Dirty old man at the gym

Options
So I see this old man at the gym. He is overweight, wearing khakis and suspenders, and walking with a cane. I think to myself, good for him. Until I get on the angled leg curl machine. The equipment in my gym is super close together, so when people walk by, you have to pull your legs in, or they don't have room to walk by. So I have 90 lbs on the machine, which is a lot for me. The old man goes to walk by, so I pull my legs in and hold them in. He stops directly in front of me. I tell him he has to move, cause I can't hold this weight in any longer and I will kick him. So he slowly shuffles over. I release the weights, finally, and the dirty old man reaches down, tickles my feet, and says "gitchee gitchee goo." Seriously???? Wtf!! I told him he best get his hands off me quick!

What creepy people have you run into in the gym??

Replies

• jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    No one that creepy. I hope you reported him to the staff.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    You should mention that to the staff.

I havent had anyone dodgy approach me but there have been a couple of people that have been removed from the premises.
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    If something like that happened to me, I would report that guy to whoever runs the gym.
  • sleepy11
    Options
    A guy once walked up to me while I was on the treadmill and said "Thanks for the show. I loved watching you walk in those pants". He was on the treadmill behind me and obviously stared at my butt for 20 minutes.
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    A man from his generation most likely thought he was being friendly. But I know my dad (who is 92) would never do something like that to a stranger! What he did was wrong. It crossed boundaries, and I am so glad you told him to back off. If you see him there again, you might want to point him out to the staff and give them a heads-up that he likes to play "gitchee-goo" with the young girls. That may keep further trouble from happening to another woman - someone who may not have the voice to speak up like you did.
  • MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I feel like old guys that are perverts act the way they do cuz everybody gives them a pass cuz they're old. My grandfather was a super creepster and nobody ever called him out on his yucky behavior. They should've though,
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I feel like old guys that are perverts act the way they do cuz everybody gives them a pass cuz they're old. My grandfather was a super creepster and nobody ever called him out on his yucky behavior. They should've though,

Yep. If he was 40 years old, or 30, or 20, he'd never try that crap.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    So I see this old man at the gym. He is overweight, wearing khakis and suspenders, and walking with a cane. I think to myself, good for him. Until I get on the angled leg curl machine. The equipment in my gym is super close together, so when people walk by, you have to pull your legs in, or they don't have room to walk by. So I have 90 lbs on the machine, which is a lot for me. The old man goes to walk by, so I pull my legs in and hold them in. He stops directly in front of me. I tell him he has to move, cause I can't hold this weight in any longer and I will kick him. So he slowly shuffles over. I release the weights, finally, and the dirty old man reaches down, tickles my feet, and says "gitchee gitchee goo." Seriously???? Wtf!! I told him he best get his hands off me quick!

gitchee gitchee goo...WTF? That is kind of hilarious but definitely whacked out ..maybe has Alzheimer's or something and wandered in????

So your saying gitchee gitchee goo is not a good pickup line?
  • eggsmilkbread
    eggsmilkbread Posts: 184 Member
    Options

gitchee gitchee goo...WTF? That is kind of hilarious but definitely whacked out ..maybe has Alzheimer's or something and wandered in????

So your saying gitchee gitchee goo is not a good pickup line?
    LOL it's not the best pick up line, no. :laugh:
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    There's a chick that always works out barefoot at the gym.

Ewww!
  • trialstyle
    trialstyle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That's crazy! Have you seen him there before?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    the dude in your OP is probably the same guy that stands in front of the damn dryer in the locker room to make sure that his junk is, well, dry. Those dudes are super creeps.
  • americangirlok
    americangirlok Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    That is beyond creepy!
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Sometimes older people might not think they are being creepy and thought he was just treating you like a youngster! I kind of have this internal detector thing where I can tell when someone is actually trying to be a creep and when someone just doesn't know better and does not mean it in that way XD
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Sometimes older people might not think they are being creepy and thought he was just treating you like a youngster! I kind of have this internal detector thing where I can tell when someone is actually trying to be a creep and when someone just doesn't know better and does not mean it in that way XD

naa this is creepy for sure...

gitchee gitchee goo goo ...who the F does that LOL ..

I think I got my next t shirt...
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options

Ewww!

That actually happens a lot...especially with weight lifting.
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options

Ewww!

au natural
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    In commercial gyms, old men drying themselves in the locker room, in the middle of the route between showers/toilets and main room, one foot on a central seating section, taking at least 15-20 mins to dry each ball.

Why? Really, why?
  • Heitor71
    Heitor71 Posts: 224
    Options
    Interesting. In my gym almost all the old guys are flirting with whomever they can and/or will give them the time of day. It is sad.
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    In commercial gyms, old men drying themselves in the locker room, in the middle of the route between showers/toilets and main room, one foot on a central seating section, taking at least 15-20 mins to dry each ball.

Why? Really, why?

Hahaha, you wouldn't believe that stuff that happens in the female locker room.

One time at my gym, I just got out of the shower and was walking back to my locker when I saw this older lady (maybe like 55-60) with one leg propped on the bench and a handheld mirror in her hand, plucking away at her vajayjay. I was permanently scarred.