Internet dating dilemma

Options

Replies

• chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    NO!!!

One thing is to be careful and protect your identity as a safety measure... but to lie about important things, not worth it...
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Wait! Are you telling me that what is on the internet is not the truth? I have been dating a french model who I met here! According to the internet everything is true you can't lie on the internet....is the OP lying to us! OMG the horror!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    LMAO, no.

Is he also 6 2", dark, handsome , 9% bodyfat and squats 350kilos for reps?

how YOU doin?
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Forget it. I met my fiance online five years ago, and one of the things that I liked about him was that he was totally honest about the fact that he has a child. Little white lies are one thing, but whether or not he has children is going to affect you personally if you get into a relationship.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    No.

Who wants to get into a relationship with someone that started lying from the start?

This. I met my wife through one of the sites. Thus, I have a bit of experience with them and lying is an absolute deal killer IMHO.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    No.

Some people lie, some don't. Most stretch the truth, but you have to know where it's okay to do that and where it's not. On a dating site, I don't think it's ever okay to lie about having kids since that's definitely something that people filter on for very specific reasons. As long as you have a profession, lying about your profession is a strange thing, it really doesn't get you anywhere, kwim?
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    no
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    LMAO, no.

how YOU doin?

I'm doing well! I'm actually 6'4" and own a multi-million dollar company on the side for when my Olympic career is over!
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Run. Run fast. Run like Jason is walking at 2.0 mph and he is about to catch up to you even though you are running at a speed of 6.0 mph and he is still defying the laws of physics and is about to chainsaw you in daaaaaaaaaaa faaaaaaaaaceeeeeee.......
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Those are blatant lies. IT and Chef are not interchangeable. That's like saying I'm a gyno just because I've looked at and touched vaginas.
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hell no.

I have been trying out a dating site and I most certainly don't lie. On liers lie.
  • JadeLovesGin
    Options
    We all need little white lies from time to time to make life easier for everyone but the lies you've been told are BIG.

Why are they hiding the fact they have children? What is their motivation for something like that? I'd hazard a guess that they'll stick around for approximately 1 night (if that)...just long enough to show you an average time and then go back to their other life.

Run, don't look back and find someone new! Unless you do want a short-lived, average fling that is?!!

EDIT: I speak from experience, trust me on this!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Depends on how attractive they were.
  • Getyourshineon
    Options
    NO... Run!!! Relationships should be based on trust... Not an option to begin with a lie. Be very careful out there..
    With the on line dating scene, I've been there, done that, got the tshirt for it..Lots of disappointment but I did make a couple of great friendships as well.. Just be very aware... Also, some big time scammers that are quite poetic and seem too good to be true.. If they seem that way, they are..

Good Luck!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    No. From my experience with online dating, most females are fictional characters just to get men to subscribe.
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    A little lie I might be able to deal with. Say....for example, that they are a brunette and the truth is they buy it out of a bottle. Or the picture is 6 months old (not 1 year, or 5-10 years).

But to lie about your children and your job? Um....no. Run.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Well I'd tell a certain duck to stop lying about his profile....it's venomous to your mind....but hey, chefs need lovin too \m/
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    If you started chatting to someone on an internet dating site and you found out they lied? You then confronted them, and their response was, "who doesnt lie on these sites?". Their profile said they dont have children and they do, also they said they are in the IT/ communications industry, and they work as a chef.

Would you continue chatting with them?

You actually had to think about this? :frown:
  • sozisfitnow
    sozisfitnow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    LMAO, no.

how YOU doin?

I'm doing well! I'm actually 6'4" and own a multi-million dollar company on the side for when my Olympic career is over!

LMAO:laugh: