Why do my coworkers sabotage my weight loss journey?

Options

Replies

• BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    that's rude, and yes some people would rather you stay bigger than them to make them feel better, i'm dealing with that at my new job now, at my old job i was the boss and all of my guys ate pretty healthy and knew to take any unhealthy food out of my office!!! -Stay strong!!! you can do it!!! :wink:
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    My mind went t the gutter when I read the comment on eating brownies :blushing:

You're not the only one. :devil:

It was meant to. It's an old joke.

Why do you always spoil everything? No sense of humor whatsoever.
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    one word!

Insecurity
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I had a co-worker do the same.....but brought me two boxes. I opened the box and put put the in the break room. I then took a walk around the blook and went back to my desk. **Poof** The cookies are GONE, and not inside me. Good luck, my friend. Be STRONG!
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    Dudes, I got the cookies. And ate 4. And will eat 4 more tomoroww, and so forth, until they are gone.I appreciate all of the advice and support on my journey. And please don't stop believing that I am not a troll.....
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    It's like stoners. When you suddenly say you're gonna quit smoking or cut back, they ALL flip their lid. It's because if YOU have these habits, then they don't have to evaluate their own. If you make changes, then they are all the more weak for not making the ones they might need to in their life.

OR she just likes you and wanted to help her daughter sell cookies and legitimately thought you would like a box of your favorites.

Believe me, I did... I ate the whole box in two days. Damn good. Still lost a four pounds! :)
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    My mind went t the gutter when I read the comment on eating brownies :blushing:

You're not the only one. :devil:

It was meant to. It's an old joke.

Why do you always spoil everything? No sense of humor whatsoever.

You know me. I have to be serious about everything all the time. Can't help it. I'm like glum from the old Gulliver's Travels cartoons.
  • CAlley1985
    CAlley1985 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Please keep this in mind, weight loss and improvements fitness have been directly associated with success in other areas of your life to include your work place. Its possible they see you as a threat and just want to keep you down.
  • kbeckley11
    kbeckley11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options

But that's such a terrible waste of delicious Girl Scout cookies!! D: the least you could do is give it to a homeless person or something...

you think homeless person would want cookies as a meal?? why that is sooooo generous....

you have to be joking me.:noway: :noway: :sick:

Uhhh, one would assume that given the choice between tasty, tasty cookies and death by starvation, most would choose option 1.

"Help us out mate, I've not eaten in four days"
    "All I have is this box of thin mints, but you can have them. I shouldn't be eating them anyway."
    "WHAT? What are you trying to do to me, make me FAT and give me diabetes. *kitten*."

My husband and his friend were leaving a pizza place, and a homeless guy asks them if they have any money he can have to buy some food. They say they don't have any money, but my husband's friend offers his left over pizza. The homeless guy asks "What kind is it?" Really?
  • djfriedman81
    Options
    I would rent a van and drive around to playgrounds asking kids if they wanted your cookies.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    use the cookies to burn calories instead with these simple steps and it will most likely prevent future sabotage at the same time! :)

1. pick up box off desk with a big smile and make sure to say thank you!!
    2. throw box on ground as hard as you can. (I always try to see how many times I can make it bounce)
    3. jump on box with both feet repeatedly, seeing how high you can get off the ground until the box and contents are mutilated into a thin layer of cookie dust and shredded cardboard.
    4. look at the person that gave you the cookies and say "I was really short on time today and wasn't sure how I was going to fit a workout in, thank you for the opportunity to burn some extra calories to help me on my diet, I really appreciate it!!" :happy:

3a. Point and say, "we're goin downtown!!!" then kick it across the office as hard as possible.
    downtown.jpg
  • johnsbarrow
    johnsbarrow Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Mine didn't - but it has now : ) Thanks ! :laugh:
  • johnsbarrow
    johnsbarrow Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I hope you like prison food - because that's what you'd be eating for 24 hours in UK :wink:
  • amerlich
    amerlich Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My boss does that all the time. She will encourage me to eat all the sweets and then some. Its frusterating but i've been learning to say thanks but no thanks. Its really hard but you will feel really good about yourself if you say no!
  • reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Take it to your local grocery store and put it in the food bank donations bin. Voila!
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Wow. Most likely, your coworkers are not trying to sabotage you by offering you a treat. They are just trying to be nice.

Sometimes, it's hard for us to remember that the rest of the world is not on our diets. We expect everyone to just fall into our own routines and expectations, but they just won't.

So, what we have to do is simply exercize some self-control. Say No Thank you. If they insist, simply pass it on or toss it when they are not looking.

And that's all there really is to it.
  • s07civic
    s07civic Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    If I were you I'd put them on some random coworker's desk after he/she left for the day. You won't have to eat the cookies and the coworker will get a nice surprise in the morning.

OR, you could give them to a homeless person! That's what I did after I bought girlscout cookies downtown and then realized I couldn't stop eating them. I had a few then gave the rest to a homeless person in need. Or, as someone else mentioned, a food bank! If you can make it there without eating them on the way....
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I would, however, gladly give away food that had been given to me that I didn't want, rather than throw it away to take up more space in a landfill.
    Nothing organic ever takes up space in a landfill. If the birds or rodents or bugs there don't eat it, the microbes will.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I would, however, gladly give away food that had been given to me that I didn't want, rather than throw it away to take up more space in a landfill.
    Nothing organic ever takes up space in a landfill. If the birds or rodents or bugs there don't eat it, the microbes will.

There's plastic in those Girl Scout cookie boxes :P Some of the kinds of cookies, like the Samoas, have the little plastic tray. Others just have the plastic sleeves. And still, it takes quite a bit of time for cardboard to decay, so it will take up space for a while. It's not like stuff desiccates and decays immediately :P
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I don't think she was deliberately being mean. She just thought she was doing something nice for you. Give the box away, or give it back to her and explain that you don't feel you have enough self control to keep it.