P90X Fat Man - Phase 3!!

Options
Yeah! Phase 3!!

As I said before, I'm just a regular fat guy who needs exercise and have no affiliation with the makers of P90X.

I weighed 350 pounds when I started P90X two months ago. Yesterday I weighed in at 335.4! That's almost 15 pounds lost.

But more importantly I feel so much more fit! I've learned that I need to choose fitness everyday. I've learned that when I wake up sore, I should work out so that I feel better.

Here are links to my progress through the other phases, in case you would like to read through those:

Phase 1: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/837692-the-p90x-fat-man
Phase 2: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/871256-p90x-fat-man-phase-2

So, today was a new video for me, Chest and Back. I'm going through the P90X Lean version. It's a bit easier than the regular program but definitely hard enough for this big guy.

This program is almost all pushups and pull-ups. And I'm still too heavy to both, lol. So, with the pushups I do knee versions, and with the pull-ups I use bands attached to a door hinge. I also have weights I use: 3, 5, 8, 20 pounds. I'm considering buying some more since I feel like I'm growing out of the lower ones.

This workout is pretty killer, but Tony is really encouraging. He pushes you throughout the video to do the absolute max you can, but then at the end reminds you that it's ok if you can only do a few. Just keep coming back and you'll get there.

Tomorrow's routine is a familiar one, CardioX. Looking forward to it!

I'm also expecting to be a little sloppy this week as the muscle confusion hits. But I'll be doing my best!

Replies

• Nekhet
    Nekhet Posts: 380
    Options
    You are doing amazing work my friend and I am doing P90X also only in Phase II but I have also lost 15 lbs and bring it!!

We got this bro!!
  • clairekraw
    Options
    Congrats! Keep it up!!
  • harlychic
    Options
    You are doing so great. Are there only 3 Phases? Do you plan on doing the program again after finishing?
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! Keep WINNING!!
  • swashburn3
    swashburn3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You are doing so great. Are there only 3 Phases? Do you plan on doing the program again after finishing?

Yes, there are three phases, so I'm two-thirds of the way there (though the last phase has an extra week in it).

I did pretty well at CardioX today. I actually had some trouble getting my heart rate up early. I felt a major burn in my legs during the yoga section and I kind of wimped out a bit.

But things picked up quickly during kenpo, and I really enjoyed that section. In fact, I got all the way through the kenpo section without having to pause at all.

Plyo really got me going and I had to pause the video after the jump shots.

So, all in all, it was a great workout. I really enjoyed it and I burned about 680 calories, according to my HRM.

Next up is Shoulder and Arms. I haven't done that since Phase 1 and it'll be fun to see how I've improved since then.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!
  • Falenea
    Falenea Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You are doing amazing thanks for inspiring us all.
  • gioisa75
    gioisa75 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Great Job on your progress. I must be the only one to gain weight doing P90X?
  • harlychic
    Options
    You are doing amazingly great I enjoy reading your posts you just keep going and going :smile:
  • scooterjay_wwis
    scooterjay_wwis Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!! Keep going. I'm going to re-visit my Tae Bo tapes today for a change of pace. Haven't had them out since the 1990's.:smile:
  • swashburn3
    Options
    I really rocked Shoulders and Arms today!! I got some new weights and was able to use them well. My arms feel like jello, lol. Feeling totally pumped.

Tomorrow is Thursday and that mean YogaX! I struggle with it every time, but I love to do it because it's such a challenge!

Be fit every day!
  • swashburn3
    Options
    Whew! I was pretty bad at yoga today, lol. I was kind of expecting this because of recovery week last week.

There were a couple of good points though. I almost can get my right leg up into runner's pose now! It's about three inches from the starting position.

Also I'm getting more flexible when it comes to pulling my leg up to my chest which helps me do some of the balance poses better.

P90X has really become a routine and habit now. I realize that choosing this every day is a very positive thing as far as my health and wellbeing goes.

I still have a long way to go, but I feel like the life change is settling in and I like where I'm headed.
  • _SASX_
    _SASX_ Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Swash, I love hoe you think!

You always find something good about your workouts. Even when things don't work out the way they should, you're still smiling.

You are also making fantastic progress! You have a lot of accomplishments. I hope you keep the tracking sheets from this round in a binder, with the other rounds that I'm sure are to come LOL.
    [I track the time and cal burn on the bottom of the sheet so I have some idea week to week how much I'm putting into it, that way, I can also look back at how I did during other rounds]

today was back and biceps for me. with a pounding headache, so I know I didn't push as hard as I usually do, because every time I strained, my head would explode :explode: but I can still feel the burn in my arms, so I know there will be doms. and looking back at week 7, I either did the same reps or 2+ more

tomorrow is cardio of some kind for me. not sure if I'll do a fitnessblender kickboxing, kenpo or rushfit fight workout, but I know it will be sweaty!
  • kbutz1
    kbutz1 Posts: 8
    Options
    If anyone here needs some extra motivation, support, advice or accountability with their P90X workouts (or any other workout for that matter), please send me a friend request and I would be glad to help.

My name is Kevin Butz and I am a Team Beachbody coach. I started out with P90X 3 years ago and had awesome results. Since then I have finished and/or repeated many of the Beachbody programs to include P90X, P90X2, Insanity, Insanity:The Asylum, Les Mills Combat and soon I'll be starting Body Beast. I had a great coach and decided last year that I wanted to pay it forward and became a coach myself.

Please feel free to message me here or you can contact me via any of the following methods.
    www.zenithfitness.net (click the contact me button)
    coachkpb@gmail.com
    www.facebook.com/kevin.butz.92
  • harlychic
    harlychic Posts: 58
    Options
    That is one the the most positive and motivating statements I"ve read on here...choosing this everyday is a very positive thing for my health and well being. Well Done :smile:
  • tacguy
    tacguy Posts: 196
    Options
    Way to go, man!!! Keep Pushin' Play!!!
  • swashburn3
    Options
    Thanks a bunch everyone for the great encouragement!

Core Synergistics was ok today. I was pretty sloppy, my muscles were all over the place and twitching and shaking.

It's like my body was saying, "Core? On Friday? We never do core on Friday!" Lol.

One good thing is, that I made it through the whole video without pausing. But I think I'd be more excited about that if I knew I did the program well and made it through it all. But that will come with time.

I'm getting better at pushups too :) Which is great.

Keep at it! Be the best you can be!
  • _SASX_
    _SASX_ Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    There are always days when your body looks at you, *kitten* its hip to the side, tilts its head, scrunches its face and goes "WHAA???

you totally surprised it today by doing core! it must have been thinking about some sort of ST like L&B and you switched it up! Good for you!

keep your body guessing as to what is coming! plan it out on your calendar or wherever, but keep the rhythm staggered here and there and it will help. it's all part of that muscle confusion that Tony talks about. just as the comfort zone is starting to get comfy, it's time to mix it up a little. I was talking about that with a colleague today about work. Once you get in a rut, its easy to get stuck in there and do the same thing forever, but if you change classes, go up or down a grade level, or change schools, you don't get stagnant. You keep things fresh for you and for those around you. Switching things up is good. and those shaking muscles? that's good, too. you are using them. and they are doing the happy dance!

Got in my cardio today too. Rushfit's the Fight. 45 min and they sneak in some burpees. then I had a vicarious workout -thinking about doing a ZWOW, but then thought...not tonight. might try and put some into my hybrid P90X-Insanity-Fitnessblender thingy.

Have a great night and keep pressing play, Swash! You are doing fantastically!
  • swashburn3
    Options
    Great job SASX, you've been doing great consistently!

Today my arms were on fire during Kenpo! That never happens.. :) It felt great afterwards.

Still pausing during the leg routines when my HRM kicks in. It still happens often, but less frequently, so that's progress.

Also, I DID ALL THE STAR JACKS TODAY!! WOO HOO! I had to pause before the next exercise, but I did them all. :)

All in all it was a great day and I got a really good calorie burn in. After the routine I was so heated up!

Looking forward to XStretch tomorrow!
  • swashburn3
    Options
    XStretch was ok today. We had a hectic schedule and I ended up watching the kids while I was doing it. So, it wasn't as relaxing as usual, but I did get some good stretching done.

So, this wraps up week 9. Looking forward to working my arms again tomorrow.

Keep bringing it everyone!
  • harlychic
    harlychic Posts: 58
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing great and are so PUMPED keep it up