30 day shred nerves.

Options
13»

Replies

• Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just start, waiting for March first is like all the people who say the diet starts monday, and then when they fall off the wagon by wednesday they wait for the next monday to start again. Unless you have a good reason to wait for march 1st (away at a conference for a few days, waiting on all clear after surgery) just get up and do it, by march 1st you might already have lost a few lbs and be feeling so much better about yourself.

For me the first few days are rough, everything hurts, stomach and the fronts of my legs in particular, but I like it too, that's my body changing and getting stronger. Personally I've never really lost any weight on it, but I don't have much to loose (only about another 10-15lbs, but already a UK8-10) so for me it's more about toning.
  • KlassicEyez
    Options
    I'm on day 18 and I've seen a great improvement. Stick with the beginner person if you feel the workouts are too extreme.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Why wait, start today!

It's nothing to fear. Just a workout. Take it one move at a time and one day at a time. It's fun :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    You know what 30DS gave me? CONFIDENCE!! :bigsmile: I took it one day at a time, took that 5-10 second break when I needed it, and saw my progress as I got stronger, more flexible, and my endurance increased week by week. By the end of the 30 days, I was ready for more workouts, longer workouts, more challenges - and I stopped looking at things in the light of "I'll be able to do that someday, when I'm in better shape," - NO! I can tackle that NOW, and yeah, it will be hard, but I can do hard things! And I will do my best and I will be better each and every time!

Just keep doing your best, you will improve and progress - you can do it!
  • A1CNobody
    Options
    The first time I did the 30DS I couldn't even do one push-up. You just do as much as you can, as well as you can! It only gets better!
  • Shelialouise66
    Options
    I start day 3 tomorrow of level 1. Gonna do each level for 10 days. I am super sore from day 1, but I still did it today and can't wait to do it tomorrow. You have gotten some great feedback. I would only add, make sure you have a good sports bra or double up. Do what you can and it will get easier each day.
  • SheedahSmile14
    SheedahSmile14 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just got the 30 Day Shred today and I'm going to try it tomorrow. I'm definitely feeling you on the nerves, especially since I've done Insanity before and couldn't get through it. Add me, we'll get through it together. Idk if I'm going to do it everyday, but l'm going to give it a go. Everyone's encouragement is great! Let's see what all the fuss is about.
  • homegirl614
    homegirl614 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am starting tomorrow. I was going to wait until March but figured what's the point in waiting. I would've started today but had too much to do. I am super nervous. Feel free to add me, I need some extra support. We can do this :bigsmile:
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    As you can probably see yourself your definitely not alone in this lots of encouraging support on here :D.

Guess like a lot of other have said i'd say aswell, start tomorrow with it...why wait? I understand where you are coming from though, often towards the end of one month I will set a target for the next so starting on march 1 makes sense but often it is placing such emphasis on goals which makes them seem even scarier almost or intimidating I guess whereas if you jump into it tomorrow you're already there by march 1st! :)

See what suits you, many on here have said run on the spot or something instead of stopping altogether if a particular exercise gets too strenuous thats a good idea, personally I paused it and regained my breath and shook myself out for several seconds and then got back to it. Obviously for the incredible results many have shown on here it is best to do it within the 30 days and do the 20 mins or so in one go but at the beginning you need to allow your body time to adjust, I remember after doing my first one I came away thinking god how do they do it on this site and I still haven't worked myself up to the complete 30 days yet. What I've found helpful is i've started incorporating the 30 day shred into my exercise routine, for example for 3 days a week and i think that has helped me get to a place now where i'm thinking yea I could go for the 30! :)

As simple as it sounds positive thinking goes a long way here, any attempt at it is a push in the right direction, best of luck with it! :D
  • jmhunter84
    jmhunter84 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Dont' be nervous! Do what you can, everything counts. Listen to your body and do your best and you will reap the benefits. I am starting 30 Day Shred March 1st too
  • affini12
    Options
    Just finished day 3 (but round 4 since I was crazy and did it twice sunday). My body is so sore. Especially my butt and thighs. Which is good since those are my main trouble zones.
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Ahh it's almost time to start. I'm still nervous lol but soo excited.