Anyone else down to their last 10 pounds?

Options

Replies

• MNTom
    MNTom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had 7 pounds to go in October, but then I've been screwing up all winter and I've gained four. Now, I have 11 to go! :frown: I'm getting encouraged reading these posts, so today is a new day. I'm going for it again. Wish me luck (and fortitude)!
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    9 lbs to go and I'll hit what I weighed the day I graduated from high school, Ya know when I thought i was fat.
  • Kosepose
    Kosepose Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm going to start adding you guys :) Yeah, it's super slow, right?! Started out at 1500 kcal, no workouts. Dropped 10 pounds easy.
    Now I have been stuck on this weight for about two years.

Trying to go 1200 kcal a day (more on the workout days, six days a week). Two spinning classes a week, and four strenght sessions with my PT. All of them are 1 hr. We are mostly doing big muscle groups, not really building muscles, so I shouldn't really be gaining much.

Have only been doing it for about a month, scale has not moved. Doing a spinning marathon tomorrow!

Good luck guys! It's gonna be a long ride
  • ChasingAmyLiz
    ChasingAmyLiz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    7-8 lbs to my first goal then another 5 for ultimate.

Finding this to be INCREDIBLY HARD. Wish it just dropped off like the first 10 lbs did. Sheesh.

Totally up for new friends who are in the same boat. Feel free to add me, anyone!
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I lost 50lbs over 1.5 years. I still have my last 10lbs and some major toning to do to reach my utltimate goal. I know I am going to need to work my butt off. My body is clinging to this weight. I look good and feel good, but I want to be great ! Why is it so hard to lose 10lbs? I am starting my own personal 60 day challenge as of Monday.... will be re-dedicating myself to exercise....and really watch everything I eat. I want to be as healthy as I can be !
  • tanyaslosingit
    tanyaslosingit Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm mounting the assault on the last ten and Man! They are stubborn! I hit a mini-plateau for about two months and had reconciled my self to thinking that maybe that's where my weight-loss campaign was going to stop. But now by body seems to be coming out of hibernation mode (conserving calories for fat = warmth.) With even just a little more exercise than I've been able to do in the deep winter and eating a little less (eliminating yet another processed food item from my diet), I've lost three pounds this past week! I've got seven more to go!

Sending a friend request! :-)
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Me too! it is so frustrating. I lose 2 and gain 2. My scale autonatically uploads my weight and I can't stop weighing myself daily. Every morning I am compelled to get oin the damn scale.
    MFP only posts losses so it looks like I am losing a lot and my frineds keep congratulating me but I AM NOT WORTHY!!!!

I know I need to either up my fitness or accept the weight I am at.
  • Emmabulliemum
    Emmabulliemum Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    me too gained 2 lbs today which took me back up to 10lbs to go sent yo a request. although I am 100lbs down overall so really should'nt moan and according to my aerobics instructor your body can settle at a weight, she suggested upping protien intake and cutting carbs which does make sense.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Yes, 3 stubborn pounds to go! It's all mental for me though. For some reason I think since I'm so close I can "relax" a little. Um...no? It's really quite the opposite! We got this!
  • millzy64
    millzy64 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. It does slow down though, doesn't it? I'm down to my last 6 lbs now. I reached my initial goal a few weeks ago and decided to go for another 10.

I did hit a wall a while ago and found that with the change in my BMI and my increase in exercise, I actually wasn't eating nearly enough. It wasn't until I increased my calories by 400 that the weight started coming off again.

Here's what worked for me. First, you need to know what your body fat % really is. I purchased a set of inexpensive calipers on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/AccuMeasure-MyoTape-AM-3000-Fitness-Personal/dp/B002VAPHXW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361542694&sr=8-1&keywords=body+fat+caliper

Then I calculated my BMR to find out what I should actually be eating every day.

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

The number I got was much different than the one suggested by MFP. The bottom line is it worked. There are a bunch of other helpful calculators on the fat2fit page also. It's definitely worth checking it out.

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/
  • Kosepose
    Kosepose Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks Millzy!
    I really do want to know my fat percentage. Maybe 10 pounds is overdoing it, we'll see :p

Adding you too! :D
  • Emmabulliemum
    Emmabulliemum Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    just be careful dropping to 1200 everyone I have spoken too which incudes doctors and personal trainer say 1500 should be the minimum cal intake. short term 1200 is ok but not long term
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I have 9 more to go..............and it's going painfully slow. I'm down a total of 34 since I started this journey and these last 10 are going to take me as long as the first 34 :cry: :cry: .

However, I just keep holding on to the fact that I FEEL GREAT!!!!! The weight will come off. I am trying not to focus on the scale, but about mainitaing the healthy lifestyle that I've created.
  • kklotay
    kklotay Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to loose the last 8-10 lbs. I go down a couple of pounds then bounce back to 146. I am eating 1200 net calories and working out. (on my second month of Insanity) I don't know what else to do.
  • millzy64
    millzy64 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That could be true also. There is a point where it's not about weight loss anymore. It becomes more about losing fat and gaining muscle mass. The scale won't necessarily move anywhere but your body will sure start to look different.

Just make sure you are eating enough.
  • jharb2
    jharb2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am down to losing about 1lb a month now. Very slow. But its not a race and I'll get there eventually. Only so much you can controle w/ diet and excercise, the rest is up to this body.
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I've been fighting with the last 10 lbs since October 2012... :flowerforyou:
  • Dawn793
    Dawn793 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm down to my last 7lbs but just dropped my goal down 5 more pounds so now I'm losing my last 12lbs! As I get closer to my orginal goal I decided I wanted to lose more. I might even go for more after these 12lbs are gone if I don't feel skinney enough!
  • kaypat09
    kaypat09 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Down to my last 6! Might lower my goal once I get there though...

17892839.png
  • runningbs
    runningbs Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    1 left!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: