LOW CARB. BUT HIGH CALORIE?

Options
13»

Replies

• turtlefitnessdad
    turtlefitnessdad Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Now here are some specific ideas that i have not heard of yet. Keep them coming please. I believe this thread has been very helpful thus far. Rememer, you are spending my money so that should make you enjoy giving me these ideas. :laugh:

jerky
    Atkins bars
    Fage yogurt
    Power peanut butter
    quest bars
    Robb chocolate protein powder
    salami sticks
    olive oil
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    http://www.atkins.com/Program/Phase-1.aspx click on the different phases and it will give you food lists
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Any nuts and nut butters, dark chocolate (antioxidants if you go really dark), meats, eggs (boiled, fried, scrambled, poached, etc.), omelettes, avocado, coconut and coconut ice cream, etc...
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I need to find foods that are higher in calories but low in carbs. Preferably with a reasonablely low fat content. Does anyone have any good recommandations? We truly intend on buying things that we find out about on our next shopping trip so any advice would be greatlly helpful.

Thanks.

Calories come from carbs, protein, and fat. Nothing else.

Trying to do a low carb, low fat diet means a super high protein diet. Which probably isn't what she needs.
  • turtlefitnessdad
    Options
    ^^^ Above post.....this has already been addressed, do you have any food ideas? Thanks.

She just wants to keep from going over on here daily fat goal is all.

Low carb higher calorie is what she needs. I guess my original post was a bit misleading. I know that there is going to be higher fat content in most cases. Does any one have any food ideas that have not yet been mentioned?

Thus far all i have is almonds, dark chocolate, chicken, turkey, fish. That is good but are there any other ideas? I am actuelly looking for some specific things. I

Thanks everyone.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    fat is your friend. i have no problems going over on fat and protein, hate going over on carbs.

if your missus is a bit funny about it stick to 'good fats' e.g. almonds, peanut butter, avacados etc.
  • 3laine75
    Options
    ^^^ Above post.....this has already been addressed, do you have any food ideas? Thanks.

She just wants to keep from going over on here daily fat goal is all.

Low carb higher calorie is what she needs. I guess my original post was a bit misleading. I know that there is going to be higher fat content in most cases. Does any one have any food ideas that have not yet been mentioned?

Thus far all i have is almonds, dark chocolate, chicken, turkey, fish. That is good but are there any other ideas? I am actuelly looking for some specific things. I

Thanks everyone.

protein shake.
  • 3laine75
    Options
    or alchohol :)
  • melmckay99
    Options
    Oh yea, I forgot my quest bars. They have great protein, and have an all natural variety. The texture is decent and the taste is really great.

Also look for "Power peanut butter" it's higher in protein than store brands. I order mine from Netrition.com

Love Quest bars! Havey ou ever tried microwaving them? They only need about 15 seconds or so, but it makes them so soft and brings out the flavours even more!
  • jonnythan
    Options

Well you're basically telling us that all she can eat is protein. So.... lean meat and protein powder. Which seems very silly.

I think you should talk to the doc about actual macro targets.
  • turtlefitnessdad
    Options

Well you're basically telling us that all she can eat is protein. So.... lean meat and protein powder. Which seems very silly.

Already have. That's why i am seeking food ideas from a whole lot of people by asking on here.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Already have. That's why i am seeking food ideas from a whole lot of people by asking on here.

So how many grams of fat and carbs should she be getting in a day?
  • Buryjam1
    Buryjam1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have been low carbing and I am a lists girl so please see what I have been collating on my phone. The desserts were just me trying to identify flour free desserts so feel free to ignore those. You can't do low fat and low carb, they are not compatible really as other people have pointed out and the fat free products just replace the taste with a load of sugar which is worse than the natural fat.

Omelette
    Bacon
    Sausages
    Cooked corned beef
    Cooked mackerel
    Cooked sardines
    Avocado
    Guacamole
    Taramasalata
    Walnuts
    Pecans
    Brazil nuts
    Coconut

Coconut oil
    Lard
    Beef drippings
    Goose fat
    Butter
    Mayo
    Cream
    Cheeses
    Coconut mill

Lasagne with leeks veg and beef
    Pork loin very juicy
    Whole chicken very juicy
    Frying steak chopped up
    Curry lamb
    Curry chicken
    Fried chicken wings
    Roast chicken legs with gravy soup
    Thai green curry
    Meatballs in sauce
    Sausage casserole
    Ribs
    Liver and onions
    Broccoli mash
    Cauliflower
    Spinach
    Cabbage
    Veg haloumi curry with mushrooms
    Prawns
    Baked to perfection cod
    Mussels
    Cooked corned beef
    Cooked mackerel
    Cooked sardines
    Cauliflower rice
    Meatloaf any type of mince
    Lamb mince
    Lamb stew
    Lamb stew soup - puréed

Whipped thick double cream
    Berries
    Meringue
    Egg custard
    Dark chocolate
    Hazelnut chocolate
    Coconut flour
    Ground almonds
    Chocolate covered nuts and fruit (homemade)
    Coconut milk and cream
    Greek yogurt
    Creme fraiche
    Thick double cream
    Marscapone
    Mozzarella
    Olives
    Cold cuts
    Asian sweets
    Pecans fried etc
    Dessicated coconut
  • turtlefitnessdad
    Options

So how many grams of fat and carbs should she be getting in a day?

Carbs is under 100. (As per medical docter) As i said earlier fat is not importent, she wants to stay under her MFP number.
  • turtlefitnessdad
    Options
    I have been low carbing and I am a lists girl so please see what I have been collating on my phone. The desserts were just me trying to identify flour free desserts so feel free to ignore those. You can't do low fat and low carb, they are not compatible really as other people have pointed out and the fat free products just replace the taste with a load of sugar which is worse than the natural fat.

Omelette
    Bacon
    Sausages
    Cooked corned beef
    Cooked mackerel
    Cooked sardines
    Avocado
    Guacamole
    Taramasalata
    Walnuts
    Pecans
    Brazil nuts
    Coconut

Coconut oil
    Lard
    Beef drippings
    Goose fat
    Butter
    Mayo
    Cream
    Cheeses
    Coconut mill

Lasagne with leeks veg and beef
    Pork loin very juicy
    Whole chicken very juicy
    Frying steak chopped up
    Curry lamb
    Curry chicken
    Fried chicken wings
    Roast chicken legs with gravy soup
    Thai green curry
    Meatballs in sauce
    Sausage casserole
    Ribs
    Liver and onions
    Broccoli mash
    Cauliflower
    Spinach
    Cabbage
    Veg haloumi curry with mushrooms
    Prawns
    Baked to perfection cod
    Mussels
    Cooked corned beef
    Cooked mackerel
    Cooked sardines
    Cauliflower rice
    Meatloaf any type of mince
    Lamb mince
    Lamb stew
    Lamb stew soup - puréed

Whipped thick double cream
    Berries
    Meringue
    Egg custard
    Dark chocolate
    Hazelnut chocolate
    Coconut flour
    Ground almonds
    Chocolate covered nuts and fruit (homemade)
    Coconut milk and cream
    Greek yogurt
    Creme fraiche
    Thick double cream
    Marscapone
    Mozzarella
    Olives
    Cold cuts
    Asian sweets
    Pecans fried etc
    Dessicated coconut

Wow....thank you.
  • 7Neil
    7Neil Posts: 2
    Options
    Avocado is also one of the "happy foods". It encourages the creation of seratonin in the brain, bringing good moods and more positive approaches to life. (According to my psych training)
  • DekkaTwoOneWizzy
    Options
    bad idea. Low carbs plus low fat= hormonal and metabolic sabatage. If she's doing cardio AND strength training its over. Lots of lean mass will be lost and she'll end up skinny fat. Raising protein up to 1.5-2 gr/lb is nonsensical as well if shes not on androgens and precontest dieting and essentially doubles and triples your food bill. Youll be paying for overpriced carbs on high protein low fat...
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Carbs is under 100. (As per medical docter) As i said earlier fat is not importent, she wants to stay under her MFP number.

Perhaps a phone call to the doc about the actual grams of fat would be helpful.

You need the percentages based on her calorie allotment: I'm sure the fat grams would be much higher than the mfp setting.

Tofu
    Use leafy greens for veggies they are low carb and low everything but are packed with vitamins and minerals