Options
2»

Replies

• Sirli_79
    Options
    You are welcome to add me...:smile:
  • Purple5150
    Options
    Seems you have found a good support group already, but if you want to add one more? I am new on here. Just getting started. Don't even have a pic attached yet. (coming soon, lol)
  • TheSwoleMinister_deleted
    Options
    Wow, I love all the great support and positive attitudes! I always have room for friends here, and I'm pretty much logging in daily so please let me know if anyone needs support/motivation/tips at all :bigsmile:
  • daveymac1
    daveymac1 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Add me as well. I am a fat *kitten* looking to lose
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    can always use more guy friends feel free to add
  • palesa4me
    Options
    Hello. Like you I registered a while back, and only now started actually using MFP. I'll be your friend :smile:
  • jebfab2612
    Options
    good luck! add me if you would like!
  • christypaxson
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Always looking for fellow supporters!
  • donnakirk1
    donnakirk1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Up beat and ready to lose ( pounds that is)..Add away.
  • TheSwoleMinister_deleted
    Options
    Feel free to add me to, all of you. :)

I'm 35, fighting (& currently losing) my family genetics towards being overweight/obese. I've been overweight since high school, and it's just gotten worse as the years have gone by.

I'm currently the heaviest I've ever been (149 lbs), and on my 5'2" frame, that's 15-20 pounds too many.

Just signed up with MFP, and am looking forward to it (& my newly purchased elliptical machine) to helping me get down to a healthy weight.

Happy you are here! Just remember that the extra lbs didn't get there overnight, so be patient as you track your results and:bigsmile: exercise. With time you will see some AMAZING RESULTS :bigsmile:

Hang in there and make sure to log often :wink:
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am also a runner who bloomed late in life. I checked a 5K and a 10K off my list last summer and worked myself up to 10-12 miles on my long run days and 5-6 miles on my shorter days. I want to run a half marathon this summer. I am waiting for spring to start training again.

I also was going to go for a half this year but I keep running into knee issues on runs longer that 5 miles. I think I need to do a bit more strength training in my legs this year and focus on running the longer distances after that.

I was going to start training and doing some 5Ks this year and learn HOW to be a runner, but I'm also held up with a knee injury (they THINK I tore my meniscus). Currently working on PT to get it feeling better, but I totally get having to do strength training on the legs! It hurts, but it's worth it :-). Sent a friend request to you (and to others here as well)! :-) Anyone else can feel free to add as well!
  • whitleynoel
    whitleynoel Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I will help if I can.
  • Chris5138
    Options
    Always looking for new friends on here to stay motivated. Anyone can add me
  • impccrazy60
    Options
    Yes I need friends too. I am from va, and you
  • MSUMom21
    Options
    Hi there! We've been here about the same amount of time...I love MFP! I love the motivation and support from fellow users! I sent you a friend request...anyone else, please feel free to add me...we can use all the support we can get!