1100 calorie diet + 5 days a wk at gym =NO WEIGHT LOSS!! GR

Options

Replies

• FatCopThinCop
    FatCopThinCop Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    One last thing CiCI, here is this past weeks prgress report of people my sister coaches. You will see my progress too here.

Talk to you soon:

Now, onto the summary of our progress!!!! :)

Nancy: - 25 lbs (26 wks) and on Transition!!

Brad: Maintaining his 34 lb. weight loss, is on the Maintenance section of the program, and is still running (on program since 7/7/10)

Ron (aka: Dad): -38.5 lbs (22 wks on program) AND is 2.5 lbs from his goal!!

Pauline (aka: Mom): -41 lbs (22 wks on program) AND reports that her knee doesn't bother her the way it used to!!!

John: - 43 lbs. (22 wks)

Jay: - 24 lbs (22 wks)

Joe: -60 lbs (20.5 wks)

Debbie: -6 lbs

Linda: - 55 lb. loss (on the program since March 1st)

Donna: didn't hear from her this week

Kama: -12 lb loss (16 wks)

Craig: -22 lbs (15 wks) AND has gone from a 44/46 sized belt to a 40 since he's been on the program!!!!

Joyce: - 24 lbs (14 wks) AND just bagged up a BUNCH of clothes that no longer fit her, in order to make room for a new wardrobe!!!

Gina: is still losing! (15 wks)

Mark: (15 wks) is just about ready to go on Transition!

Debbie Ann: -23 lbs (14 wks)

Wolf: - 35 lbs (12 wks)

Lowell: -26 lbs (11 wks)

Diane: - 17 lbs (since 10/31)

Carey: -48 lbs (3 mos) AND that's an 8 lb LOSS this week right after a 2 week cruise!!!

Chris: - 22 lbs (12 wks)

June: maintaining her -13 lb loss (12 wks)

Claudia: - 18 lbs (since 11/21/10)

Paul: -17.4 lbs (since 1/1/11) AND has resumed working out at the gym regularly!!!

Aaron: -13.1 lbs (9 wks)

Shannon: -10 lbs (8 wks)

Gail: didn't hear from her this week (8 wks)

Steve: -13 lbs (4 wks) AND that's a 4 lb LOSS this week!

Niki: -14 lbs (4 wks)

Bette: -15 lbs (4 wks)

Audrey: -14 lbs in 26 days AND is down 1 pants size already!!!

Ashley: -10 lbs (3.5 wks) AND can wear pants that used to be too tight, as well as needed to tighten her belt!!!

Gwen: -5 lbs in 2.5 wks!!

Kena: -8 lbs (2 wks)

Lori: -9 lbs (2 wks) AND can fit into pants she hasn't worn in years!!!

Paula: -2 lbs in 6 days!!!

Norma: -7.5 lbs in her first week!!!

Casie: -2 lbs in 2 days!!!

Sara: started on program 1/29/11!!

Deborah: started on program 1/31/11!!

Sommer: started on program 1/31/11!!

George: started on program on 1/31/11!!

Cici, there it is, you can see here program works well for both men and women. Take care,

Paul
  • karen4777
    Options
    My body goes into starvation mode very quickly if I am not eating enough nutritious calories. 1100 for is not enough. I eat about 1400 and day and do 45 min of cardio 4 times a week. And of course water, water and more water.
  • cici6477
    Options
    I pay enuff as it is buying healthy food and going to the gym and my protein shakes :) I will not be investing more $$$ to put food on the table just for me. It doesn't cost $$ to lose weight. You just have to commit to it.
  • cici6477
    Options
    I pay enuff as it is buying healthy food and going to the gym and my protein shakes :) I will not be investing more $$$ to put food on the table just for me. It doesn't cost $$ to lose weight. You just have to commit to it.

But I thank you for taking the time to tell me about it :)
  • sarahlauren18
    sarahlauren18 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Definitely NOT eating enough !!
  • jennigriff
    Options
    Eating your exercise calories? You should be eating 1200 NET calories (1200 + exercise calories) per day or risk slowing your metabolism, thus halting weight loss.

THIS! You are putting yourself in starvation mode when you go under 1200.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I strongly encourage you to remember that while 99% of trainers are not nutritionists, nor are MFPers. I might even add a .99% to that statistic. And because you're receiving this information over the internet, I'd also take all of it—even my own—with a grain of ... rice, since you're off the salt.

Everyone's body is different. If you're a particularly small woman then 1100 calories may be an allowable diet. I certainly wouldn't go lower than that, but the idea of how many calories your organs need to function is based off of their weight.

Now, regarding eating your exercise calories, this is rather hotly debated. You should eat back at least some of them, but personally I wouldn't eat them back one to one. I would probably eat back 80% of the calories you burn. But that's my opinion.

From what I've read on your side, it sounds as though you're not drinking much water. You need to get several glasses a day. Eight is a general guideline (although in reality a doctor just threw that out there and people latched onto it ... it's a go-to guideline, like 1200 calorie minimums), but it won't hurt you to take in more. It will help to drop any of that extra water-weight.

You're only going to be doing this diet for a short time longer, it sounds, so when you re-evaluate your diet plan, you may want to seek the advice of a nutritionist.
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Eating your exercise calories? You should be eating 1200 NET calories (1200 + exercise calories) per day or risk slowing your metabolism, thus halting weight loss.

ok, that answers the question I had. . tho the day I spent 2 hrs shoveling snow, there just was no way I was goign to be able to eat THAT many extra calories (3100 total calories for the day, I hit 2100, but went way over my sodium intake for the day!)
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    yes this is article explains the process very well
  • Eliz37042
    Options
    Help please!!
    I am in the same boat!
    I train with a trainer twice a week, and I do Cardio 5x times a week. I am maintaining my weight, even after cutting back to only 1100 calories a day.
    It is frustrating because I am working hard. Do I increase my calories daily?
  • lbd2014
    Options
    Correction:
    1lb of MUSCLE vs. 1lb of FAT still weighs 1lb. MUSCLE simply takes up less space than FAT.
  • newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Ask your trainer if she knows what BMR and TDEE are - if she doesn't you need a new trainer!
  • newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

You don't have to eat at nigh, estimate what you think you will burn and divide those calories up throughout the day.
    [/quote]

If you know you're going to the gym "tonight" and weight lifting for 30 minutes, you can log your excercise that morning and MFP will tell how many calories you have "earned" from excercise. Eat those.
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    Are you sure you are eating 1100 a day because it does not look like you are logging on MFP. Maybe you are logging somewhere else? I was in your same boat. I was only eating 1200 calories a day and not eating back my exercise calories. I learned a lot from reading the message boards. Started making sure I was netting 1200 a day. So I was actually eating 1500-1700 when eating my workout cals back. Then the weight started to come off. I think you are eating too little.
  • Eliz37042
    Options
    I eat the same thing every single night because I know what the calorie count is. I drink 100 oz mim of Water a day.
    I never go over the amount of 1100, and I never fully log in at the end of each day, I need to start.
    I eat almost the same thing everyday!
  • marilynt44
    Options
    Yes, you need to be eating at least 1100 net calories. Food Calories minus Exercise Calories. So if you are supposed to be eating 1100 calories, then find out how much you typically burn off at the gym (lets just make up a number of 400) and eat those extra calories (you can eat them anytime, you don't have to wait until night). So you'd have 1500 Food Calories Minus 400 Exercise= 1100 calories. Most people need at least 1200 calories per day just for their bodies to function or they go into starvation mode (which is when your body doesn't burn those calories, so you end up not losing or perhaps even gaining ).
  • vamari22
    vamari22 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're not eating enough. I have has similar struggles in the past. My doctor, my trainer and a couple of my nutritionist friends have all recommended that I eat at least 1,400 - 1,600 calories a day when I'm working out 4-5 days a week. Have you checked with your doctor or a nutritionist to see if there's another reason why you might not be losing?
  • brian198989
    Options
    Your body may be coming toned. Your body may have substituted muscle for fat, that's a good thing!
  • babs7119
    babs7119 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You have to remember muscle weighs,so although you have not lost pounds i bet you have lost inches. the pounds will show up,just wait you'll see;)
  • proudmommy_iam
    Options
    Though you have a 1100 calorie diet is it a balanced diet? Many times we eat whatever for those 1100 calories and yet our body is missing the healthy things we need to have a balance intake. A few years ago I worked out 3 times a week with my trainer and lost 20lbs. But when I quit working out the weight slowly came back on! I found a health plan that has taught me how to eat! I lost 27lbs (and counting) and now I know how to maintain my weight loss and stay on track by healthy eating.