INSANITY WORKOUT starting feb. 17 , 2013!!

Options

Replies

• Derpinaaa
    Derpinaaa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity with my roommate yesterday.
    We busted through the first 4 tests before she felt like feinting and I nearly puked. So we took an extra long break and made it through the last four. Turns out, we think, we just over-exerted ourselves on the first tests.
    Today was a lot better. I took a lot of breaks and cut a few corners (but who doesn't?) and made it through the whole video.
    It definitely had me sweating buckets!
    Day 3 tomorrow afternoon!
  • heatmack
    Options
    Hi! I started Insanity yesterday Feb 18, I don't have a heart rate monitor at the moment, but I was wondering you would track your calories burned on MFP?

Hi! If you look I believe on the second page of this topic a lady posted a link to a site with an idea of how much you burn based on your weight :)

Thank you!!
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity with my roommate yesterday.
    We busted through the first 4 tests before she felt like feinting and I nearly puked. So we took an extra long break and made it through the last four. Turns out, we think, we just over-exerted ourselves on the first tests.
    Today was a lot better. I took a lot of breaks and cut a few corners (but who doesn't?) and made it through the whole video.
    It definitely had me sweating buckets!
    Day 3 tomorrow afternoon!

Good for you guys! Ya the fit test was my eye opener to set my own pace lol. Just
    Do what you can , you may be able to keep up with them at the end who knows lol! Good luck just keep pressing play!
  • Doing_me
    Doing_me Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Just started with the Fit Test yesterday! Jeeze that ish is hard! I am hoping to see results soon to keep me motivated!

Feel free to add me :)
  • brownie0424
    brownie0424 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    So I did my fit test this morning because my dvds were supposed to be available for pick up at the post office but they went out for delivery.

My stats
    Switch Kicks- 90
    Power Jacks- 39
    Power Knees- 88
    Power Jumps -26
    Globe Jumps-10
    Suicide Jumps- 11
    Push up jacks- 11 (which is awesome seeing as before p90x I couldn't even do a push up)
    Low plank oblique- 30
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started Insanity yesterday Feb 18, I don't have a heart rate monitor at the moment, but I was wondering you would track your calories burned on MFP?

Hi! If you look I believe on the second page of this topic a lady posted a link to a site with an idea of how much you burn based on your weight :)

While that is a decent site you really should get a HRM to be accurate because it really depends on how hard you push yourself when you do the workout. Depending on how tired I was/how hard I went/how into it I was my calorie burn varied each time I did the same workout.
  • MeganDominique
    Options

While that is a decent site you really should get a HRM to be accurate because it really depends on how hard you push yourself when you do the workout. Depending on how tired I was/how hard I went/how into it I was my calorie burn varied each time I did the same workout.
    Yes this exactly unfortunately I'm on reading week and all we have back home here is Walmart ... There hrm's break within ten minutes of me owning one so this will have to suffice till a) my paycheck comes in and b) I'm not in my hometown but back in a city lol
  • MeganDominique
    Options
    So I did my fit test this morning because my dvds were supposed to be available for pick up at the post office but they went out for delivery.

My stats
    Switch Kicks- 90
    Power Jacks- 39
    Power Knees- 88
    Power Jumps -26
    Globe Jumps-10
    Suicide Jumps- 11
    Push up jacks- 11 (which is awesome seeing as before p90x I couldn't even do a push up)
    Low plank oblique- 30

Good for you girl! Keep at it you can only improve :) good luck Tomo... I recommend having two bottles of water 1 was not enough for me during pylo.
  • ludoles
    Options
    I always check out this website before starting a new fitness program - www.topfitnesssites.com - My personal favourite is p90x because it's hard enough that you know your getting results but not so hard that you give up after a few days
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

Yes this exactly unfortunately I'm on reading week and all we have back home here is Walmart ... There hrm's break within ten minutes of me owning one so this will have to suffice till a) my paycheck comes in and b) I'm not in my hometown but back in a city lol

I got a real simple HRM. It's a Timex brand and works well. I got it off of Amazon.

I'm not saying NOT to use that site just be aware that you might be overestimating the burn. I put in my information on some of the exercises and compared it to what my HRM said and the site OVER estimated between 50-100 calories which is a lot.
  • AprilN86
    Options
    Good for you! It is a tough one, but you can do it, if you can push your *kitten* off and make it past like 10 days, then you are set, the first week is the hardest. I actually just did the first month, i stopped at day 35 and swapped to p90x because i wanted a little more muscle work to give me some definition, i am kind of doing a hybrid of the 2. 30 days of each and swapping back and forth, i dont want to get tired of each or hit a plateau. So far so good :) Also i just got a heart rate monitor 2 days ago and when i do cardio, it turns out im burning a lot more calories than i thought, so i highly recomend one if you dont already have it. Good luck!!!

Me- 121 lbs, 5 ft 2. 26 yrs old.
  • lafilleavectoi
    lafilleavectoi Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I started on Sunday, Feb.17. It's been great so far! Kicking my butt.

My stats
    Switch Kicks- 73
    Power Jacks- 47
    Power Knees- 68
    Power Jumps -40
    Globe Jumps-10
    Suicide Jumps- 10
    Push up jacks- 13
    Low plank oblique- 32
  • cairee
    cairee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It arrived in the mail today! so I will be starting on Sunday the 24th with the fit test! only 3 more days of being lazy then its time to get my butt kicked into shape, I cant wait!
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I started this last Monday.
    I lost about 90 pounds 4 years ago and just took off another 25/30 lbs after two more babies (I have 5 kids and my last one was born July4. 2011)
    At my highest weight I was 270ish. Right now I'm around 160-165 and I am 5'8''. I really like to get to around 135-140.
    I need lots of motivation! I have 5 kids all under 8 years old, a lazy husband, and a third shift job.. oh yeah and I take full time online courses too!
    The first day of actual workout was tough for me, yesterday was a the cardio circuit... some of the things I couldn't do. I just did what I could or subbed them for something else. Today will be my cardio recovery. I need it. The bottoms of my feet hurt SO bad. I am scared to go to sleep after work in fear I wont be able to move!! I hope it'll be worth it though!

Also, what kind of heart monitor do you guys have?
  • MeganDominique
    Options
    I started this last Monday.
    I lost about 90 pounds 4 years ago and just took off another 25/30 lbs after two more babies (I have 5 kids and my last one was born July4. 2011)
    At my highest weight I was 270ish. Right now I'm around 160-165 and I am 5'8''. I really like to get to around 135-140.
    I need lots of motivation! I have 5 kids all under 8 years old, a lazy husband, and a third shift job.. oh yeah and I take full time online courses too!
    The first day of actual workout was tough for me, yesterday was a the cardio circuit... some of the things I couldn't do. I just did what I could or subbed them for something else. Today will be my cardio recovery. I need it. The bottoms of my feet hurt SO bad. I am scared to go to sleep after work in fear I wont be able to move!! I hope it'll be worth it though!

Also, what kind of heart monitor do you guys have?

You my friend need some better shoes for insanity! Your feet will not get anymore! I have yet to get a hrm ( small towns have nothing ) ill let you know tho. You sounds super busy! But I believe anyone can fit it in an hour workout is 1% of a 24 hour day! You can do it !!! Stay motivated
  • MeganDominique
    Options
    It arrived in the mail today! so I will be starting on Sunday the 24th with the fit test! only 3 more days of being lazy then its time to get my butt kicked into shape, I cant wait!

Keep us posted!
  • MeganDominique
    Options
    I started on Sunday, Feb.17. It's been great so far! Kicking my butt.

My stats
    Switch Kicks- 73
    Power Jacks- 47
    Power Knees- 68
    Power Jumps -40
    Globe Jumps-10
    Suicide Jumps- 10
    Push up jacks- 13
    Low plank oblique- 32

That's a great start! Stick to it ! You can do it!
  • squashyhelen
    squashyhelen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You guys - do not do pure cardio within 1.5 hours after eating. I definitely had some close calls.

On the bright side - insanity caused me to gain 3 pounds, then lose 4+. Within a 9 day time span. I usually have to die in order to average 0.7lbs per week. My abs seem to already look tighter. Maybe that last part is just wishful thinking though.
  • MeganDominique
    Options
    You guys - do not do pure cardio within 1.5 hours after eating. I definitely had some close calls.

On the bright side - insanity caused me to gain 3 pounds, then lose 4+. Within a 9 day time span. I usually have to die in order to average 0.7lbs per week. My abs seem to already look tighter. Maybe that last part is just wishful thinking though.

Lol! I did pure cardio this morning and was very thankful I hadn't eaten yet ! I've already lost 2 lbs apparently :)!
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I am already inside of week two, Cardio Recovery done tonight.

Best of luck to you, now.