What's the single most effective change you've made?

Options

Replies

• Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Being more consistent with workouts. Also eating out less than before.
  • bobbie1965
    bobbie1965 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    tracking my food... makes me think twice befor i put it in my mouth!! lol
  • 10kaday
    10kaday Posts: 177
    Options
    My revelation: If you eat healthy 90 to 100% of the time, you don't really need to count calories. Nobody gained excessive weight by eating to much broccoli. lol. Although I still count because --ironically-- I don't eat enough otherwise!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Weighing bits, or counting stuff, instead of just sticking it in my mouth

Also me not eating 4 bowls of cereal a day, or munching late at night!!
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    Keeping snacks in my bookbag/purse! Man did this do wonders for me. I am a college student that is on campus a majority of the day and keeping a Clif bar, a small bag of almonds or a banana really made a world of difference. I would get so hungry and wouldn't have to try and find something remotely healthy on campus to eat.
  • relentless_hope
    relentless_hope Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Meal Planning on Sunday for the entire week.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Moving over to TDDE minus 20% method. Having my exercise included in activity level is so much easier now for me.
    Also I have 2 kids and am up at 6-630am every morning, so I get the baby a bottle, give the 2 yr old some porridge oats then get my workouts in. Usually the 2 yr old watches tv for an hour then when Im done we'll play. So Im making my self workout soon as I wake up then eat breakfast about 9-10am
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Pre-logging, once I had truly become much more aware of how many calories were in the usual things I eat.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    picking the exercise i thought to be the hardest,most pointless and most punishing.

I am due to run my first Marathon in May. Everybody can do easy stuff.
  • tsimmons5918
    tsimmons5918 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Avoiding the impulse to grab food while I am out (i.e fastfood, workplace cafeteria, vending machine, ect..) I eat what I cook at home and pack & take it with me when I am on the go.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Digital scale and working out.
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    My revelation: If you eat healthy 90 to 100% of the time, you don't really need to count calories. Nobody gained excessive weight by eating to much broccoli. lol.

Yeah, I allow myself unlimited snacks of low-calories veggies (that would exclude the starchy ones such as potatoes and vnavy beans, which I still watch).

The biggest change for me was 5:2 fasting, which I developed on my own. I learned ot ignore mild hunger paings, or snack on veggies, and those good habits carried over into the other 5 days.
  • kdroppo
    kdroppo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Weighing and measuring my food intake. It makes me accountable and honest with myself everyday
  • tsimmons5918
    tsimmons5918 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats on your weight-loss and I agree working out makes all the difference.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Portion control and exercise.
  • Eyesblu
    Options
    cutting out the junk food( cakes, chocolates, pepridgefarm cookies..)yum... and replacing it with clean food.
  • cannonfury2006
    cannonfury2006 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Not drinking cokes..helped get rid of empty calories plus my heart doesn't palpitate anymore..unless I eat too much or run...
  • OfficerMcFly
    Options
    Switched from Sodas and Sweetened Tea to low/no calorie beverages (Vitamin Water Zero, Water, Unsweetened Tea, and Lipton's Tea and Honey drink mixes)
  • raiea
    raiea Posts: 1
    Options
    Finding a personal trainer who used to be overweight but is now fit and healthy. She can sypathise and offer advise for something she actually went through and it gives me a clear goal to aim for "5 more squats and I'll be closer to looking like her" or "would Donna eat this?":tongue:
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Portion control