How do I tighten up my face

Options
13»

Replies

• Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Well I am willing to try anything at this point so thank you! With my weight loss my face is sliding down my head! And my neck,.,,,we wont even go there!
  • debbies33
    Options
    bump
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    You will hate me for saying this, but lift weights.

I had a really fat face, but I have no loose skin around both my face and kneck (in fact I regularly get complimented on my kneck - lol). When lifting free weights, you tend to engage your face and kneck muscles, ergo, no flab :happy:

Why would anyone hate you for saying that? Lifting heavy is great. It's done wonders for everything but my saggy face. But, then again, I am at that age.
  • amysteri
    amysteri Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Awesome tips!
    Gonna check out Witch Hazel

And glad to know lifting weights also help
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

I smile in the shower like if I'm high and I hold it. True story. Or you get high and watch Borat or Spongebob. Any thing to make you laugh so hard your face hurts the next day.

Solid tips! Although, after the third or fourth time watching Borat it just wasn't that funny any more :(
  • KaySera
    KaySera Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    If you mean cosmetics to use to make your face look thinner, then try some of the above. :wink:

BUT if you mean exercise for your facial muscles?......I have two words...........EVA FRASER (books, DVDs etc available on Amazon).

I saw her once a few years ago and couldn't believe how young she looked. She must be about 80yo by now and she looked about 40years younger. Mind you she's been using her exercises for decades!

Here's one article about her:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/wellbeing/4601019/Look-younger-A-natural-facelift-that-lasts.html
  • cdwater
    cdwater Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school, one of our exercises in P.E. was saying the vowels and really emphasizing them, using the face muscles to tone them.
  • nannybubbles
    Options
    When I was in high school, one of our exercises in P.E. was saying the vowels and really emphasizing them, using the face muscles to tone them.
    C'mon... be honest... how many of you have just said Aaaaa - Eeeeee - Iiiiii - Ooooo - Uuuuuuu ?
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Give it some time. Definitely hydrate, inside and out, and follow a good consistent skin care regimen.
    Fish oil supplements.
    Be religious about sunscreen.
    Vitamin C serum (I use Obagi and it's not cheap but it's the best imho) and peptides
    There are stronger medicines out there, from a laser and rf standpoint, but skin does bounce back; it just takes longer the older you get.
    Finally, I agree with the poster that said "lift weights" -- but for other reasons. I think we (I'm almost 45) can get away with slightly higher body fat if the body comp is better with more muscle.
  • mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I've heard great things about Cosmetic Acupuncture as well! But please don't do botox or anything scary like that! So dangerous!
    I use a night cream that tightens and firms called Nerium AD and LOVE it. You can only buy through brand partners. the site it www.radiantskinsolutions.nerium.com
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Don't know if any of you are still looking for the answer but I second what mazzasweet said. I also use and have been using Nerium AD and now they have a day cream too! It's like gold in a bottle! Helps with so much more than just tightening and firming! I'd be happy to share my before/after 7 day photos if you'd like, just shoot me a message!