What's the single most effective change you've made?

Options

Replies

• emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    CONSISTENCY!!!!!!!
    Making sure I'm spot on with my diet and working out at the same time. :/
  • ArmandoG28
    ArmandoG28 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    6-1......................6 clean days 1 do anything you want homeboy cause you got 6 boring *kitten* days coming so you better make it good vato !
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    excercising on a regular basis and portion control, definently cutting out high calorie sodas for me. I used to love a big red soda or regular coca cola. Now drinking Coke Zeros and Mio Waters and Coffee and has made a huge difference.
  • candy423
    candy423 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Eating less! I went from over 2000 calories a day to under 1400 a day.
  • Lbwatts
    Options
    6 meals a day, boosts your metabolism like crazy!!!
  • Getyourshineon
    Options
    Logging every morsel that goes into my mouth! It makes me so much more aware of what I'm doing, which keeps me under calories most days. I hate making poor decisions and then having to see it in black and white and on the scale too. Never realized the true importance of a food diary!
  • GodzillaR35
    GodzillaR35 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Realizing if nothing changes then nothing changes.
  • brookeiva90
    brookeiva90 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Cutting out ALL soda I was drinking WAYYYYYYY too much then switched to diet and was still drinking too much so i replaced it with water now with the exception of coffee in the morning and milk with breakfast I only drink water! Huge improvement!
  • RachNRoll
    RachNRoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Even though I don't see significative changes in the scale, the whole "eat clean, drink lots of water and exercise" have really done wonders to my body. My hair look gorgeous, stronger and shiny, I've been feeling less tired (and my caffeine addiction has decreased without me even noticing).

I don't eat rice or pasta regularly as before, instead I've spent some time learning new recipes and techniques on how to cook vegetables so they taste damn delicious. I prepare my breakfast at home and take it to work, so I just have breakfast when my stomach wakes up (around 10 a.m.)

The whole exercise is also great so when I go to sleep I'm really tired and sleep like a baby!
  • sdleischner
    sdleischner Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Taking out alcohol!
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Water! Living in Mississippi, it's all about the sweet tea; so once I started to drink nothing but water, a lot of weight came off really quick.
  • BadAzzBea
    Options
    EXERCISE.. This make everything else fall into place. Check this out.. you can actually eat and be satisfied and still lose weight. Exercise is MAGIC.
  • SuZQz173
    Options
    Committed to buying fresh fruit--washing it, drying it, cutting, storing in fridge or freezer immediately, so IT IS READY for smoothies or for eating, as soon as I need it.

Having enough freezer bags at hand, to put the fruit in, and squeeze air out of bags to keep the fruit air-tight fresh frozen.

Before I'd let fruits sit in fridge. Seemed like too much work to prepare when hungry, so fruits got moldy and trashed.

Now, with fruits at-the-ready, I eat the fruits or have them in smoothies. I log how I feel, what fruit combos worked, so I know what to repeat. I love that we have space for notes at MFP.

No wasting the money I've spent on fruits and on being healthy. It FEELS great!

I drink way more water now. With a carafe, so no hesitation about being too lazy to go get some water. I swear, the more water I drink, the more easily I lose weight! Maybe flushing sodium? Noticing, when I don't drink enough water, I gain.When in ER for an emergency, so many women in there dehydrated! Made note to self: drink lots of water!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    reducing sugar intake....
  • Joanitude
    Joanitude Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    If I had to pick just one...logging everything every day.

The second best is not dieting or exercising - just making sure it balances out for the day. I am over time changing the way I eat, and I don't have to worry about "cheating" or "slacking" that I see plague some friends. A whole lot less guilt and other negative self-talk that way.
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Eating more, upping my protein, and exercising more.
  • jenniferswooten
    jenniferswooten Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    For me, it was cutting out the Diet Coke and drinking water. Making that change really helped my weight loss as well as my general well being.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Eating all day long instead of skipping meals like I used to
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Tracking my food - hands down.
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Working out in the morning. Even though I hate getting up early, I have far fewer excuses not to do it.