How to make a hard boiled egg interesting

Options
2»

Replies

• IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Take half a dozen hard boiled eggs and mix them up with half a dozen raw eggs. It won't make the hard boiled ones taste any better, but it will be more interesting when you go to peel one.

Lol !

Would a hard boiled egg go well with pesto?
  • keepitnewmarcia
    keepitnewmarcia Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great idea on the hosradish, I'm going to try that too!
  • keepitnewmarcia
    keepitnewmarcia Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of smashed eggs with the add ins willowdancer. Thanks, I'm going to try these too!
    Marcia
  • swissbrit
    Options
    I dry fry eggs in a good tefon pan with muschrooms mmmmmmmmmmmmm add some chilli and salt and pepper :-) Lush
  • Sugaraddiction
    Options
    I appreciate that info! It helps to understand things. Thank you for that.
  • Galonamission81
    Galonamission81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Draw a face on it. Give it a name. An amazing personality. A nice round suit. Take it for a walk with you on the beach. Catch a film, one of those bad, cheesy comedies. Laugh together. Trade stories over dinner. Get to know it's dark side, and it's warm side.

Then stab it with a fork, dip it in GY and curry powder and devour it.

Lmao... Thanks for the morning chuckle.
  • shelbygt350h
    Options
    Hi..I like putting them in a zip lock bag and adding the juice from either Pepperoncini Peppers or Red Hot Sauce ! It's not that interesting...but it adds a little flavor without the added calories !!
  • aura82
    aura82 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Mix with avocado.
  • wulfdadi
    Options
    I pickle my eggs.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Not a seasoning idea but the black ring round the yolk can be avoided by plunging the egg into cold water immediately it is ready (I just put the saucepan under the cold tap and run it til the whole pan is cold).

But I expect you knew that :ohwell:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    1. Don't make hard-boiled eggs. Water boils at 212 degrees- egg whites coagulate at 140-150 degrees F and egg yolks coagulate at about 180 degrees F- hard-boiling them exceeds the temps necessary to coagulate the egg and sacrifices some of the protein quality (you can tell if an egg has been improperly cooked because of a green ring that forms around the yolk as a result of a reaction the yolk's sulfur undergoes when heated to too high of a temperature for too long).

Sorry for that- I had a horrible nutrition professor who drilled that into our brains...

I'm with PP- try any condiments that you like (I like salsa/hot sauce) or try different spices :-)

I only get the green stuff from boiling eggs if I overdo them. boiling them for 10 mins (i.e. 10 mins after the water comes to the boil) cooks them through just right, i.e. yolks solid with no green. (don't like runny yolks)
  • hubbart25
    hubbart25 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love my boiled egg with cottage cheese, beetroot, pickled onions and cucumber. My favourite lunch.
  • loudgls89
    loudgls89 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Take half a dozen hard boiled eggs and mix them up with half a dozen raw eggs. It won't make the hard boiled ones taste any better, but it will be more interesting when you go to peel one.

Almost had a coffee related incident with my keyboard...
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    keep the shell on and play rugby/football with it :noway: and it burn off cals! :drinker:

or
    i could say boiled egg with soldiers(real ones)lol :wink: