Who needs cauliflower? (Broccoli Pizza Crust - with pic)

Options

Replies

• ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    bump
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JWat2020
    JWat2020 Posts: 80 Member
    Options

How big around was it?

Answering my own question, it is between 8-10" around. It tasted amazing. I made a white pizza with pepperoni. Here's a pic, ignore the giant bite taken out already.

0660d224-fc02-4f07-a088-33c9622022e4.jpg
  • mellimeter
    mellimeter Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Port47
    Port47 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That looks absolutely yummy.I miss pizza, so I am definitely going to try this.By the way how much broccoli do you use and is it cooked first before mixing with other ingredients. Mmmmmmmm.:tongue:
  • Port47
    Port47 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That looks absolutely yummy.I miss pizza, so I am definitely going to try this.By the way how much broccoli do you use and is it cooked first before mixing with other ingredients. Mmmmmmmm.:tongue:
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I made mine about 3/4 of an inch thick, when it was raw. It settled as it baked, to a bit less than a half an inch...about the thickness of a regular (Not deep dish) crust.
    It actually looked and smelled pretty tasty even before I put pizza toppings on it. ...sort of like a pancake quiche, without the crust and heavy whipping cream. I really was surprised at just how fabulous it tasted.

I love pizza, but I truly would not miss it and if friends around me were eating a *real* pizza, while I ate this one, I'd be perfectly happy and satisfied and not envious at all. I think that is amazing. Now, if I could make it so I don't miss a good, fresh, New York bagel. LOL

How big around was it?

It was about 13 inches long and 9 1/2 inches wide. It could have made 4 meals, easily. There were 8 large pieces, but I was so hungry when I made it, and it tasted so darned good, that I ate half. I got two more, very satisfying meals out of the other half of it.

I used a large, 1 LB bag of frozen, organic broccoli florets, three whole, large, free range, organic eggs, and some cheese (mozzarella and parmesan) in the crust too, along with some seasoning to taste. I think it would have been good with any sort of cheese, really.
  • barbaratrollman
    Options

I would either slightly steam or par-boil it first, or use frozen, which is already blanched before freezing.
  • barbaratrollman
    Options
    Is the crust crispy or soggy? Sounds too good to be true, I love broccoli on my pizza so I would love to try it in a "crust" but I can't stand a soggy crust. I guess I just assume it's soggy because of the comparisons to a frittata or an omelet.

It wasn't so much crispy or soggy, as ummm...fluffy. Kinda like good quiche should be.
    I ate it cold the next day and it was great that way too.
  • MrsLg
    MrsLg Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmmmmm!
  • mkatkar
    Options
    Just made these and they turned out so yummy ...Thanks for posting this .
  • watchmelose1
    watchmelose1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    yum!
  • mklassy123
    Options
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to make this.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I'm glad a lot of you are enjoying this recipe! :)
  • RunnemuckMom
    Options
    Thanks for the pictures. I've heard about it but wasn't sure what it would look like. I can't wait to try it, I always have broccoli in the fridge.
  • sassafrascas
    sassafrascas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • mklassy123
    Options
    Thanks to all who gave a "warning" about not using parchment paper. I'm going out now to buy all the ingredients and I will make sure to buy parchment paper as well. Guess what I'm having for dinner tonight? I can't wait.
  • sblackwood77
    sblackwood77 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    OH my, you just made me soooo hungry. it looks amazing! glaD you shared this
  • ilovethelaw07
    Options
    Bump. Hate cauliflower, but love broccoli!
  • kmartinko
    Options
    Can't wait to try it. What a fantastic idea. I just bought some fat-free cheddar. I am going to try this.:smooched: