Embarrassing fatty moments, because you have to laugh!!

Options

Replies

• n8dawg77
    n8dawg77 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    About 20 years ago I snuck into my brothers room to watch the game on his bigger tv. I was sitting on his single sized waterbed and a female friend of his came into the room (she was at least 3x the size of me). She asked me what I was watching and then sat on the corner of the bed frame. The minute she sat down the screws released and the bed shattered and burst open the water bed ... she jumped up and ran out of the room yelling to my brother "your brother is in your room and he's too big for the water bed and he just broke it"

My family always thought I broke the bed ...
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    When I wasn't allowed to ride Raging Bull at Six Flags with my friends because they couldn't get the safety thing down far enough :( that was the second year we went, but the year previous (when I hadn't packed on an extra thirty pounds), I was still JUST barely small enough. In fact, I could feel that really, it should have 'clicked' down once more, but when the indifferent teenage boy came around to check it he shrugged and said it was 'good enough'.

I spent that entire ride (which was my first time on Raging Bull, too) TERRIFIED that I was going to fly off and die because my fatness would break the safety bar! :laugh:

I couldn't think of anything until I read this. I have a verrrry similar story.

I think I blocked out all the memories of super-fat me, LOL.
    Now I can only remember things if there's a trigger.

I haven't been back to Six Flags yet. Maybe one day.
  • joselo2
    joselo2 Posts: 461
    Options
    We had a problem in physics class, where you were supposed to figure out your mass based on gravity and your weight, needless to say, I put 100 pounds after I saw the guy next to me checking out my work.

omg we also did a thing in physics that involved being weighed, i just used my friends data haha.

also one time in maths we talked bout averages andthe teacher thought it ok to talk about average weights and how i would be the outlier or something!!!!! never mind kids, teachers can be so cruel, they dont realise kids is sensitive about these things, especially in their teens.
  • joselo2
    joselo2 Posts: 461
    Options
    About 20 years ago I snuck into my brothers room to watch the game on his bigger tv. I was sitting on his single sized waterbed and a female friend of his came into the room (she was at least 3x the size of me). She asked me what I was watching and then sat on the corner of the bed frame. The minute she sat down the screws released and the bed shattered and burst open the water bed ... she jumped up and ran out of the room yelling to my brother "your brother is in your room and he's too big for the water bed and he just broke it"

My family always thought I broke the bed ...

awwww you are a real gent for letting everyone beleive that!! i guess that was her embarrassing fatty moment.
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    so last year, i was having a really rough day. i got home with the full intention of eating a chocolate bar that i had bought earlier in the week. i went to the kitchen, only to see that my roommate had eaten the chocolate bar. i lost my *kitten*, started freaking out and yelling. i was like "I NEEDED THAT HOW COULD YOU!"
  • bluskies01
    bluskies01 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have a young son and yes many times he and his friends have patted my belly and asked when I was having a baby, sigh. Another time I went for a health checkup and the NP keeps pressing on my stomach, are you SURE you're not pregnant? Ugh yes I'm sure! The worst two had to do with my driver's license. We keep them for about 8 years here in NC. I put on a lot of weight after my son was born at 23. For one I had to go to the police station to deal with some things, anyway the detective goes, "well I GUESS this could be you" very suspiciously. Another time I was getting a hotel room and the clerk actually LAUGHED and puffed out his cheeks after seeing my license. Needless to say I didn't stay there. :/
  • chicanita91
    chicanita91 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I was a cashier at walmart a couple months ago and I wanted to help this old lady put her groceries in her cart, as soon as i grabbed some bags she screamed in front of everyone else in line, "NNOOOOOOOOOO, YOU CAN'T DO THAT!" I replied with, "why?" She goes, "Well because you're pregant." All I was thinking was, oh yeah? i didn't know. I told her I wasn't and she just apologized like nothing happened while I stayed quiet :embarassed:
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    ClearNotCloudyMind Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I teacher preschool. Three year olds. They have no tact! I get a lot of "Is there a baby in your tummy?" "You have a big tushy!!" "Oooh, you're squishy!" Etc, etc, etc.

But my favorite (lol) was last year. A young three year old boy in my class was being quite gentlemanly and noticed that I was coming to the table to sit down. He got up and pulled out my chair for me. My heart melted, it was so sweet. And then....he looked at me, looked at my butt, and pulled the chair out another two feet!

What a lovely lovely little boy! Sorry I am sympathetic (my 4-year old loves playing with my "squishy" tummy) but can't help but think that kid is a generous empathic nice little man...
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    one time my boyfriend tried to be cute and pick me up bride style. i could feel his whole body shaking under my weight, and he dropped me after a few seconds! :embarassed:

I have NEVER EVER allowed anyone to pick me up because of this. I could always feel their arms straining. And I NEVER sit in people's laps, either, for that same reason!
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Once I was at a backyard picnic. They had those white plastic molded chairs & I sat in one. When I got up I got stuck in it & walked around with it on my butt stuck in it. Eventually, someone pried me loose. Even though now I am a size 6 I still shy away from those type of chairs.
  • LyraVega02
    LyraVega02 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My 5th grade crush told me I was a genie in a bucket because I was too fat to fit in a bottle.
    In 7th grade, my super skinny friend noticed the bright red stretch marks on the back of my legs for the first time. She then screamed to the rest of the class walking behind us to look at the "cat scratches" covering my legs.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I teacher preschool. Three year olds. They have no tact! I get a lot of "Is there a baby in your tummy?" "You have a big tushy!!" "Oooh, you're squishy!" Etc, etc, etc.

But my favorite (lol) was last year. A young three year old boy in my class was being quite gentlemanly and noticed that I was coming to the table to sit down. He got up and pulled out my chair for me. My heart melted, it was so sweet. And then....he looked at me, looked at my butt, and pulled the chair out another two feet!

What a lovely lovely little boy! Sorry I am sympathetic (my 4-year old loves playing with my "squishy" tummy) but can't help but think that kid is a generous empathic nice little man...

Oh I very much agree! It's my favorite story ever. He's an awesome kid, and his heart is filled with kindness. It's just...it was so stinking funny!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    About 2 years after Hubby and I got married, I acknowledged that I was gaining a little bit of weight. "It's not THAT much," I kept telling myself. I was in full denial until one day at work. I work in a court, and it was just a normal day.... I was taking notes, running around giving the judge new files, and giving the defendants and attorneys their copies of the orders. After court, I went to the bathroom, and to my horror, I saw that the 2 buttons on my shirt right around my bosom area had popped open. Thank goodness I had a tank top on underneath or that would have been mortifying! Even still, it was embarrassing enough and that was the last time I've worn my nice button down shirts to work.

Maybe I'll be able to wear them again this summer.... :)
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    When I was a nanny (and not even at my heaviest) the family I worked for bought a hammock for the backyard. Everyone else tried it out and they were fine. I sat in it and pulled the thing all the way to the ground.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I was at someone's house and stumbled on their staircase, grabbed the hand rail and tore it completely off the wall.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    A number of years ago, my husband had to attend a scientific conference and my daughter (who was in junior high school at the time) and I decided to accompany him. I weighed at least 50 pounds more than I do currently. While my husband was at the conference, my daughter and I decided to go to lunch at a restaurant that had been recommended to us. The decor was lovely and the view was excellent--and the food was elegant. There was just one problem. The straight back chairs were very narrow with a very high center of gravity. During the course of the meal, my cloth napkin slipped off my lap onto the floor. I reached down to pick it up---and my chair fell over with me on it! Our waiter rushed over to make sure that I wasn't hurt and kept trying to pick me up off the floor (but he was a skinny little thing) and I was helpless to help him because I was laughing so hard. The other patrons were struggling not to laugh and my daughter was utterly mortified. Even now, it makes me giggle to think of the spectacle. :blushing: :laugh:
  • Charlito1989
    Options
    Gained quite a lot of weight in my final year of high school, in which my belt buckle decided to burst open during a French class to the enjoyment of my best mate who readily informed the rest of the class and forced me to hitch up my pants and endure a walk of shame to the toilet!
  • carijok
    Options
    How many times has one of my skinny girlfriends tried to give me a pair of pants. These will fit you, they're hyoooooge on me! And I can't even get one leg in past the thigh. Oh god. Never again.
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    one time my boyfriend tried to be cute and pick me up bride style. i could feel his whole body shaking under my weight, and he dropped me after a few seconds! :embarassed:

I have NEVER EVER allowed anyone to pick me up because of this. I could always feel their arms straining. And I NEVER sit in people's laps, either, for that same reason!

I've been there. Sometimes at work we have do rescue carries on each other and I find it absolutely humiliating :sad: Most people assume that I'm less heavy than I actually am, and I'm genuinely afraid that some unsuspecting person is going to throw out their back :noway:

Anybody know a tactful way to get out of this?
  • ReaGaladriel
    ReaGaladriel Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    bump