Recording when you go over cal goals

Options

Replies

• Cherp18
    Cherp18 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I record it all. And sometimes, it ain't pretty! But that's my life ... so it get's logged! I like to look back and see where I went horribly wrong & hopefully learn from it :) We carry on!
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I always record everything...the good, the bad and the ugly.....that's why my diary is not open...ever. I am totally accountable to myself for any slip-ups :smile:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I record it all. Good days and bad days. I also record TOM water weight gains. What's the point of logging if you aren't going to log everything. (?)

^this i've been hemming and hawing about a weigh in opportunity tomorrow (no scales at home). I've been worried about the water weight, but after seeing this will record the weigh in and also just note in my exercise notes or journal that it was TOM. that way i will be able to know that fluctuation, otherwise how would i ever know. the scale is getting less and less scary and less and less important the more i'm on MFP. I predict I will be able to handle one in the house by the time summer comes.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Yep - what's the point if you're not going to log everything?

Even on my worst days (2000 cals over?!). I do like to eat a buffet every now and then, but I tend to eat the same things at both places so I took the time once to enter everything and just saved it as one of my meals. Even if the meal changes a bit, I feel like it's close enough.
  • kdroppo
    kdroppo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I record everything every day. Otherwise what's the point. I would only be lying to myself.
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I don't always but not because I'm in denial. Sometimes I just want to take a day off from ALL of it. Good or bad, it's just a fact. Most of the time I log it whether I go over or not. The only time I don't is when I'm just taking a day to completely go off the rails! lol
  • cluelessang
    cluelessang Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am guilty of just quitting and not showing up for a few days on the website. And then eventually logging back on. Not a good pattern. But I can relate to you.
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I record religiously.....even when I blow my calories out of the water! I like to keep myself accountable. Plus...I give myself a weekly total of calories, so if I have a heavy calorie day it is okay. I then try and get exercise in and and eat a little under calories the next day. You have to hold yourself accountable no matter what. This is a life journey......pizza, wings and beer happen! :drinker:
  • MaryPoppinsIAint
    MaryPoppinsIAint Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I made myself a promise when I signed up that I would never feel guilty over my food diary. That makes it simple to log EVERYTHING, and then I can see where I can make better choices so that I CAN have room for that piece of cheesecake or that four slices of bacon. I promised myself that this was never going to be about "No, you can't eat that", but "Do you have room for (insert treat) in your numbers today? Yes? Great, enjoy! No? No big deal, plan tomorrow out and make room for it. No, but WAAAAAANT? That's okay, put it in anyhow, and start over tomorrow."
  • tegantheaverage
    tegantheaverage Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I log everything.. I had a 3800 calorie day last week :/
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I record everything. and i think that everyone should. Unless they are having a cheat day and dont want to deal with it... breaks are always good! ha
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I log every day, every sip and every bite. :drinker:
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Knowing that I'm going to have to record it is what keeps me from putting the crap in my shopping cart in the first place.
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I log it all and then just move on the next day. In the past if I didn't record my overage, I would end up saying to myself, "Well, if you're already not recording, you might as well eat X, Y, and Z too." Although I'm in a much better mental place than I was in the past (and I've been binge-free for about four months), I do want to keep myself accountable on the days when I'm over by a bit.

Tracking everything has also helped me make sure that I remain under my TDEE, even on days when I plan to have larger meals or go out for a special occasion. This reminds me that, even on days I'm not perfect, I am still moving in the right direction.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Yes, there is no benefit in lying about intake; it only causes us to be confused when we don't see the results we are going for.
  • Superchas
    Superchas Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Log it all
    You can have a bad day
    You can have a bad week
    No to two bad weeks in a row

Enjoy your calories but record them

Good luck
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    hell - i record anything I'm sober enough to remember ingesting... occasionally, it'll be the following day before I remember, but yep... i record it all. worst case scenario, I'll even check my pocket change, and work out if it was 7 pints or 9 of beer I had...
  • mrsgeneric
    mrsgeneric Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am now learning to eat more calories....
    But i am ocd over my calories
    If it goes in my mouth it goes in my diary if i feel i ate too much
    I exercise those specific calories away.... I know its bad but
    Im now learning that calorie goals r ok to go over a bit
  • Alyssa__Lauren
    Alyssa__Lauren Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I really try to but on some nights when I get really drunk (like last night oops) I lose track of everything so I just...don't. But I'm good about bouncing back pretty quickly ;)
  • kingkoopaluv
    kingkoopaluv Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I record everything i put in mouth...(most wink wink), if you dont record it there is no point. MFP is here to hold you accountable. Record all!