Master Cleanse - hard to start!

Options

Replies

• BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    GTFO with your constant spamming of worthless, ineffective diet scams. You've spam-bombed multiple threads with this garbage - go sell your trash to your friends (who won't stay friends when they realize you scammed them) and keep it off the MFP boards.

Note that the only people who are supportive of this sort of thing are trying to sell something!!!
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I'll be a little more blunt and direct than now_or_never13 was:

GTFO with your constant spamming of worthless, ineffective diet scams. You've spam-bombed multiple threads with this garbage - go sell your trash to your friends (who won't stay friends when they realize you scammed them) and keep it off the MFP boards.

Thank you!! You said what I wanted to!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Just eat at a reasonable deficit and exercise. There's no need for unhealthy fads. Here, read this thread by someone who did the master cleanse:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/851582-master-cleanse-aka-lemonade-diet-my-30-day-story

I was just going to post this. My suggestion: read it.
  • lizzyb83
    lizzyb83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am actually getting ready to do a cleanse in a few weeks. But it is not so much a cleanse, as 3 weeks to learn how to eat. There is absolutely no starving at all. I know I eat a lot of processed unhealthy foods. I want to use this to clean out my stomach and my mind. When we learn how our bodies work, we can eat food to encourage that everything is working at its best.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Just eat at a reasonable deficit and exercise. There's no need for unhealthy fads. Here, read this thread by someone who did the master cleanse:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/851582-master-cleanse-aka-lemonade-diet-my-30-day-story

I was just going to post this. My suggestion: read it.

^^ This. Don't bounce from overeating to under eating. Learn to eat a balanced diet and take care of yourself.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Cleanses work really well on your wallet.

^^^This! :laugh:

Just eat and do a reasonable amount of exercise each week. You'll lose weight just fine.
  • janican1
    Options
    Cleanses work really well on your wallet.
    ....lol love this!
  • rushikareddy
    rushikareddy Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I don't think the master cleanse is hard to start lol it's hard stick to it! I've lasted one day before I caved!
  • exile40
    exile40 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    No need to detox or cleanse. Your body does a great job of that on it's own.

Well said
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Lemonade and salt water? WTF?

What is it that you are trying to 'cleanse' exactly?

Just eat food.
  • rushikareddy
    rushikareddy Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Lemonade and salt water? WTF?

What is it that you are trying to 'cleanse' exactly?

Just eat food.
    I learnt the hard way! Just watch your calories and maintain a healthy diet! :)
  • EvilDollee
    EvilDollee Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I've tried the cleanse before, believing in the hype, plus I was desperate to lose weight but I did some more digging and really, why put yourself through pain and suffering when your body does the cleansing naturally? It's just starving yourself, yes, it's starving yourself no matter how many people say it isn't or how they say they don't feel hungry. It's delusional. You're just dehydrating yourself and straining your bowels with the salt wash. Oh, the headaches that comes with the cleanse are epic. I agree with everyone here just stick to your healthy eating and exercise. ;D
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I am actually getting ready to do a cleanse in a few weeks. But it is not so much a cleanse, as 3 weeks to learn how to eat. There is absolutely no starving at all. I know I eat a lot of processed unhealthy foods. I want to use this to clean out my stomach and my mind. When we learn how our bodies work, we can eat food to encourage that everything is working at its best.

Do you think something magic happens in three weeks to "learn how to eat?" I work on new recipes every day, read reputable information on nutrition, stay in my calorie levels every day. I didn't need some restrictive, unhealthy period of time to figure that out.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

You're going to have aclean stomach and mind after you've 'learnt ' how to eat for 3 weeks??

Sarcasm right?!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Could someone please remind me what toxin(s) we are removing with this? I read so much about the "detoxing" that it should be a simple question to answer...I just can't remember the name(s) of it/them.

Thanks.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I also get really tired of these "cleansing" threads. It's such a scam.

we all get sick of them.

i don't understand why so many people fall for them? but they do. somebody is getting rich out there selling this snake oil. SMH.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Could someone please remind me what toxin(s) we are removing with this? I read so much about the "detoxing" that it should be a simple question to answer...I just can't remember the name(s) of it/them.

Thanks.

duh!

dihydrogen monoxide.

obviously!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I also get really tired of these "cleansing" threads. It's such a scam.

we all get sick of them.

i don't understand why so many people fall for them? but they do. somebody is getting rich out there selling this snake oil. SMH.

I can't speak for everyone, only myself, when I say that some people fall for them because they don't know any better. Some of my friends were doing different "cleanses" and I decided to do one too since they were all saying how much weight they lost. I had a physical coming up, so I decided to ask my doctor what cleanse would be best. The lecture she gave me boiled down to "don't do it!" She said that it's not healthy at all and I can believe my friends all I want, but I won't see the results I think I'll see.

I wanted to badly to believe that it was that easy to lose weight that I didn't bother doing the proper research. I'm so happy I found MFP because I've learned so much about losing weight and getting healthy in ways that won't hurt me and that will be easy to stick with. I know I have a lot left to learn, but I do know now that there's not some magical thing out there that will get rid of my extra weight and make me fit.
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Then don't start it. Your body does not need to "cleanse". That's what you have internal organs for. Stick to your healthy eating and you will see results. Promise!

This
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Thanks.

Someone in another thread says it's sugar and fat. I always thought those were just food but what do I know.