Internet dating dilemma

Options

Replies

• liya368
    liya368 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Nope. Don't waste your time.

To me lying about having children is a big one.
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    No. From my experience with online dating, most females are fictional characters just to get men to subscribe.

Do you fall for the "there are hot girls waiting to meet you" ads? :tongue:

I've been on a few dates with a guy from online, proper gent. You do have to be a bit ruthless to find a goodun though
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    LMAO, no.

Is he also 6 2", dark, handsome , 9% bodyfat and squats 350kilos for reps?

how YOU doin?

I'm doing well! I'm actually 6'4" and own a multi-million dollar company on the side for when my Olympic career is over!

OH! Nevermind him then!

how YOU doin?
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    No, those are some pretty big lies..and no, not everyone lies on those sites.
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    NO! there is absolutely no reason to lie about either of those things. Move on. You have to be very careful with online dating. If red flags appear listen to your gut and move on. There are alot of fish in the sea and dont waste a minute with a carp!

I met my fiance on an online website, after meeting several not so desirable men. It only takes the right one, but make sure you are not settling in any way.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Those are blatant lies. IT and Chef are not interchangeable. That's like saying I'm a gyno just because I've looked at and touched vaginas.

WAIT! you aren't !!!? but,...but you told me you were!!!

bwahahaaahaha
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Nope... I can't stand liars and therefore they cannot be in my life. Minor things I could over look... children is not a minor thing.
  • hugh_rynal
    hugh_rynal Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Brian, I'm 5'11" (and a half 1/2), weighing in at 17ish stone, I have more hair on my *kitten* than on my head, I work as a computer programmer, I have flabby bits, I can be very grumpy and moody, I work as a computer programmer, I'm resposible for 2 children...........any takers ??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This would be my advert......happy to say though, I am totally spoken for already !! :tongue:
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    If you started chatting to someone on an internet dating site and you found out they lied? You then confronted them, and their response was, "who doesnt lie on these sites?". Their profile said they dont have children and they do, also they said they are in the IT/ communications industry, and they work as a chef.

Would you continue chatting with them?

no...if they are willing to lie when nothing is at stake, then what would they do when somethings on the line and is at stake?

hmmmm?
  • JadeLovesGin
    Options
    That's like saying I'm a gyno just because I've looked at and touched vaginas.

Haha! Brilliant!!!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Ok the work thing maybe not, but lying about your kids is KIND of a big deal.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    I want to know why someone would lie about being a chef in favor of IT? Being a chef is a perfectly respectable career! *flounces off*

*flounces back*

Oh yeah, ignore this loser - people that lie about their kids are looking for strange, not a relationship of any kind.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Bonjour!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    No.

Why is this even a question? Did you lie on your dating site profile?

And seriously, if he finds this circumstance to be an acceptable reason to lie, then he will find another one, I promise you!
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    LMAO, no.

Is he also 6 2", dark, handsome , 9% bodyfat and squats 350kilos for reps?

how YOU doin?

I'm doing well! I'm actually 6'4" and own a multi-million dollar company on the side for when my Olympic career is over!

Hands off she is mine!

Cranky I'll Be round later to pick you up in my helicopter.
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    It also depends on the context. Maybe his kids don't live with him and he hardly ever sees them. I see my dad once every couple of years. Heck I even forget I technically have step siblings from his new marriage. If my dad were to make a profile and say he "didn't have children" I wouldn't really see it as a big lie, more like a white lie since our lives are so unrelated to each other that my existence has no impact on any future relationships he has. Then again, if that's the same case, that might also be a red flag that he's a deadbeat dad. lol

I really don't get why someone would lie about their job profession. That just makes it sound like he's embarrassed. Chef where, McDonalds? That's the only reason I can think of to cover that up.

If he's covering things up and acting like it's no big deal, then it sounds to me like he isn't even really taking this seriously and it's more like a role playing game to get some. But again, it's all about the context.
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    i met a guy on an online dating site, he soo wasn't my type i set him up with my best friend he set me up with his and we got engaged in Dec. My honey is totally honest about everything, the other guy not so much he likes to play games and I now no longer talk to him or sadly my best friend as he played one too many games and she took his side. Men like that are scum imo.
  • pattycakes1978
    pattycakes1978 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    No! If he starts out lying to you then thats how he is. Know that you deserve better than that. As the saying goes "There are plenty of fish in the sea". Of course there are people who are not good on those sites but there are a lot of wonderful people also. Thats how I met my hubby.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    I only use those sites when my skin suit starts to get worn out or gets a hole in it and I need a new one.
    4011797_o.gif
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    No. The deal breaker in this case for me would have been lying about the kids. And in terms of chef vs. IT, well, I would prefer the chef so that seems like an odd lie.