How many pound did you lose before you noticed?

Options

Replies

• wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I've only lost about 5 pounds (this time, hah) and I can't see it at all, but I can feel it in certain areas. The bulges are just ever so slightly less... bulgy. But to look at it? Nothing has changed.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Lost 20 pounds before I realized the weight/inches changes when I put a pair of jeans on that were in the bottom of my drawer.. be patient its a journey not a race and when you have those NSV be proud of those as well :)
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    i'm 5'1 used to weigh 127 and when i got to 102 everyone Really started to notice..
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    For me 10 pounds.
    I was able to wear comfortably pants and even tops.
    I have been working out for four months now and I can see my sides slimming down and oh yeah, my lower ab (belly) is smaller and today I noticed that its flattening out!!! YEAH!!!

So I'd say it depends on the person, how dedicated you are to working out and staying focused.
  • ladybuggprincess99
    ladybuggprincess99 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Honestly, 35 lbs before I could see it -- thinner fingers, collarbones more defined -- didn't drop a single size until I lost 40 lbs... then it was super quick after that. But maybe I'm just weird. I had a lot to lose, maybe that's why.

Im the same. I'm at 40 lost (with 100 left to go) and I don't see anything.
  • rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm at 23lb lost since July, and 17 of those since October. I can see it in my face, and my ring is getting looser. I've had two people since I've hit the 20 pound mark mention it.
  • Sofitin2013
    Options
    I've lost almost 31lb and honestly I really just noticed that I am looking much better yesterday :)
  • vkw1
    vkw1 Posts: 88
    Options
    I am confused as dont know pounds, we work in kgs here( Australia).I have recently lost 3kg , in 2 weeks and have not really noticed it yet.I am almost the same weight now as I was when I stopped going to the gym last july so happy with that.There must be somewhere on this site to convert to kg but I havent found it!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I notice in really small, random ways, and I feel my weight loss more than I see it in the mirror. All of these around the 30lb lost mark, I think.

I can feel my jawline more when I wash my face. My shoes fit better. Jackets and coats being easier to zip and button up. Seeing my back muscles emerge under a melting layer of fat.

But the most obvious thing would be my stomach getting smaller, since I lost a lot of my weight from that area pretty quickly. Hoping legs and hips are next, please :grumble:
  • dragoness_leclerq
    Options
    About 30lbs give or take and that was only because I was going back looking at old Facebook pics and noticing my new pics my double chin was almost nonexistent. Honestly I'm at nearly 63lbs down and sometimes I still don't see much of a difference except when I'm naked and look at the definition in my waist which NEVER existed before.

The real difference is in my clothes. Clothes that were once way too tight are now way too big. I have this cute black skirt I've had since I was in my teens (I'm 22 now) that was ALWAYS too small. First only slightly but at my highest weight I couldn't even pull it over my thighs. I tried it on the other day and it hangs off me like a loose blanket. None of my old clothes fit so I've been relegated to wearing yoga pants and too large dresses with cinch belts for the time being. I have coats and sweaters I couldn't zip before (like this adorable leather jacket) I bought back in 2011 that I couldn't zip. Now I'm freaking swimming in it.

I notice most of my loss in my waist/hips and a bit in my thighs. I just wish my arms were smaller. I'm told they are much smaller but to me they seem as huge as ever. Oh well, progress is progress I guess.
  • LibertyBelle89
    Options
    this is me exactly! Im 5 foot 3, and my heaviest was 156 (started dieting at 154 tho) and im down 11 lbs in 6 1/2 wks and now am at 143.. I too cant tell a difference yet and didnt take my first front, side and rear view "before" pics til last night, but Im hoping in 30 days when I take my next pic I'll be able to tell a difference.. fingers crossed! Good Luck & keep it up, we will eventually get there!!!
  • LibertyBelle89
    Options
    also, I wear scrubs 5 days and week and havent let myself try on any clothes that used to be tight on me..... im gonna wait about 5-10 more lbs to try them on :)
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I would probably say around 25 pounds, but I have lost more total inches than weight itself. Which in my opinion counts more to me. Keep up the good work, and you will start seeing results!
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I am about 80 lbs overweight to begin with, I lost a good 20 before I noticed a change. Now I'm pregnant so... bleh, that's not fun after starting to look a little better lol
  • KristineW78
    KristineW78 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    10 pounds (started weight loss/healthy living journey before I found MFP - I notice an all over tone. Like my body isn't all rolled, there is chest, waist, hips definition...
    I also used a "skinny pack" and greens tho and lost my inches (3 in the belly with skinny pack + 2 wraps/greens)..
    My belly is still needing some work but I am gettin' there and I hit the gym for that, too!
  • malcolmalanlane
    Options
    I've lost over 80lb since September ... and I still don't notice it myself!!!
  • cbusenbark
    Options
    I am bigger guy but it was close to 30 pounds for me before I started feeling it. It won't be long for you...
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on your starting point. I started out about 50 pounds overweight, and I started to notice a change once I had lost about 20-25 pounds. I still have around 20-30 pounds I'd like to lose, but I'm at least comfortable with my weight now. I think you'll start to notice once you hit your halfway, or near halfway, point. Good luck to you!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    At fifteen pounds, I can get all my fat jeans off without unbuttoning them, but I must have skipped a size on the way up, because none of the older jeans are comfortable yet.
  • Lconsla
    Lconsla Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I started mfp at 205 and i lost about 15 pounds when people started really commenting on it, but I had only gone down one pants size. Since then i've lost another 12 pounds and 2 pants sizes and I get comments from everyone on how much I've lost. Everyone is different, but make sure you take measurements, that's the real test, so much more than the weight on the scale.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!