is my 5 month goal realistic ??

Options
2»

Replies

• prettycode
    prettycode Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's possible, but I would set a more realistic goal. You're much more likely to just give up if your progress isn't as fast as you hope, which is probably won't be, with all due respect. The more realistic the goal, the more likely you are to succeed.

How about aiming for 25 lbs? That would still be very aggressive for someone at your current weight.

You need to make sustainable changes to achieve your goal. The more radical your goal is (38 lbs is really pushing it), the more radical things you're going to have to do relative to what you've been doing. And likely, that's not going to be maintainable for very long.
  • prettycode
    prettycode Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    start with clen eca cycle 2week clen 2 week eca XDDXDXDX

I'm sorry I understand what you mean ?
    He's telling you to used banned substances and steroid-like compounds, similar to what a competitive body builder would do, effectively. Perhaps that's his way of saying that you're goal is unrealistic without the aid of hardcore, illegal fat-loss stimulants. (Illegal without prescriptions.)
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Even if you only lose, say, 20-25 pounds, you'll still feel better and look amazing. Keep that in mind and you won't stress yourself out with your original goal weight. :smile:

This.

I'm also 5'5. About 10 years ago, I was about 120 pounds. I wasn't terribly healthy then, because I lost weight from a slipped disc in my jaw and couldn't chew normally, but I liked how I looked at that size. I thought I'd have to get back to 120 to look like that again. With good nutrition and exercise (I lift weights and run), I'm smaller now, but about 15 pounds heavier. Don't get too hung up on the number on the scale.

(Pictures and stuff here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/886672-1-5-million-calories-in-775-days)

You look fantastic!
  • Grace4DebraAnn
    Grace4DebraAnn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I currently weigh 164 lbs and would like to be 126 lbs by the end of July as that's when I plan to go to Turkey. This means a total of 38 lbs weight loss....Is this realistic ?

I would say yes it is realistic! If you are committed, it can be done! But it will take alot of work! I have faith you can accomplish this. Best of luck! I've lost 56 lbs in 5 months and two weeks so it can be done!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    to me, the 5:2 diet is probably one of the worst things ever. too many people use it as an excuse to binge eat, as they'll be restricting calories two days.

look into intermittent fasting. you basically start by skipping breakfast once or twice a week. you have a time frame of when you do or do not eat, usually a 16 hour window of not eating, and 8 hours of eating. however, because of the chemical differences between men and women, some women can do better with 14 hours not eating.

the non-eating window can be done while sleeping. so say you eat dinner at 7pm. so now you eat at 9am (14 hours), and break the fast. also, most of the time, you save a big part of your calories for dinner, so that you can last a little better in the morning.
  • conorpatmanCHANGED
    conorpatmanCHANGED Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    yeah, i lost 40 pounds in 4.5 months so it is :)
  • shirleygra
    shirleygra Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    1. 5:2 dasting
    Let us know how u find the 5:2. I use to 0 cals fast a lot about 30 years ago. Now i heard about 5:2 where fast days are 650 cals and i would adapt only if i have couple of days i feel like doing it such as when i have long sleep in or feel i need to kick start metabolism - BUT i would to adapt it to MFP. Ie MFP tells me to have 1200 a day to lose 1lb a week. If i do 5:2 then on 2 seperate days i would have 650cals but on other 5 days i wouldnt eat what i want but instead i would use extra cals saved ie 1200-650=550 x 2 = 1100 saved spread over 5 days = extra 220 per day. So on other 5 days would have 1200+220=1420. So, over the week you still have the same number of calories - MFP is right to suggest not regularly going under 1200 because u need this to get nutrition and not go into starvation standstill mode. So, you will get the MFP loss promised, with the help of the kickstart fast days. But dont be hard on yourself if u find fasting too hard. Its not really necessary. Can do as others suggested as below.

2. 2lbs loss
    Am in 5 th week and have lost 13lbs which is 2.5 lbs a week. I know this slows down as u get lighter. I have lost big weight many times (50-60lbs) and i know that i use to always average 2lb loss a week at 1200cals. But i am older and ill so spend lot of time sitting so it should be harder now and will get more so when i get closer to your weight. I agree with others to plan on 1lb a week so you dont get disapointed and give up. If you lose 2lbs then thats a happy bonus. Also i agree the slower the weight loss the better for your health, skin sag, and keeping it off. I use to yoyo a lot then lost it all 10yrs ago just by listening to my body hunger signals rather than a diet. But, this time it crept back on slowly over 10 yrs which is an improvement for me over yoyoing, but MFP has gotten back on the right path. I love that it does the calculations, keeps a record, and keeps eye on your nutrition level. . It is important to recognise how your body feels as you eat adequate amount of calories. Mfp helps weed out the hidden calories.

So first i think you might want to:

. Find out your BMR (base metabolic rate - number of calories you need for 24hours if you stayed in bed and did nothing, ie calories your body will use just to breath etc.). This is based on your weight and age. For example i am old and sedentary so mine is just under 1500. Since i have 1200 per day that's a defieit of only 300 which over a week is only 2100, which is less than the 3500 needed to lose a pound. So, since i am losing 2 1bs i must be using more calories getting up, showering, cooking cleaning.
    You can find your BMR and other calculators here: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

. Add your daily actions like walking to work, cleanings etc and add to your MFP exercise. I created a very, very slow cleaning at 90cals per hour and just use that to add in the hours i have been moving around. I still stick to eating 1200 but it is comforting to see the extra spare calories i have if i need a little extra late snack.

. take your daily calories u r aiming for, ie 1200, away from your BMR. As has been said already 500 less a day will equal 1lb loss a week. Calculate calories for your average daily activities hours, probably 500 at least if you are mvoing round a lot of the day. If that isnt enough then you can do some exercise like stairs so it all adds up to 1000 cals less per day. Try to use MFP to keep track of it all because it keeps a weekly record of calories and that is more important. This allows u to have off days, lazy days, celebration days etc. the important figure is your total weekly net calories,
  • Clare0116
    Clare0116 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That all depends on your lifestyle so far and how much effort you are prepared to make. You may also have medical reasons for weight gain, which can sabotage your efforts. Focus more on your shape than pounds, as increased exercise leads to muscle weight gain and burning fat more effectively. If your recent lifestyle made you overweight, make sensible changes and improve your health and looks.

Weigh everything and use small plates to get an idea of healthy portion size and the values of your favourite foods. Drink LOTS of water (needed for fat elimination) and get more active. Don't waste your money on gimmick diet foods except for low fat yogurts, dairy spreads and low sugar biscuits for occasional treats, etc. All can be found in local shops. Sugarfree jelly and frozen fruits make batches of very nice healthy desserts, served with sweetened plain live yogurt..
  • worthyglo
    Options
    You can do it. You'll need to eat less carbs than they suggest. But you should stay away from sugar, white bread, pasta, and potatoes anyway.
  • Clare0116
    Clare0116 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That all depends on your lifestyle so far and how much effort you are prepared to make. You may also have medical reasons for weight gain, which can sabotage your efforts. Focus more on your shape than pounds, as increased exercise leads to muscle weight gain and burning fat more effectively. If your recent lifestyle made you overweight, make sensible changes and improve your health and looks.

Weigh everything and use small plates to get an idea of healthy portion size and the values of your favourite foods. Drink LOTS of water (needed for fat elimination) and get more active. Don't waste your money on gimmick diet foods except for low fat yogurts, dairy spreads and low sugar biscuits for occasional treats, etc. All can be found in local shops. Sugarfree jelly and frozen fruits make batches of very nice healthy desserts, served with sweetened plain live yogurt..
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    start with clen eca cycle 2week clen 2 week eca XDDXDXDX

I'm sorry I understand what you mean ?
    He's telling you to used banned substances and steroid-like compounds, similar to what a competitive body builder would do, effectively. Perhaps that's his way of saying that you're goal is unrealistic without the aid of hardcore, illegal fat-loss stimulants. (Illegal without prescriptions.)
    So where can i get that??

OP, i think your expectations are a little unrealistic. As you get closer to your goal, it will be harder to shed the pounds. I would focus on body composition, eating healthily and not obsessing over the scales.
    I doubt you gained 40 pounds in 5 months, give yourself enough time to lose it at a rate that will allow you to actually learn things like what a portion size looks like, how to balance your macros to fit your goals and so forth. That will help you maintain once you get at your goal weight.