need crunchy salty snacks

Options
Wish there was an index'cause I bet this was covered before.
I find myself craving salty crunchy treats. Please share your favorites.
thanks

Replies

• queenbekks
    queenbekks Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I really love the 100-Calorie popcorn varieties.
  • zoemayberry
    Options
    pretzels crisps are my new favorite thing. love them with hummus or with the laughing cow cheese wedges
  • triddle87
    triddle87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love the new Popchips!
  • CoreyOhNoes
    CoreyOhNoes Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    banana peppers!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Doritos :D
  • StephGettinFit
    StephGettinFit Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    orville "natural" salt & pepper popcorn, 100 calorie mini bags! awesome!
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    i just discovered the special k cracker chips. 100 cals per ounce. i'm not sure the texture is for everyone, but i love them.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    kale chips are delicious and easy to make.

Cut the stems out of a bunch of kale. You can leave the leaves whole or pull them into smaller pieces. I generally pull them in half. Use about 1 tbsp of olive oil per head, but you can certainly use less, perhaps half. Toss the kale with the olive oil, then sprinkle with salt (I think they're extra good with Maldon salt if you have it). Bake at 350, and check every ten minutes. They should be crispy and dry.

They'll keep quite a while in a baggie, but I rarely have any left over. They're yummy.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    potato chips
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Spicy/salted Wasabi peas?
  • christine5791
    christine5791 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I totally recommend Special K Cracker Chips.... for 18-20 chips(depends on the flavour).... it's only about 80 calories... so far I have seen then in Origonal, cheddar, sour cream and onion and bbq.... pretty darn yummy and totally give you the crunchy salty snack fix :)
  • LWeiler82
    Options
    Salt and vinegar chickpeas-they are delish and a little goes a long way!

http://doubletroublekitchenedition.blogspot.ca/2012/02/salt-and-vinegar-chickpeas.html
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Here are my go to crunchy salty snacks: Kale Chips, Popcorn, Celery with Peanut Butter or Laughing Cow Cheese and I love the new Pretzel Chips as well but since I am eating Paleo right now all I can really have is the celery (plain) or the kale chips.. mmm kale chips!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,622 Member
    Options
    My favorites are

-Crudites with hummous or bean dip

-Turkey salami zapped to a crisp in the microwave (cover with a paper towel). About 30 cals a slice and tastes like crispy bacon.

-Grilled seaweed snack from the Asian grocer. A really big 2-serving bag is about 140 cals. The wasabi and hot flavours are great--the seafood flavour is just weird.

-Wonton wrappers baked for 5 minutes in the oven. Spray a baking tin with oil, place wrappers in a single layer, then lightly spray the wrappers and season with garlic salt. About 20 cals per wrapper.
    -Edamame beans in the pod. (Okay, not really crunchy)
  • Amy106Days
    Amy106Days Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I like wheat thins flat bread crackers you get 2 4" long crackers for 60 calories and that saves room to add laughing cow spread and or sriracha. Yum! and 100 calorie bags of pop corn are god to keep around. I am still hesitant to bake kale chips but they have good word of mouth.
  • AdrieneJ
    AdrieneJ Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    banana peppers!

Ooo, I forgot about those! I must pop a few into my lunch for tomorrow!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Pepperidge Farm Baked Naturals...Tortilla Chips
  • strongerthanFAT
    strongerthanFAT Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Take out the measuring cup and enjoy a trail mix serving! Particularly one with nuts, seeds, and one or two dried fruit. It'll give you a perfect combo of sweet and salty WITH nutrition. Try to stray from ones with chocolate!
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Pickles. Anything with hummus. Roasted salted nuts. Veggie chips/sticks.

Potato chips aren't even that bad for you as long as you go natural, you could even make em yourself.
  • SophieC19
    SophieC19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Peanuts :)