LADIES: how much protein do you take in per day?

Options

Replies

• duke2143
    duke2143 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    sw: 216 but that was years ago!
    cw: 155
    gw 150

I eat around 130-150 g of protein per day. I find it easy to eat that amount. Eggs, lean meats, salmon, greek yogurt, almond butter, protein powder.
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    You goals sound very similar to mine (minus the protein powder). So maybe I should now concentrate on a slower burn than I was hoping...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    SW: 245
    CW: 178
    GW: I'm more aiming for a goal of 19-20% body fat, so my GW could be anywhere between 110-140lbs.
    Height: 5'1

Goal: losing fat by eating at a deficit and getting fit with cardio and heavy lifting

About my protein - in the past I've had issues getting enough protein.
    Currently I have it set to 30%, which means I need to get in about 128g. I've had issues reaching that but I'm getting better. Averagely the past couple weeks, I'm getting in about 80g+. I include Optimum Nutrition Whey Isolate Protein Powder to help me meet my macros.
    A protein goal of mine is to consistently hit an intake of 100g+
  • Michshellars
    Options
    Thanks ladies and to the original poster, this is very helpful! I've been eating much less protein and I'm going to try to step it up :smile: Hopefully this will help get me out of this plateau I've been stuck at. :happy:
  • AMS44067
    Options
    start weight: 158
    current weight: 152
    Goal weight: 148
    height: 5'6"
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    SW: 225
    CW: 200
    Height: 5' 6"
    GW: 120-130

I have set the protein macro to 20%, and I use that as a minimum. Without looking back through my diary, I'd say that I get anywhere from 75-110g of protein each day. I don't do powders or supplement bars, so that's all from food. Egg or egg substitute (EggBeaters) for breakfast, lots of turkey or lean chicken, cottage cheese, beans... turkey chili with beans is like a double whammy of protein!
  • peggy90807
    Options
    If you can figure out how to prepare tofu in a way you can tolerate there are high-protein varieties that will keep you from being hungry for hours for about 100-120 calories (plus whatever you use to prepare). A curry or masala sauce can really help the bland flavor of tofu, plus some frozen spinach sneaks veggies in.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    If you can figure out how to prepare tofu in a way you can tolerate there are high-protein varieties that will keep you from being hungry for hours for about 100-120 calories (plus whatever you use to prepare). A curry or masala sauce can really help the bland flavor of tofu, plus some frozen spinach sneaks veggies in.

I make a teriyaki and broccoli tofu (got the recipe from the biggest loser cookbook )
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    SW: 400+ pounds(Not sure exactly how much plus because I never wrote it down where my parents could see it.)
    CW: 319 pounds
    GW: 260 ish pounds

Goal: weight loss, tone up over all, strengthen the upper body, increase upper body endurance. (Sad when you can buck a 50 pound hay bale, but you can't carry it any distance.)

Protein intake: between 100 - 150 grams per day most days. Occasionally I get lucky and break 200 grams, and just as occasionally I bottom out without breaking the century mark.
    Other macros: low carbs, with high (healthy) fats. Been loosing weight consistently this way.

Cardio/endurance work every other day in the pool, strength training on the off days, and take one day every weekend completely off for house work - though it does still log as cardio.
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'1.5"
    SW: 165
    CW: 132 - 26% body fat
    GW: maybe 125ish - 20% body fat

I have been vegetarian for almost 3 years & eat anywhere fom 120-160 g of protein a day. I just finished my 2nd round of P90X and started Insanity today. Feel free to check out my diary for ideas...protein is my BFF :)
  • kristy_n0831
    kristy_n0831 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Height: 6'1"
    SW: 276.5
    CW: 268
    GW: 175

Goal is fat loss with muscle gain. I have my macros set to 40/30/30 and to lose a pound a week. My protein goal is 176g but I usually end up between 120-140.
  • smiling_sushi
    smiling_sushi Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'6"
    SW: 175
    CW: 162
    GW: 130ish

My macros are set at 40/30/30, I eat 1800-2000 calories a day, and I generally get 120-150 g of protein a day. My goal is to lose a significant amount of body fat (don't know my BF%, but it's higher than I'd like) while maintaining my lean mass. I'm currently only doing Stage 1 of NROL4W 3 days a week with a 10 minute cardio warmup for each workout. I tried endurance cardio and I hate it. I believe the next stage of NROL4W includes HIIT so that will increase my cardio somewhat.
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'8"
    SW: 255lb
    CW: 240lb
    GW: 150lb (but we'll see)

I eat anywhere from 80gm a day (bare minimum) up to 250ish. One day I hit 320 but that isn't normal for me.
    Last time I checked my past-7-days (earlier this week) I had taken in 1300gm of protein over the past 7 days, which is an average of 185 a day.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    5'6"
    SW on Jan 1: 181
    CW today: 169.5
    GW: 160

I try to get in 140g which is about 10g higher than the estimate of lean body mass I have (128-130lbs). When I was at SW, I ate 1670 cals a day with macros set at 40/30/30, I still do.. if I really kill it at the gym, I eat 100-300 extra. I lift heavy at the gym, do HIIT atleast 5x in conjunction with said lifting, 30DS at home atleast 3x a week and light walking.

If you are stuck at a plateau, try eating more calories and get those calories from protein sources (e.g. greek yogurt, hemp nuts, chicken/fish (lean), etc,.).. lift heavy, exercise as usual, eat a bit more and the weight will come off. I promise.
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'8"
    SW: 255lb
    CW: 240lb
    GW: 150lb (but we'll see)

I eat anywhere from 80gm a day (bare minimum) up to 250ish. One day I hit 320 but that isn't normal for me.
    Last time I checked my past-7-days (earlier this week) I had taken in 1300gm of protein over the past 7 days, which is an average of 185 a day.

Umm...I think you may be looking at carbs instead of protein in your diary.
  • latanya0103
    Options
    Thanx very helpful info. I've lost 51 pounds but totaly lost when it comes to how much protien to take in. I'm trying to continue to loose fat & gain muscle so thanx again!
  • cpingriff
    cpingriff Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    SW: 315lbs
    CW: 294lbs
    GW: 140lbs

I am aiming to lose in total 172lbs - I am 19 and my goal for protein on MFP is 63 grams but I think this is way to low I have recently started taking whey protein shakes once a day at least this takes my intake upto between 90 - 100. Should I be having more?? I aim to go to the gym 3 times per week if not more - I do mainly cardio as I'm looking to lose weight and tone up. any advised would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Xx
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    5'9"
    SW: ~170
    CW: 130
    GW: n/a

I aim for at least 125g/day of protein and 55 of fat, minimum. My goals are to get stronger and to lose a few more bf% points.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Length: 1.65 m
    SW: 70 kg
    CW: 56 kg
    GW: not applicable

I'm now my desired size and would like to maintain that while getting leaner and a bit more muscular. Currently I'm taking the recomposition route (eating at maintenance while lifting heavy) but may do a bulk at the end of the year. I'm consuming between 100 and 130 g of protein per day.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump