have anything to eat you for sure wouldn't accept some junk food from a snob because they dont have enough balls to give you a real meal, my friend. :flowerforyou:
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

do you know how much nutritional value they have? you might as well throw them out. im sorry but i dont think homless people should be treated as second class citizens, and if you were starving and didnt have anything to eat you for sure wouldn't accept some junk food from a snob because they dont have enough balls to give you a real meal, my friend. :flowerforyou:

I think she's serious...but I can't be sure.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Poe? (I feel like I'm having a Sheldon Cooper moment.)
  • ajourney2beme
    ajourney2beme Posts: 181 Member
    Options

I can't tell either. I've seen enough zombie movies to realize if I was hungry enough, dog food is probably good too. I'd like the choice of cookies first though.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Because the whole world is conspiring to make you fat.
  • rousehouse
    rousehouse Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Sabatoge are everywhere - whether intentional or not- it's up to ourselves what we put into our mouths!

Agreed. I throw food in the garbage when this happens. I hate to waste it but I'd hate "waisting it" more. ;-)
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I was a Brownie...

:wink:
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

Er, I really wasn't intending to start up something serious. Apparently "homeless" has become too big of a buzz word... how, exactly, is giving a homeless person a box of cookies treating them like a "second class citizen"? If I gave the box to a stranger on the street it wouldn't feel any different, and as previously mentioned, pretty sure a starving person would rather take junk food rather than no food. My heart goes out to those who have to survive on the streets, but I'm not rich enough to buy them all decent meals. I would, however, gladly give away food that had been given to me that I didn't want, rather than throw it away to take up more space in a landfill. I don't think that makes me a horrible person.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    TL:DR

??

Too Long: Didn't Read
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    My television keeps sabatoging my diet. It keeps showing me pics of fat kids laughing and having fun. And I know they've eaten something delicious because they're so darn fat and happy.
  • Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    Options

Er, I really wasn't intending to start up something serious. Apparently "homeless" has become too big of a buzz word... how, exactly, is giving a homeless person a box of cookies treating them like a "second class citizen"? If I gave the box to a stranger on the street it wouldn't feel any different, and as previously mentioned, pretty sure a starving person would rather take junk food rather than no food. My heart goes out to those who have to survive on the streets, but I'm not rich enough to buy them all decent meals. I would, however, gladly give away food that had been given to me that I didn't want, rather than throw it away to take up more space in a landfill. I don't think that makes me a horrible person.

Time to get off the soap box and join the rest of us in reality.
    As someone that has worked with homeless people, they are happy for anything they can get that is not gross or trash. At least the poster wanted to give them to someone in need. Giving someone charity does not make them 2nd class citizens.
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    My workmates are the opposite - we have buffets at work all the time and incentives for targets which means prize draws sometimes every hour and I am always winning a box of chocolates - its the standing joke - everyone else on the team wins bottles of wine and I always get the chocolates.

but it's always someones birthday and there is always cake and goodies - people get guilty when they eat that in front of me and they will kind of hide sweeties behind their back and say "I was only having one" like I am the food police or something, it's hilarious, but it's only because everyone knows that there is a 99% chance that I will pass on the cakes and they are taking their own approach to weight loss which isn't as gung-ho as me lol. If I win the chocolates then I will want to do a swap for something else or will pass the chocolates around the whole team - they are soon gone lol.

bottom line your co-workers can only "sabotage your weightloss journey" if you let them - in which case it's your choice to eat what you eat or say no if you don't want to, I just know I don't work my *kitten* off at the gym to eat a pile of sugary crap.
  • med2017
    Options

i never said you were a horrible person and i don't think you are:smile::flowerforyou: , its just that i see homeless people eating out of the dumpsters at the dorms because students waste their food, they get their hands on everything they can unfinished food, including veggies and mandarines and other junk.
    i just imagined the whole scenario in a bad way.... plus i think there would be plenty of other people that would love to accept the cookies...before the thought of homeless thats at least what i thought and why i commented about it, the first and original comment by the other person i thought was shallow.

i have nothing against you and your comments :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I was a Brownie...

:wink:

nom nom nom
  • med2017
    Options

Time to get off the soap box and join the rest of us in reality.
    As someone that has worked with homeless people, they are happy for anything they can get that is not gross or trash. At least the poster wanted to give them to someone in need. Giving someone charity does not make them 2nd class citizens.

i will refrain from commenting to this, because you clearly misread this whole thing...
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    use the cookies to burn calories instead with these simple steps and it will most likely prevent future sabotage at the same time! :)

1. pick up box off desk with a big smile and make sure to say thank you!!
    2. throw box on ground as hard as you can. (I always try to see how many times I can make it bounce)
    3. jump on box with both feet repeatedly, seeing how high you can get off the ground until the box and contents are mutilated into a thin layer of cookie dust and shredded cardboard.
    4. look at the person that gave you the cookies and say "I was really short on time today and wasn't sure how I was going to fit a workout in, thank you for the opportunity to burn some extra calories to help me on my diet, I really appreciate it!!" :happy:
  • mari213
    mari213 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You should have resold the box of cookies and made a profit! :laugh:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

Nope. You're evil. Sorry. :indifferent: Your arrogance makes me cry.:sad:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    [Time to get off the soap box and join the rest of us in reality.

i will refrain from commenting to this, because you clearly misread this whole thing...

But... You didn't refrain. You commented...:huh: