Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Epsom salt and baking soda detox??

Has anyone done a Epsom salt and baking soda bath for detox purposes? If so did you notice any beneficial differences? ..does it help?

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    No.

There is nothing to detox from your body provided you have functioning organs.

Epson salt in a bath is great for muscles though.. and baking soda can soften the skin, used as a teeth whitener, a canker sore fix, and a scrub... but neither will detox your body.
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    No.

There is nothing to detox from your body provided you have functioning organs.

Epson salt in a bath is great for muscles though.. and baking soda can soften the skin, used as a teeth whitener, a canker sore fix, and a scrub... but neither will detox your body.

This. The entire concept of a detox is just odd. Your body is a pretty well designed machine and does not require flushing it with chemicals or borderline toxic herbs to "cleanse" it.
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    This is a great thing to put in a bath. It detoxifies impurities in your skin and may help immune function, or it could help you lose water weight. Personally, I just really liked floating in it - it was very soothing. It will dehydrate you though, so drink lots of water.

Somehow I just don't think downing a glass of salt water is going to be good for you in any way.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    GrumpyNo_zps177922dd.jpg
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    NO.

Also, I really want this to show up in my feed.
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    This is a great thing to put in a bath. It detoxifies impurities in your skin and may help immune function, or it could help you lose water weight. Personally, I just really liked floating in it - it was very soothing. It will dehydrate you though, so drink lots of water.

Somehow I just don't think downing a glass of salt water is going to be good for you in any way.
    How can it detoxify?
    Epson salts are a great source of ionic magnesium once it dissolves. Some of the Magnesium is then absorbed through the skin, about 10% if I recall correctly. Magnesium is one mineal many people are deficient in, so this can be beneficial.

Baking soda dissociates into sodium and carbonate ions.....neither of which do most people need much more of.
  • vicrandom
    vicrandom Posts: 80 Member
    Epsom salt is not for ingestion. Bath? Go nuts.
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    th_leaking.gif

mVwvu.gif
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Just say NO

aaaaurn.th.jpg
  • No
    :noway:
  • clopez1987
    clopez1987 Posts: 54 Member
    Haha wth..
    th_leaking.gif

mVwvu.gif
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,223 Member
    Just say NO

aaaaurn.th.jpg

Just say NO x infinity.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    How about the baking soda and vinegar cleanse?

Please, no one do this. It will explode. If you are cleansing your colon, you may experience disastrous effects.
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    Epsom salt is a laxative... why would you do that to yourself?
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member

How can it detoxify?
    Epson salts are a great source of ionic magnesium once it dissolves. Some of the Magnesium is then absorbed through the skin, about 10% if I recall correctly. Magnesium is one mineal many people are deficient in, so this can be beneficial.

Baking soda dissociates into sodium and carbonate ions.....neither of which do most people need much more of.

It's... soap.
    "Detoxify" is the wrong word. It would clean your skin. In the same way that it whitens your teeth it would also clean your skin and hair.
  • clopez1987
    clopez1987 Posts: 54 Member
    A couple of these comments are alittle dramatic over a bath ,haha but thanks for the feed back,
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    A couple of these comments are alittle dramatic over a bath ,haha but thanks for the feed back,

Then maybe next time you should include the method you are using? Of course, after some of the posts I've seen in the forums, I am rarely surprised on what people will ingest in the pursuit of "detoxing."

A bath is just a bath.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    3636175155e4b049f25944518923-post.jpg
  • pamwhite712
    pamwhite712 Posts: 193 Member
    3636175155e4b049f25944518923-post.jpg

:love:
  • Kilika735
    Kilika735 Posts: 63 Member
    OMG Don't DO IT!!!! I was on a road trip with my bf this last fall and I had some epsom salt for soaking a blister. We were both constipated from the travel schedule and had read on the back of the bag that it could be used as a laxative. I figured maybe I'll take just a little... well I must have taken too much and the next day and a half was a nightmare!!! We were so uncomfortable and it was like puking out the other end. lol after a while it was like dry heaving! Not pretty!!! Don't detox it never works long term!!!