what's in your home gym??

Options

Replies

• danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Squat rack, bench, one of my barbells. Adjustable height box for box squats in the background. Cambered bar stored on top of the rack. Chains used for chain suspended good mornings or for attaching to the bar to add more weight as you push the weight up.

rack.jpg

Other barbells used for deadlifts and rows. Giant mirror that was here when we bought the house. 1 of 2 plate trees (one on each side of the rack). Horse stall mats on the floor.
    bars.jpg

Dumbbell rack. Treadmill that fried so it's no longer here. Pug face.
    dbrack.jpg
  • LynNann57
    LynNann57 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have :
    A tredmill that inclines
    dumb bells( 3, 5 and 8 pounds)
    Bowflex
    Gilad DVD's
    You tube excersise videos

I started with one Gilad DVD, and walking around my neighborhood every day. Eventually added the tredmill, so bad weather is no longer a reason to not excersise. Then added my dumb bells, a few at a time. My husband wanted the Bowflex, but I use it too. I am able to use heavier weights using it! And I can use the bench on it for my dumb bell workouts too.
    I use the tredmil every day, and alternate my strength training three times a week; between my dumbbells and the bowflex. Need to buy more dumbbells, and I would love a barbell too.
  • Cwyman1
    Cwyman1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I used to go to the gym a lot, but it was getting expensive and harder to get to. I decided 2 years ago to build my home gym in my basement. I like to roll out of bed at 5am and get my workout in before heading off to work. It's very convenient to be able to workout then make a healthy breakfast before work. I've slowly added equipment as I needed.

My gym includes:
    Weider home gym
    Elliptical
    Treadmill
    Bike trainer
    Heavy bag
    Pull up bar
    Dumbbells (various weights)
    Elastic bands (various resistant)
    Home made T-handle (like an adjustable kettle bell)
    Floor mat
    Medicine balls
    Stability ball (aka: exercise ball)
    Foam roller
    Workout videos (P90X, P90X2, & Insanity are my favs)
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I am a full time working mom of 3 kids, youngest being 9 mos. So going to gym is not an option. These are the things I have:

1 25# dumbbell (for my hubby), 2 each of 3, 5, 10#
    Bodylastics resistance bands
    Stability ball
    Treadmill
    Foam Roller
    Push up stand
    Yoga mat
    Yoga Strap
    Lots of workout DVDs, DVD player, Laptop, TV
    Polar FT7
    iPad
  • cdstaufenbiel
    cdstaufenbiel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My home gym consists of:

3 sets of dumbbells- 5,10,15#
    Mat for floor exercises
    Bench
    Treadmill
    Stability ball (just bought that yesterday and am very excited about using it!)
    TV/VHS combo and DVD player (but the DVD player doesn't work and the TV eats VHS tapes- so that doesn't count at the moment)
  • jrompola
    jrompola Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My gym includes bowflex dumbbells and a pull-up bar. Thats it and I've gotten far & away better results than when I had a bench and 300 and some pounds of plates and when I went to the gym.
  • abheshek
    abheshek Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    treadmill

twister

stepper

dumbells - 2 kg,5 kg,7.5 kg

push up instrument
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Bench
    Step
    Squat stands
    Oly bar and plates
    Selectable dumbbells
    Resistance bands
    Chin-up bar
    Stability ball
    Yoga mat
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I work out in my living room, so I try to get the maximum use out of minimal equipment. In my living room, I have:
    -- Yoga mats, strap and block. The mat gets used for all kinds of work, not just yoga.
    -- Adjustable dumbbells and a set of 5lb. dumbbells
    -- foam roller (3' long, full round). I use this for massage, for balance exercises, and in place of a weight bench for any move that would be done lying flat back on a bench. The nice thing about this is that I have to engage my core more in order to keep the roller stable.

I like to see how much use I can get out of other stuff that isn't actually workout equipment, like using the stairs for step-up moves or calf raises, or using the firm ottoman for split squats. It helps to get creative!

I've also got my hoops for my daily hoop dance practice, but that's not everyone's standard workout.
  • Tuten210
    Tuten210 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Bosu Ball, hand weights, stationary bike, rowing maching, resistance bands, jump rope.... workout DVDs.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Panorama of the home gym. 99% of all equipment belongs to my BFF. There are plates all over the floor because we finished carpeting just yesterday afternoon and we needed the edges to set (took us several weekends to lay the carpet but it was an awesome workout!).

Lightsaber is not part of any workout routine, although it is occasionally used to remind us to use the Force. :smile:

2yoe35s.jpg
  • charman99
    charman99 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have a total gym and tons of work out DVDs
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Mat
    Dumbbells - 5-25lbs sets
    Kettlebells - 20, 25, 30
    Ankle weights
    Various resistance bands and yoga bands, yoga blocks
    Pull up bar
    Plyo Stands
    Weights Gloves
    Agility Ladder
    3 sizes of stability balls
    Weighted Medicine balls 5lb and 10lbs
    Elliptical
    Road BIke on Trainer
    Treadmill
    Foam rollers
    Rubz ball for my feet
    Weighted plates in various weights with a full length bar
    Inversion Table

Considering one of those Half Stability ball things next - bosa or something like that.
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Youtube videos
    DVDs
    2 3lb weights
    And a small kit I bought for like 10 or 20 bucks from walmart. It came with several resistance bands. It hooks to your door and you can do lots of different things with it. Good buy, I think.

Oh, and the outside.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Olympic and standard weights for bar and dumb bells.
    Bench.
    4 kettlebells.
    Mats.
    A crap load of Beachbody DVDs.

And a bucket filled with determination.

No you cant have any.
  • aas1277
    Options
    I have a big variety of workout DVDs, weights, ankle weights, resistance bands, and a step.....I hate the treadmill so I'd rather a DVD cardio workout.....
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Pull-up Bar
    Push-up Stands
    Yoga Mat
    Jump Rope
    Foam Roller
    Bowflex Selectech 10-90 dumbbells
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Just a treadmill. I've got a small basement.
  • The_Angry_Fish_Guy
    Options
    Whoa thats a badass gym yo!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I have dumbbells ranging from 1.5 lbs (came with Zumba, not truly dumbbells I guess) to 25 lbs. A treadmill. Zumba and Turbo Fire DVDs. Several Wii fitness games. A home weight lifing thing (kind of like a universal gym), but that's still in the box. One kettlebell that I have no idea what to do with. Resistance bands. Jump rope. Step (for step aerobics). Mini stair stepper. Bike. Yoga mat. Thighmaster. 4 good pairs of shoes. Basketball. Frisbee. Football. Softball bat, ball and gloves. Kickball. Whiffle bat and ball. Backpacks and GPSr. Water slide. My body.

Some of those are used outside the home, but they are in my gym (except for the water slide, which is in the garage).