New looking for UK folk doing 5:2 diet

Options

Replies

• MummyKD
    Options
    Hi Michael,
    I live in Ashford, Kent and just bought the book by Michael Mosley about this diet. I found it in Tesco for £2.95!!! It sounds a good plan to be on for the rest of my life and I will start tomorrow (Monday)
    I am an Occupational Therapist and meet many elderly people who are not doing so well. The fact that this way of life is supposed to decrease your chances of getting strokes, heart disease, dementia and cancer I think is motivation enough for me.
    Add me to your friends please as I think the more support we have the better.
    Kathrin :-)
  • Leo_Joy_HG
    Leo_Joy_HG Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I've just stated 5:2 this week. I'd love some support!

I'm from Gloucestershire :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm in Belfast and have done 5 weeks of 5:2ing. There's at least 2 groups on here on mfp, with lots of support and ideas. There's also a really good Facebook group. Search boxes are your friend!
  • ThinAgain46
    Options
    Anyone please feel free to add me too. I've been doing the 5:2 for a few weeks. Great results when I stick to it (7lbs the first two weeks) but sadly I've fallen off of late. Trying to get focused again and perhaps expand my fairly limited fasting-day menu. There's still no way to track the 5:2 specifically on here, right?
  • KristaL17
    Options
    what is this 5:2?? :ohwell:
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    You can't change calorie goals from one day to another, no, but I find mfp invaluable just for tracking calories, and I ignore the target.
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    5:2 is where you really restrict calories 2 days a week (500 for women, 600 for men) but then eat what you like the other 5 days. Within reason!
  • chrissyc2121
    chrissyc2121 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thinking of doing the 5;2,, any tips please.. :)
    What can you eat on your 2 days ? I am also vegetarian.
    I'm in Yorkshire, friend request welcome :)
  • chrissyc2121
    chrissyc2121 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: Thinking of doing the 5;2,, any tips please.. :)
    What can you eat on your 2 days ? I am also vegetarian.
    I'm in Yorkshire, friend request welcome :)
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    You can eat anything you like, as long as its under 500 cals.

A typical day might be a boiled gag ir half a grapefruit for lunch, cuppa soup for lunch, and something heavily vegetable based for dinner.
  • VickyO1977
    VickyO1977 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi I am on hols this week but when I am at home I do the 5:2 diet happy to have you as a friend but won't be logging again until next weekend.
  • ThinAgain46
    Options
    what is this 5:2?? :ohwell:

Here's a great article on the program that aired
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19112549
  • monpettitefleur
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Just out of interest, on your feast days are you still trying to be within a low calorie goal?.....I'm starting tomorrow and aiming to have my feast days no more than 1200 cals.
    I figure I may have more sucess this way but thoughts welcome ;-)
  • monpettitefleur
    Options
    Oohh me again!!
    Does anyone have the link to the Facebook group?

Thank you!!
  • Kevinkpcc55
    Kevinkpcc55 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, been going at this now since January, ever since I modernised a section of my garage and turned it into a gym. Weight was dropping off nicely until last couple of weeks and now seemed to have stalled. my biggest problem is i think i keep letting my body go into starvation mode (too much exercise, not enough calories). Like the sound of the 5:2 diet and something to look into.
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
  • ThinAgain46
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Just out of interest, on your feast days are you still trying to be within a low calorie goal?.....I'm starting tomorrow and aiming to have my feast days no more than 1200 cals.
    I figure I may have more sucess this way but thoughts welcome ;-)

I think the idea is to eat sensibly but not restrictively. My neighbor follows Atkins on her off days. She also alternates every other day instead of just two days a week (The UpDayDownDay Diet). She's lost 30lbs. in 4 months and finds that her eating is now under control. She really struggled with self control prior to this - emotional eating and cravings. Her blood sugar and general appetite seem to now be in check. She feels great and has started exercising.
  • nomesw84
    nomesw84 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm based in the UK and just going into my 8th week of the 5:2 diet. Have also been sticking to 1900 calories the remainder of the week and so far so good, 20lbs down at this mornings weigh in! Feel free to add me as a friend :smile:
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    There is an official website for the 5:2 diet

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/