Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Nope.

Weight loss = happiness.
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    no prob, its very true :) and everything will be just fine, remember no more worries! :)<3
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Nah. I hate my belly jiggle and I'm like, "run, *****" and I'm like "no, I wanna sleep" then I'm like "OKAY STAY FAT THEN" and then I'm like "fine" and then whoa, skinny. True story.
  • willieswenson
    Options
    It can work if you're happy or not, but usually if you're not, you lose the weight, and you are just a skinnier, angrier person, ha! I had put un realistic expectations on myself, thinking that others had put them on me, and ended up binge eating, binge exercising, eating way too few calories etc....thinking that it would lead me to be happy. Well, I'm in a much better place, and it seems as though I'm shredding way better than before. It's easier, enjoyable, and instead of guilt guiding me, it's pleasure. You know that old story about the wind vs. the sun trying to get the jacket off of the dude sitting in the park? The wind tries with force and fails but the sun warms it right off of him. I think it is completely equivalent. Gotta LOVE dat fat away, hahaha, but real talk, works for me, agree with you 100%
    That's what's happening to me now! i feel so pressured and I binge eat, binge exercise, and eat too little, ect. I feel so much better. I just get really bad anxiety thinking I might not lose weight even if I tried really hard. I'm scared of the failure. The anxiety gets really bad, that's where all the binge eating comes from. I love the analogy. Thank you! :)

That was the same for me...I have very bad anxiety, and always doubted myself about if what I was doing was working or not. I was afraid of stalling, not making progress, etc and would never just stick to a sound routine. When I finally just went for it, it worked for me, after I took the pressure off of my self. I always said I wanna be X pounds by a certain date or when I weigh X amount this girl will like me or this dude will respect me etc and the fear of failure destroyed me. They'll be some bumps along the way, but keep doing what you have found to work. Don't second guess yourself. You got this. :) Just remember you're doing it for you.
  • Rho_Ro
    Rho_Ro Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have a tendency to get depressed depending on what is happening around me. I am on medication.

A couple of times I have had my best weight loss when I've been depressed. It's like it's the one thing I can control and when I do get good results I feel a gr8 surge of achievement which helps lift my mood.

I'm in a new job, been there one mth, and haven't worked for 3 years. I have been struggling with various emotions - people are in clicky groups and have only started really talking to me today; my boss sez I need to go faster and my supervisor implies that I'm taking the easy way out when replenishing the shelves. I feel stressed by these circumstances. And I haven't logged my food iin a couple of weeks or more and my lunch of choice at the moment is a Magnum Icecream.

So, yes I am unhappy at the moment and I am struggling getting back on track, but then in the past I have been very, very unhappy and have used my future eating plan as a tool to pull myself up, so I'm not sure wot the answer to ur question is - it's an interesting one......

Good luck. YOU CAN DO IT.
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    It depends on how you process food and emotions. When I'm stressed, I often forget to eat, and I lose weight. When I'm happy, I tend to be more laissez-faire about my diet since I'm not too pressed to change. Right now my life is pretty stressful, and my diet and workout are the only things I can really control, so...yeah, weight loss is coming along.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Being kind to myself allowed me the room to not give up when I had a bad day. Elsewise the cycle of self-hate would have continued and I'd long since have given up in frustration and resentment. Being too rigid makes it too easy to fall off.
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I think happiness encourages things like motivation and optimism. When depressed, I don't want to do anything and I feel like nothing is worth it anyway. So, for me, yes, I lose weight much better without that cloud hanging over me.

Physiologically, stress hormones can also play a role in fat storage. From an evolutionary standpoint, it's beneficial to pack on some fat in stressful times. For us now, when most of us on this site have all the food we could ever need and are just worried about day to day things, it doesn't benefit us to gain when stressed.
  • bryanf101
    Options
    Yup!! If you come under overweight category.

Weight Loss gives you more freedom to move your body. You feel link you have extra stamina to go extra mile.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Happiness usually lends itself to a general positive attitude. That in turn helps keep one looking at small accomplishments and keeps a person optimistic in achieving goals. Attitude is everything in my opinion.

That said, even the most negative person can lose weight. It is just simple math. What matters is the will an interest, as well as the consistency in doing it. Having a positive attitude, or being happy gives you a edge.
    That is true! Do you have a way that kept you motivated to lose weight?

I *TRY* to remain posititve, but like any normal person there are so many outside stressors and so much negative noise around, it is difficult at times. Even in the worst though I try to remind myself that whatever is trying to bring me down is temporary and my internal outlook and happiness is my choice. I continually try to choose to be positive and happy.

I've posted this a bunch of times, but this is central to the way I try to live:

ATTITUDE
    by: Charles Swindoll

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.

Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes.