Over 40, and struggled for years, found my boost finally!

Options
Looking for like minded people to add me as friend. I have finally found the boost I needed and am on my way to being a fit me. My fitness pal friends help me to stay focused. If you have struggled like I have, and want to join a group of friends that are similar, I would love for you be my friend. We can help and support each other :).

Replies

• peejay34mason
    peejay34mason Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am 42 and have over the last year rediscovered my MOJO. I would love to buddy up. Sending a request!
  • 20ever
    20ever Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    40+ here....LETS GO!
  • gammols
    Options
    I too have always struggled. I get depressed when I feel like I'm doing the work but the scale doesn't show it. Hoping this will really pull be through.
  • kmk50
    kmk50 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 58. I have lost 25 pounds but would like to lose another 20! Sometimes it is tough to be positive. We all need to keep going!:smile:
  • PeauxPeaux
    PeauxPeaux Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I turn 45 tomorrow :)

I started January 1....8 weeks or so of this, and I am less than 7 pounds down so far (only 4 showing here as I was using a different tracker. I like this place better.) It feels so SLOW but at least it is progress. I want to keep going in my tutrtley little way plod plod. I do NOT want to crap out. Count me in!
  • JoQuinn523
    JoQuinn523 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am doing it slow because I know that is the only way to keep it off. I count calories and workout 30 mins a day.
    My diary is available to view and I am very supportive BUT I expect the same in return:smile:
    If your like me send me a friend request- I am a 46yr old female working on getting MY SEXY BACK:wink:
  • Busichick
    Options
    I too am over 40 and have been dealing with car accident issues for over 25 years. It kinda wrecks havoc with my fitness and weight levels! I recently survived massive pulmonary embolisms in both lungs but now get to deal with the 65+ lbs I've gained during the illness/recovery time.

I'm typically an active person, love cycling, cross country skiing, walking, blading, boarding, hiking, kayaking.....yup if it's out there I'm gonna try it at least once! Weight gain and health issues have definitley slowed me down but I'm not gonna just lay there, I'm gonna get up and fight!

So....I'm hoping with the help of MFP and maybe some like minded people, to possibly loose some weight before my wedding this year. If I'm really really lucky, I may even be able to get back into some of my old clothes!

Very open mined to some helpful tips, advice and very willing to return the same.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    38 on Saturday, is that close enough? I've lost nearly 12 pounds since Christmas. I'm a mom to one 8 year old son, married for 15 years, and work full-time at a high-stress upper management job. That said, yesterday I did Insanity in the morning, yoga at lunch, and Judo practice at night. I'm pretty active and determined to do this!
  • janetsalley
    janetsalley Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    lets be friends
  • badzoe
    badzoe Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and on my way to being strong and fit! I signed up for a mud run in May, so I have a goal to work towards. I've been better with my exercise than I've been with my eating, so I have to work on that. Feel free to add me, I could use some more support too!
  • janetsalley
    Options
    12lbs since Christmas? Love the motivation...let's be friends :)
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and I am committed to doing this! I want to be the healthiest me i can be. I try to exercise when i can, and make better food choices. But it sure is hard sometimes. I'd love some more supportive friends!
  • janetsalley
    Options
    lets be friends :)
  • Sew4clownz
    Sew4clownz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a Weight Watchers lifetime member from many years ago. A friend of mine asked me if we could go on Weight Watchers together, but since I haven't been there in such a long time, their point system has me sort of confused. My friend's daughter said she was using myfitnesspal, so I decided to check it out and I totally LOVE IT. I have lost 18 pounds since December (11 from myfitnesspal) and I am really looking forward to getting back in shape. I have gotten motivated to start working out again, and I am really excited to use my food diary every day. I just love the way it tracks everything and keeps my sodium, cholesterol, calorie, etc. ... all the levels within the daily allowance. I would love to be your friend, and we can encourage each other. P. S. I will be 62 in May, but I look and feel a whole lot younger than that. I am a professional clown and do many parties and grand openings throughout the year. I make all my own costumes as well. I also do professional face painting and balloon twisting too. LOVE MY JOB!!
  • ealinn
    ealinn Posts: 38
    Options
    40+ Been on a weight loss roller coaster since I was 10. Weight-watchers, Atkins, starvation, shakes, pills... I've tried it all. The only thing that has ever worked is healthy eating combined with exercise. Determined that this time, the weight is going to come off and I'm going to be fit, and be that way for life! Feel free to add me too if you'd like.
  • kaleohone
    Options
    40+...sending my friend request.
  • jamesleesmith
    jamesleesmith Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    42 and just starting on the road to fitness.
  • cuddlescreampuff
    cuddlescreampuff Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi there...I'm 47 and started my journey in 2011. I lost 23 pounds, but then lost my mind and stopped checking in with MFP. I gained 8 back, and was not happy. Since restarting in January of this year I have lost 4 pounds. I am halfway to my a goal of evicting 40 pounds from my body :smile: yes evicting! I do not "lose" weight...I evict it!! I don't ever want to see it again! If you need someone on your friends list who will encourage and uplift you I'm your gal. Having friends here is so important. It's a driving force, because we're all in this together. Please feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • genablue
    genablue Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Wow, all the 40's and doing so great.....pick me, I would love to share the support.....this has been key for me, the tracking and the support. Good luck to all of us....Fabulous and 40:drinker: :drinker:
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.