Anyone doing Jilian Michaels 30 day shred?

Options

Replies

• NatzC123
    NatzC123 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am on day 8 of level 1 and i feel so much stronger than when i fist started. definitely more flexible and not out of breath as much, only 2 days left in level one and i am onto level 2!! so far i have lost around 3 or 4 lbs and can notice a big difference in my arms and upper back fat!!
    best of luck to all doing 30DS!!
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS yesterday and was sore the entire day. Today is Day 2 and I am soo sore. I wonder if I can even make it through the workout. I barely made it through yesterday. I am not giving up. I found the floor work to be really hard. I am so out of shape I can barely do a crunch properly. Wish me luck on continuing and getting better!

I found day 2 and 3 to be the worst for soreness. I would try and do them but modify or go slower if you have to. Good luck, u can do it!
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have results pics on my profile.
    Hi everybody. I started Jilian Michaels 30 day shred on Sunday 1/27/2013 and tonight will mark my 5th workout. How long have you been doing it? Have you notice any results? As for me I notice I have shed since I start 5lbs, but due to me being on my monthly (pretty sure ladies can relate) during that period may have an effect too of the weight loss upon bloating.
  • mbar10025
    Options
    i did it in january, couldn't believe i finished! only lost 6 lbs but really i was more proud of myself for making it through than anything. :) good luck to you! once level 2 was the easiest to me, i by that point i was feeling stronger and had more stamina... but then woooooo level 3!! yikes! :) good stuff though haha
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Yes, doing it this month as well cause I loved the results from last year and in January.

Here is hopefully some inspiration for some of you just starting out

19593344_8963.jpg

I am a smoker with two children and very busy life so I know all of you can do this!! Only 20 minutes a day!
  • MoniGram71
    MoniGram71 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I started this program today. Looking forward to the results. Curious though, how is everyone entering this workout into their fitness pal diary?
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    I started this program today. Looking forward to the results. Curious though, how is everyone entering this workout into their fitness pal diary?

Curves Circuit Training

If you enter it as Circuit Training general, you will not get an accurate number. The difference between Curves Circuit Training for 171lb 22YO woman is 151 calories burned for 24 minutes - for Circuit training general, MFP says I burn 250 which is not accurate at all.

Just a heads up.. use Curves Circuit training
  • ntatbeeq
    ntatbeeq Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    today was my 1st day of level 1 and couldn't complete the session. did that for 15 mins and then gave up coz jumping jacks become so difficult with time.
    But tomorrow will be a new day and hope i could do it better than today
  • jlambert77
    jlambert77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    keep at it..they do get easier..and think of it as "only suchandsuch" amount of minutes left! :)
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    today was my 1st day of level 1 and couldn't complete the session. did that for 15 mins and then gave up coz jumping jacks become so difficult with time.
    But tomorrow will be a new day and hope i could do it better than today

Don't give up!! Take 5 second breaks if you need to, modify what you need to!! Just try to push yourself do do a bit better each day! I am on day 8 of level2. The very first day was very tough but I am amazed at how much stronger and how much more endurance I have already in just a couple of weeks!
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options

Curves Circuit Training

If you enter it as Circuit Training general, you will not get an accurate number. The difference between Curves Circuit Training for 171lb 22YO woman is 151 calories burned for 24 minutes - for Circuit training general, MFP says I burn 250 which is not accurate at all.

What is the difference between curves circuit training and normal circuit training? Apart from the calorie difference, I mean the actual difference between routines?

I have been logging Banish Fat Boost Metabolism under circuit training and am now worried that is not correct. It tells me for 45 minutes I burn 409 calories.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options

Curves Circuit Training

What is the difference between curves circuit training and normal circuit training? Apart from the calorie difference, I mean the actual difference between routines?

I have been logging Banish Fat Boost Metabolism under circuit training and am now worried that is not correct. It tells me for 45 minutes I burn 409 calories.

I really don't see any difference other than maybe during normal circuit training you would rest longer than JM lets you in 30DS. 30DS and BFBM IMO are very different, therefore I don't think what I was saying would apply. For me like I explained earlier, I had a difference of 100 calories for the same amount, very significant. It would suck to think I was burning 700 extra calories a week (therefore losing slightly more weight) and I really wasn't

I have done BFBM once before and it seemed tough in a different way than 30DS - I would stick with what Circuit training general or what you have been logging it with.. unless you find a calculator online that says its more or less. 409 for 45 minutes of BFBM sounds about right but I don't know how much you weigh, age, etc,.
  • jlambert77
    jlambert77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I finished the level 1 workout and am moving onto level 2 tomorrow...err...today, since its after midnight! :)

Keep up the good work ladies! :)
  • asizesix
    asizesix Posts: 134
    Options
    Just started 30DS tonight! Planning on doing L1 10 days in a row and then I'll see if I want to take a rest day. Really hoping that I'll get similar results to what I've seen here....my hips/thighs are a big issue for me and I'm praying they will go away even just a bit!

I'll also be going to the gym within these days to work on my C25K program.

Anyone who is actively doing this and getting fit the healthy way can add me as a friend!!!
  • KimBeron
    KimBeron Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Just started tonight, I can do this I may not be fit yet but I am on my way!
  • NatzC123
    NatzC123 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Ok so I completed Day 1 of Level 2 today and it was actually easier than what I thought it would be, I didn't find it much of a challenge. I think I will get bored of this level very quickly :noway:
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    One day of the Shred left to do today. Moving on to Ripped next with my C25K runs.
  • LisaBoehnke
    LisaBoehnke Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just finished the shred this morning...I'm so happy with my results...I lost 9.8lbs, 1/2 inch on my neck, 1 inch on each leg, 2 1/2 inches on my waist, 2 inches on my hips, 1 inch on my chest...and I feel so much better.
  • CristinaNoel
    Options
    I started last Wednesday, and I didn't do it yesterday. i'm a little disappointed in myself, but i'm committed. Tonight, will be Level 1, Day 5.
    I am, 18yrs old.
    260lbs
    Diabetic with a thyroid disease.
    If I can do it, anyone can. And i LOVE the pictures. They inspire me SO much. i just hope that one day that I missed(yesterday), doesn't completely throw off my results. Good Luck on everyone else doing this!
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    Options
    I finished yesterday too, 30 days in a row! Did day 31 today while waiting for my Ripped in 30 to come (tomorrow.) I GAINED 1.4 pounds but went from a size 6 to 4 so that's something! It really works! I couldn't do a pushup without being on my knees the day I started and now I can. Love the shred! So glad I stuck it out! I also went walking each night for 30 minutes in addition to the shred (have to or my dog will freak out, she loves walks. HAHA!)