What is the WORST food and nutrition advice....

Options

Replies

• happierandstronger
    Options
    Over the years I even a number of dieticians and have heard some ridiculous suggestions. The one I'm about to tell you left me scratching my head for a while to say the least.

I was told that if I really want schnitzel I should make it without the breadcrumb and just fry the meat on it's own. I walked out of their office flabbergasted and never set foot in there again.

It kind of defeats the purpose of calling it schnitzel if it isn't crumbed and the way I make it (from scratch .... I've never bought and will never buy the pre made) it really isn't that unhealthy for you.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    eat six small meals a day to stroke your metabolic fire = BS

or - if you do not eat six small meals a day you will go into starvation mode = this sounds like nails scraping across black board...shivering...

I don't think it really matters, I eat little meals all day. Never been overweight

??

but eating six small meals has nothing to do with increasing metabolism...
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    "In order to be elite, you have to eat clean"

QFT!
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

QFT!

says mr. elite himself. :laugh:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

QFT!

says mr. elite himself. :laugh:

dance_zpsa3ac5da6.gif
  • gfedex
    gfedex Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Definitely the do's and don't that came out when the GI index came to prominence. The "don't eat carrots!" bit sticks out in particular.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    My husband's entire family did HCG and tried to get me to go on it with them.

I admit I may have been suckered into the hype here. Now I take it because I need to, and it still doesn't help weight.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I heard a disturbing radio commercial once for a cat farm in my state. They were promoting ingesting cats for their lean meat qualities. Eww eww eww eww. I keep cats as family members, not dinner.

....not THE one I was talking about, but if you don't believe me, places like this do exist... http://www.kittybeef.com/faq.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ManBeef.com

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=17867
  • danmcgarrigle5
    Options
    Over the years I even a number of dieticians and have heard some ridiculous suggestions. The one I'm about to tell you left me scratching my head for a while to say the least.

I was told that if I really want schnitzel I should make it without the breadcrumb and just fry the meat on it's own. I walked out of their office flabbergasted and never set foot in there again.

It kind of defeats the purpose of calling it schnitzel if it isn't crumbed and the way I make it (from scratch .... I've never bought and will never buy the pre made) it really isn't that unhealthy for you.

On my second visit to my dietician, who really didn't tell me anything I I didn't know, the only thing she did that helped was getting me to log my food, and what foods to avoid for my health issues. Anyway she lost it when I told her I had been eating avocado "because of the calories" I never went back
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is bad.
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    eat six small meals a day to stroke your metabolic fire = BS

or - if you do not eat six small meals a day you will go into starvation mode = this sounds like nails scraping across black board...shivering...

I don't think it really matters, I eat little meals all day. Never been overweight

??
    but eating six small meals has nothing to do with increasing metabolism...

It may not be a metabolism thing, but I've found that eating something, especially a bit of protein, every three or four hours keeps me from being super hungry. If I wait too long between meals my body doesn't go into starvation mode, but I end up eating like a starving person.:embarassed:
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    "My sister is doing Metabolife and it's working so well. It's ALL NATURAL! She's become a sales rep..."

Yeah, Um. Un-inspected random "traditional chinese herbs," ephedra -- and enough illegal speed out of illicit overseas factories to make your heart explode? SIgn me the heck up.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Warm up coke and put ginger in it to fix a cold -.- thanks roomie...
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    eat 1200 calories. everyone else can do it, so can you.

I couldn't do it. I tried on and off for a year. yep, all of 2012 I was trying. it just wasn't for me, I was so hungry, so angry and would binge like crazy. I have been eating around 1800 a day, sometimes more, sometimes less. And the weight has been falling off.

I am not bashing 1200. but man was it a terrible thing for ME to read, it took a year to shake it and get it out of my head that if I couldn't do it at 1200 then I was a failure.
  • never124get
    Options
    Drinking a shot of cider vinegar daily will "melt" fat.

YUCK YUCK YUCK YUCK! :noway:
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    What is the WORST food and nutrition advice...
    Anything said by Dr. Oz....or by any Beachbody, Herbalife, Advocare, Body by Vi, ItWorks,etc. MLM salesperson (I refuse to refer to them as "coaches" because IMO they haven't legitimately earned that title).
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    just about anything coming out of a celebrity's mouth
  • THExNEKOxCHAN
    THExNEKOxCHAN Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers. Fat Free. Diet.

And about half the crap I read here too...
  • Sonya381
    Options
    Slimming world ........ Bad bad bad
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    as long as you workout you can eat whatever you want.....